Covid Vaccination: I'm getting my first dose on Thursday

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The disease is asymptomatic- unless you develop symptoms....
So there is no way to tell if the vaccine is working. But I guess if you aren't sure, you can just ask the people that make it... it's not like there would be a conflict of interest. Especially since the vaccine makers have been released of all liability.

Gary K

Banned
"side effects" include soreness in the arm, which even I had.
Serious side effects do happen, but are rare

I won't try to convince you further. You KNOW that the whole system is rigged, and that only YOU and your fellow geniuses can see through it all.

The problem is that you mislead others with this foolishness.

God Bless America
or
Heaven Help us All
LOL. I mislead people? The one doing all the misleading is you. I am on the side of safety. You know this vaccine development schedule was shortened so much there basically has been no development. When the development time is 1/10 or less of normal development time for a vaccine this vaccine is guaranteed to produce many severe side effects.

Gary K

Banned
"side effects" include soreness in the arm, which even I had.
Serious side effects do happen, but are rare

I won't try to convince you further. You KNOW that the whole system is rigged, and that only YOU and your fellow geniuses can see through it all.

The problem is that you mislead others with this foolishness.

God Bless America
or
Heaven Help us All
When are you going to respond to my questions on the development cycle for vaccines and how much this vaccine development has been ignored by the pharma corps? Just how many months is "many months" when the entire development of these vaccines took less than a year. You can't see that the AP is lying through their teeth?

Answer the questions as they are very reasonable questions given the difference between your stance and the reality of normal vaccine development. I will just have to assume you're avoiding answering as there are no good answers to those questions from your point of view. In my eyes, you're exposed once again as being dead wrong.

chair

So there is no way to tell if the vaccine is working. But I guess if you aren't sure, you can just ask the people that make it... it's not like there would be a conflict of interest. Especially since the vaccine makers have been released of all liability.
This is silly- and I think you know it. We know that my chances of getting ill, i.e. with symptoms, are 95% less than they were without the vaccine. That is why it is worth getting vaccinated. It makes no difference that I might get ill without symptoms, or that I might still be able to transmit the disease (though I doubt either of those is true- time will tell). It is still a great idea to get vaccinated.

chair

LOL. I mislead people? The one doing all the misleading is you. I am on the side of safety. You know this vaccine development schedule was shortened so much there basically has been no development. When the development time is 1/10 or less of normal development time for a vaccine this vaccine is guaranteed to produce many severe side effects.
This was definitely faster than usual. It was rushed, because (though I expect you deny it) there is a pandemic, and there was a public health motivation to move it quickly- and money was spent to do so. The only thing that hasn't been tested is what might happen years down the line. But the technology is well understood, and to date, vaccines haven't caused long term harm.

Please suggest a biochemical mechanism for long term damage. Explain how it could theoretically happen.

"this vaccine is guaranteed to produce many severe side effects"- Nonsense. Pure conjecture.

chair

9.12% of the population have already received their first dose here. Mostly health workers and older people who are more likely to get severely ill or die.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I had covid - my only symptoms were loss of taste and smell and I had to go the bathroom a lot. It didn't leave any lasting damage. I am an older adult.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is silly- and I think you know it. We know that my chances of getting ill, i.e. with symptoms, are 95% less than they were without the vaccine. That is why it is worth getting vaccinated. It makes no difference that I might get ill without symptoms, or that I might still be able to transmit the disease (though I doubt either of those is true- time will tell). It is still a great idea to get vaccinated.
Since we don't know the rate of people that get COVID without symptoms then we can't know if your 95% is more like 5% or less. In fact, the whole idea of asymptomatic spread is in doubt, much less being anywhere near sure what the rate of asymptomatic infection is.

"We know" is where you are completely wrong. You may be smart, but this shows you aren't honest. As you should know,
A good name is to be more desired than great wealth,
Favor is better than silver and gold.

But let's even look at the numbers. Since I'm in a demographic where the flu is more dangerous than COVID, and the reactions to the vaccines are higher, just by straight logic I shouldn't take it (or anyone younger than about 60 years old). I think if you are over 75 the risk might be worth it, but that should be up to the individual. That really isn't too many people, or even very imperative, since that demographic has no excess deaths.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I had covid - my only symptoms were loss of taste and smell and I had to go the bathroom a lot. It didn't leave any lasting damage. I am an older adult.

And there it is right there. Its nothing to fear. Or I should say, it should not be feared any more than any other Flu or Pneumonia or whatever.

chair

And there it is right there. Its nothing to fear. Or I should say, it should not be feared any more than any other Flu or Pneumonia or whatever.
If you live with the hallucination that COVID isn't dangerous, then it is completely logical to say that the vaccine is pointless, and not worth even a small risk.

How does one live with such an hallucination? Somehow, the entire world has fallen for this hoax. Except for a few People Who Really Know (TM).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
If you live with the hallucination that COVID isn't dangerous, then it is completely logical to say that the vaccine is pointless, and not worth even a small risk.

How does one live with such an hallucination? Somehow, the entire world has fallen for this hoax. Except for a few People Who Really Know (TM).

When those in power have convinced the masses that something is dangerous, it's easy to claim that the minority who haven't fallen for it are "conspiracy theorists" and "quacks" and "people who reject common sense" and "hallucinating."

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You were lucky. many others were not.

My God you are the quintessential coward.
Are you scared of your car too? You might crash and die you know, millions do.
Are you scared of the shower? Thousands slip and die in the tub every year you know.

That's what every turd in a mask is: A coward scared to live.

If you live with the hallucination that COVID isn't dangerous. . . . . .

You really don't listen do you. Its not that its not dangerous, its just that it is no more dangerous than any number of things we all do every day. When are you going to get that through your thick skull.

chair

When those in power have convinced the masses that something is dangerous, it's easy to claim that the minority who haven't fallen for it are "conspiracy theorists" and "quacks" and "people who reject common sense" and "hallucinating."

So how does this work? The "people in power" are the same people with the same agenda in very country on earth? And what is their goal?

chair

My God you are the quintessential coward.
Are you scared of your car too? You might crash and die you know, millions do.
Are you scared of the shower? Thousands slip and die in the tub every year you know.

That's what every turd in a mask is: A coward scared to live.

You really don't listen do you. Its not that its not dangerous, its just that it is no more dangerous than any number of things we all do every day. When are you going to get that through your thick skull.

I wear a seatbelt when I drive my car.
I wear a helmet when in military service- sometimes a bullet proof vest.

It's called caution and common sense.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wear a seatbelt when I drive my car.
I wear a helmet when in military service- sometimes a bullet proof vest.

It's called caution and common sense.
The same caution and common sense we all use every flu season. Why do you insist we kill people in a bad economy? Why do you insist we hurt ourselves by wearing masks?

chair

The same caution and common sense we all use every flu season. Why do you insist we kill people in a bad economy? Why do you insist we hurt ourselves by wearing masks?
1. If, completely theoretically, this was actually a dangerous epidemic- say like the Spanish Flu- would you agree with the measures that have been taken?
2. How is wearing a mask hurting me?

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
1. If, completely theoretically, this was actually a dangerous epidemic- say like the Spanish Flu- would you agree with the measures that have been taken?
2. How is wearing a mask hurting me?

Asked and Answered ad infinitum. Can't you read?