Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Then you're pretty stupid for continuing to make posts to me, aren't you? :rotfl:
You don't get why your response is funny, do you.

Yeah, well Town told Sherman he would never intentionally post here.
No, that's you getting creative again. I said it wasn't a place I'd ever intentionally frequented, which was true. And because of that I didn't know the rules weren't in play. Had I known I wouldn't have continued or reported Sod's behavior, which was also true.

Then I unsubscribed. A couple of days later I realized the Back Alley could be fun in small doses and here we are.

Or here's what I actually wrote:

"Actually, I was moved along with the thread into the "back alley" which isn't a place I've ever intentionally frequented, so I had no idea that whatever restrictions were set out didn't apply and I had no particular reason to go back to post 6 to find that out. If I had known I wouldn't have posted there again or reported any posts.

Now I do. Not a problem. As simple as unsubscribing."

Instead of Twin Cities, we have Twin Liars.
Funnier and funnier.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It gets funnier. Tam, who wasn't grudge carrying, just gave me a little red square for pointing out that she could have easily done something less indicative of the problem she said she didn't have. :chuckle:

Well, I'll have to give her another pos rep just for being herself.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... you revived the thread by copying a goofy post you'd set a long time before that.

yes, i did, and i did it the night before you posted

to those who bother to read the OP, you'll realize that the goofy post linked to a response knight gave the bananahead to a post of hers that reveals exactly what this thread is about - a callout thread to knight for failing to reign in the bad influences that are me and stripe (as well as unnamed others - probably nick - anna hated nick)

the dancing banana means that i find annabananahead's whining hilarious :)

glorydaz

no, i meant the report that resulted in Sherman removing me from the thread January 21st - he might have done it through back channels

I'm still looking, but I found this on the 20th...an infraction for AB.

User: Arthur Brain
Infraction: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:
Message to User:
I've asked ok doser to not bother you and Town. He has been doing to good job of not tangling with you. And here you go provoking him. This is disruptive posting.

Original Post:
Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
his foolish words speak for themselves, show him to be the childish fool we all know him to be
Ah, the prim and prissy incarnation of "doser" resurfaces. Reminds me of when you used to go on those bizarre flame outs, telling everyone to "Seek Christ", especially TH. Ironic, considering that you don't seem to think such would do any good in regards to salvation anyway...

You're one weird guy and then some. Hope you find peace some day.

Back to ignore.

So, it was apparently your banana dance that Town took as trolling. :think:

glorydaz

yes, i did, and i did it the night before you posted

to those who bother to read the OP, you'll realize that the goofy post linked to a response knight gave the bananahead to a post of hers that reveals exactly what this thread is about - a callout thread to knight for failing to reign in the bad influences that are me and stripe (as well as unnamed others - probably nick - anna hated nick)

the dancing banana means that i find annabananahead's whining hilarious :)

That must be a mortal sin in Heretic land. :shocked:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
yes, i did, and i did it the night before you posted to those who bother to read the OP, you'll realize that the goofy post...
It was a copy post. That's all I noticed about it before attempting to put the thread revival to a productive use.

linked to a response knight gave the bananahead to a post of hers that reveals exactly what this thread is about - a callout thread to knight for failing to reign in the bad influences that are me and stripe (as well as unnamed others - probably nick - anna hated nick)
I get what you're trying to do with that, but it won't translate. I don't agree with your reading, though I do agree with Knight's fundamental understanding/position that we are not the foundation of another's faith and cannot be the undoing of it.

He's obsessed with you Doser.
You couldn't spell honest if I spotted you six letters. :plain:

It was that or:

how about in six minutes?
and then again four minutes later? :darwinsm:

:darwinsm:
:)

ok doser

I'm still looking, but I found this on the 20th...an infraction for AB.

User: Arthur Brain
Infraction: Unnecessarily disruptive

Administrative Note:
Message to User:
I've asked ok doser to not bother you and Town. He has been doing to good job of not tangling with you. And here you go provoking him. This is disruptive posting.

Original Post:
Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
his foolish words speak for themselves, show him to be the childish fool we all know him to be
Ah, the prim and prissy incarnation of "doser" resurfaces. Reminds me of when you used to go on those bizarre flame outs, telling everyone to "Seek Christ", especially TH. Ironic, considering that you don't seem to think such would do any good in regards to salvation anyway...

You're one weird guy and then some. Hope you find peace some day.

Back to ignore.

So, it was apparently your banana dance that Town took as trolling. :think:

that got artie banned (which i didn't expect)

he must have gone whining to Sherman through back channels on the 20th to get me removed from the thread for ... i dunno ... he had found "brinking" useful in the past - wouldn't be surprised if he tried that again

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Okay, girls. Have fun. I have to do something more productive for a while.

Oh...right. Well, you two, productive is when you spend your time doing something that matters and has a positive outcome.

You're welcome. :e4e:

glorydaz

no, i meant the report that resulted in Sherman removing me from the thread January 21st - he might have done it through back channels

Yep, it had to be a private message, because this is the next report complaining about Stripe. Stripe had an excellent point, but the high minded Clown couldn't handle it. And he is a COWARD, just as Stripe said, else why kick him off the thread? What a whiny baby. :nono:

Town Heretic has reported a post.

Reason:
Just a bit of trolling insult, repeated after it is ignored (I'll be reporting that post in a moment) before a third bit of nothing after a second ignore within the thread.

I'd like his posts removed and him locked out of the thread. He's clearly interested only in continuing to advance his personal issues, as he did in the thread I moved my comments from to avoid that sort of thing.
Forum: . . . and The Rest
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Stripe
Original Content:
Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
I don't agree, Jerry.

There's not much use in saying that; you don't have a systematic basis from which to discuss the issue. You use emotive language to talk about a man's eternity, which means you can simply refuse to acknowledge the internal consistency of an objection raised against your "on the point."

For example, you speak of a man "losing his faith," which can look like it means they have given up their salvation, but then when called on it, you start talking about simple faithlessness — which is an entirely different thing.

Also, you're a coward.

ok doser

the funny thing is, knight's response to anna, to which i responded with the dancing banana?

/thread

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, girls. Have fun. I have to do something more productive for a while.

Oh...right. Well, you two, productive is when you spend your time doing something that matters and has a positive outcome.

You're welcome. :e4e:
You are clearly interested only in continuing to advance your personal issues.

ok doser

btw - i had a flock of buffleheads (diving ducks) out in front this afternoon - all of a sudden (and while i was watching) they took to the air - they're little darts - they go from waterborne to 80 mph in the air in two seconds. About five seconds after that, this big shadow comes over the ice - a big lazy bald eagle just floating on the wind - probably not interested in the ducks, but they scatter at the slightest

first bald eagle i've seen this winter :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.