ECT Could we have a better God?

musterion

I have been on my back in bed since 10 o'clock this morning when I returned home from work. Something viral made me suddenly nauseous, lightheaded and hot, so I clocked out. I've slept off and on since. Some of that has faded, but now pretty much everything from the waist down is sore, like I've been beat with a stick. You know the feeling. It'll pass but I expect tomorrow's going to be a real blast when I go back.

Taking the opportunity to download my favorite Bible app onto my new phone, I was reading up on what Paul said in Romans 8. God is going to redeem me and all who belong to Him from our (even at best) fragile and failing bodies. He has promised to do this for us, just as he did it for Christ our Lord.

Has it ever occurred to you that He didn't have to make that promise of hope to us? He could have just said nothing and left it a big surprise. But He didn't.

Has it also occurred to you that no idol deity envisioned in the history of mankind (and that's all of them except for Him) even tries to come close to the mercy, compassion, grace, sympathy and love of the One who wants all reconciled and at peace with Himself...all at solely His great cost? Think on it for a moment and you'll see that it's true.

We could not ask for, nor imagine, a better God and Savior than the One Who is.

glorydaz

I have been on my back in bed since 10 o'clock this morning when I returned home from work. Something viral made me suddenly nauseous, lightheaded and hot, so I clocked out. I've slept off and on since. Some of that has faded, but now pretty much everything from the waist down is sore, like I've been beat with a stick. You know the feeling. It'll pass but I expect tomorrow's going to be a real blast when I go back.

Taking the opportunity to download my favorite Bible app onto my new phone, I was reading up on what Paul said in Romans 8. God is going to redeem me and all who belong to Him from our (even at best) fragile and failing bodies. He has promised to do this for us, just as he did it for Christ our Lord.

Has it ever occurred to you that He didn't have to make that promise of hope to us? He could have just said nothing and left it a big surprise. But He didn't.

Has it also occurred to you that no idol deity envisioned in the history of mankind (and that's all of them except for Him) even tries to come close to the mercy, compassion, grace, sympathy and love of the One who wants all reconciled and at peace with Himself...all at solely His great cost? Think on it for a moment and you'll see that it's true.

What amazes me is the great comfort we receive from Him every single day...no matter what we are facing, He is there. Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death... Whether that be to me or for me, it's true and fills me with peace and thanksgiving we serve such a great and wonderful God.

Psalm 23:1-6
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

yes, Amen ! i recently read chapter 8. i hope you feel better asap -

Romans 8:1-2 KJV and 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 -

Romans 8:17-18 KJV and 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 -

Romans 8:30-31 KJV and 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 -

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Thanks, going to go get in the tub. Again.

God is great! Wellness formula and two squirts of Colloidal Silver in water.

d39415e2a88f4aa6565f4a5175d8d54e.jpg

bybee

Amen Brother! And if I weren't an Episcopalian I'd add a loud Halleluyah!

Danoh

Amen

And just a thought, can it possibly be that Jesus our saviour, loves each and everyone of us, as he loves himself?

That's a great question - thanks for the challenge it presents to get in the Word and there think it through in light of the Word :think:

Per 1 Cor. 12 and Eph. 5, yes.

There is such a thing as self-love that is not what that is commonly viewed as.

Say that you accidently cut your hand. Why do you treat the wound so tenderly? Self-love not driven by what that phrase normally brings to mind.

1 Corinthians 12:

21. And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22. Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23. And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.

Ephesians 6:

25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Just goes to show the truth of 2 Tim. 3:16, 17.

Again, thanks - I hadn't though of that til you asked :)

Eric h

God's Word says nothing about Him loving Himself.

How could Jesus give us the parable of the Good Samaritan, if the greatest commandments did not apply to him? But how did Jesus love all his neighbours as he loved himself?

Those who condemned him to death and nailed him top the cross. We know he prayed on the cross forgive them Father.

Should we forgive, so that we can live by these greatest commandments?

Just a thought

musterion

Just a thought

Here's another.

God's Word says nothing about Him loving Himself.

Here's another.

"But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy..." etc