Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur Brain

Not my fault if you can't tell the difference between a liberal and a conservative.

Just so happens that I'm not afraid to say it.

Which is exactly the type of response I'd expect from someone who lacks reason and merely puts people into silly brackets as if a label defines a person, often times one that you'll throw at another if they don't hold the same views. I didn't see Vegas Cowboy as a "conservative" but rather a human being who I often disagreed with but could respect because those differences could be discussed in a rational and often a mutually humorous fashion. He wasn't overly zealous, was true to his beliefs and could argue intelligently without puerile insult, better than I I'll admit.

You on the other hand just throw about the term "liberal" with some silly soundbites.

musterion

When did the Back Alley turn into the whining thread?

Oh, when AB showed up again, lonely posting near midnight.

Arthur Brain

When did the Back Alley turn into the whining thread?

Oh, when AB showed up again, lonely posting near midnight.

You've got one strange definition of "whining" if you think my last two posts even resembled it. What is it with you and 'the time' as well? You think midnight is late? Not for me it isn't and do you generally post on here amid a crowd?

Go back to your "moby" garbage Musty. It "suits" you better.

glorydaz

Which is exactly the type of response I'd expect from someone who lacks reason and merely puts people into silly brackets as if a label defines a person, often times one that you'll throw at another if they don't hold the same views. I didn't see Vegas Cowboy as a "conservative" but rather a human being who I often disagreed with but could respect because those differences could be discussed in a rational and often a mutually humorous fashion. He wasn't overly zealous, was true to his beliefs and could argue intelligently without puerile insult, better than I I'll admit.

You on the other hand just throw about the term "liberal" with some silly soundbites.

Liberal does define a person.
A liberal will over react as you just did here.

You're ruled by your emotions, and consider yourself better than others.

I live in liberal land. I know whereof I speak.

glorydaz

You've got one strange definition of "whining" if you think my last two posts even resembled it. What is it with you and 'the time' as well? You think midnight is late? Not for me it isn't and do you generally post on here amid a crowd?

See here....Artie is having an emotional meltdown.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned

I love how the biggest turd stirrers on this site are on here projecting on everyone else. They're just a mob- they 'co-sign' everything the other says, repeat over themselves, and otherwise just trample over anyone who don't think the way they do.
If one could even consider that they 'think' :chuckle:

Arthur Brain

I "overreacted" by pointing out how pigeonholing people into boxes isn't constructive and lacks reason? How compartmentalizing people into labels is hardly conducive to honest debate or conversation? I was overboard in pointing out how I had rational conversations with Vegas Cowboy who didn't go in for that sort of thing but approached the topic with reason and good humour?

See here....Artie is having an emotional meltdown.

Um, sure GD, I'm on the verge of tears here...

:AMR:

musterion

I love how the biggest turd stirrers on this site are on here projecting on everyone else. They're just a mob- they 'co-sign' everything the other says, repeat over themselves, and otherwise just trample over anyone who don't think the way they do.
If one could even consider that they 'think' :chuckle:

:mock: crucible

glorydaz

Not my fault if you can't tell the difference between a liberal and a conservative.

Just so happens that I'm not afraid to say it.

I "overreacted" by pointing out how pigeonholing people into boxes isn't constructive and lacks reason? How compartmentalizing people into labels is hardly conducive to honest debate or conversation? I was overboard in pointing out how I had rational conversations with Vegas Cowboy who didn't go in for that sort of thing but approached the topic with reason and good humour?

Um, sure GD, I'm on the verge of tears here...

:AMR:

Yes, you did overreact. Read my post, and then look at your reaction to it.

You immediately got DEFENSIVE, emotional, overcome that I would dare to use the term liberal.

Accusing me of "pigeonholing people", not being constructive, and lacking reason...."compartmentalizing" people, and then comparing me to another poster. Yeah, you're a liberal and I can't figure out why you refuse to admit it.

Arthur Brain

Yes, you did overreact. Read my post, and then look at your reaction to it.

You immediately got DEFENSIVE, emotional, overcome that I would dare to use the term liberal.

Accusing me of "pigeonholing people", not being constructive, and lacking reason...."compartmentalizing" people, and then comparing me to another poster. Yeah, you're a liberal and I can't figure out why you refuse to admit it.

They were completely reasonable responses and your own reaction here underscores your susceptibility to emotion yourself. The use of "all caps" and a bizarre accusation of my being "overcome" when all I effectively did was point out how such labels damage any sort of genuine conversation. I even described how I've had constructive convos with a poster who you could hardly describe as "liberal" and yet adept at discussion and debate from a viewpoint contrary to my own for the most part and without any of this silly "labelling".

I'm accusing you of pigeonholing people because it's what you do, just like you've bizarrely accused me of having an emotional meltdown in response to a post of Musterions.

It doesn't seem possible to have a rational conversation with you because you seem too invested in categorising anyone who disagrees with you into some subjective little box. When called on it you seem equally invested in accusing that person of not admitting being in that same, subjective little box.

Vegas Cowboy was not only more interesting to talk to than you, he was also above that type of stuff.

glorydaz

They were completely reasonable responses and your own reaction here underscores your susceptibility to emotion yourself. The use of "all caps" and a bizarre accusation of my being "overcome" when all I effectively did was point out how such labels damage any sort of genuine conversation. I even described how I've had constructive convos with a poster who you could hardly describe as "liberal" and yet adept at discussion and debate from a viewpoint contrary to my own for the most part and without any of this silly "labelling".

I'm accusing you of pigeonholing people because it's what you do, just like you've bizarrely accused me of having an emotional meltdown in response to a post of Musterions.

It doesn't seem possible to have a rational conversation with you because you seem too invested in categorising anyone who disagrees with you into some subjective little box. When called on it you seem equally invested in accusing that person of not admitting being in that same, subjective little box.

Vegas Cowboy was not only more interesting to talk to than you, he was also above that type of stuff.

I'm a conservative and I'm not the least bit ashamed of it. Why are you so DEFENSIVE about being a liberal?

If I'm not "interesting" enough for you, why are you here running your mouth at me?

glorydaz

It's really a matter of discernment. :chew:

Don't wear a MAGA hat in a crowd of liberals.

Don't carry a pro-life sign in a crowd of liberals.

If you can't tell who the liberals are, you'll find yourself in a world of hurt.

Common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.