Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

You were trolling. It's the only reason you were there. I wanted something different there so I put it in again and locked the thread. After I figured people had enough time to see it if they weren't subscribing I unlocked it.

In your egocentric dreams, little man. I was there because I saw Stripe post. He posted in response to Jerry's post. But, somehow, you imagine the entire world revolves around you. You must have been an only child. :think:

I don't exactly blame you for wanting to post in my threads. I mean, I can understand how you'd want more than a handful of people to read you and I've seen what happens for the most part when you try to generate that on your own.

"MY THREADS"....hear the little man boast because he starts a few threads. Meshak did that exact same thing. She thought she could control who posted in HER THREADS. I post in the Religion forum, and I'm not surprised you never post over there. You're about as divorced from faith as any egotist can get.

Once again, I don't come to YOUR THREADS to hear what YOU have to say, but there are other people on this forum who are worthy of reading. Your threads usually die on the vine unless you keep posting the same tired crap.....little poems about how to love God and not be angry and not have contempt.....you little hypocrite you. Here you are running your mouth in OUR THREAD. Yep, it's ours now. :banana:

It's something my handful of hostile stalkers have in common...other than a pronounced insecurity.

YET here you are trying to bolster your ego. Talk about insecurity. :chuckle:

Stripe "takes to" overblowing things.

Hey, we're in the Back Alley, you can speak like a real man and accuse him of LYING.

Course we all know that's all in your mind.

Here come the excuses and sidesteps....Let the "splaining" begin. :chuckle:

I cut off the link/notice section for two of his posts in September. Only one was intentional. The point I was making dealt with one of you (I think it was glory) claiming you were present in the thread because of notice. So I cut one for you and one for glory earlier (in May) to clarify an opposing point, if I ever needed to raise it. A test of that hypothesis. As I suspected, both of you were following my posts and were there with or without a link. After that I tried a different test, leaving you out of conversations for the most part and the Gazette entirely.

LIAR. Your hypothesis was caused by your paranoia. You are not the center of anyone's universe but your own.

The results were equally unsurprising and a little funny.

I'm not sure why Stripe got two in last September unless I forgot about the first one or I just screwed up copying. I did that with CatholicCrusader. He had one unlinked in a post where he had another post linked, so that happened once in a blue moon.

I did that to glory back in May of last year. And that's it for 2018. I've looked back to December of 2017.

YADA YADA.....the truth, of course, is that I saw you'd quoted me so I kept an eye on your gossip column for awhile until I was bored out of my mind.

Poor little fella. Your life is full of excuses. All you really need is a smack upside the head everytime you pull this crap, and then you might have a chance of growing up. Since that can't happen or won't happen, the world will have to suffer your presence.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
and that's a really weird response to give

you tend to do that when you're cornered and get flustered
I don't read you enough to know what your tendencies are, but I have noticed that in our conversations when you lack a reasoned leg to stand on you tend to project a feeling onto me instead. It's a version of stitching and waving that checkered flag of yours.

So that and the unnamed other are go-to moves in that limited sense. How you are in your larger limited sense I couldn't say.

another thing you tend to do when you're flustered, forget to proofread
No, the only time I really proofread is when I'm putting a Gazette together.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
he thought we were still up above...not moved to the Back Alley. He was just "swept along" down here....would never have posted here had he known.
That's what he said, but not what he did.

Town Heretic said:
Actually, I was moved along with the thread into the "back alley" which isn't a place I've ever intentionally frequented, so I had no idea that whatever restrictions were set out didn't apply and I had no particular reason to go back to post 6 to find that out. If I had known I wouldn't have posted there again or reported any posts.

Now I do. Not a problem. As simple as unsubscribing.
He knows it now and he still kept posting in this thread.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In your egocentric dreams, little man.
Whenever anyone speaks over and over to an invented point you can largely bet it's an issue for them in another and more personal way. So with you that goes to insecurity about your height or size, looks, sexual orientation, and intelligence. Those are the things you constantly come back to.

I was there because I saw Stripe post.
You can't see Stripe post unless you're there. Or maybe you mean you saw Stripe post and so you went there, but that doesn't really hold water either if anyone wants to go back and actually look through the thread to check the point. In any event, a little later in this you're going to invent another and different excuse for reading me and hanging around my thread. Wait, I'll just lift it and move it here:

YADA YADA.....the truth, of course, is that I saw you'd quoted me so I kept an eye on your gossip column for awhile until I was bored out of my mind.
:rolleyes: Supra.

He posted in response to Jerry's post. But, somehow, you imagine the entire world revolves around you.
I don't think of you, sod, or Stripe as "the world" but you guys do seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about, thinking about, and following me about. :eek:

You must have been an only child.
Man, you'd think at some point you'd get at least one dart to stick. :nono:

"MY THREADS"....hear the little man boast because he starts a few threads.
Wait...:chuckle:...you think noting a thread you start in an internet chat room is a boast? That's either very sad, or very funny.

I post in the Religion forum, and I'm not surprised you never post over there. You're about as divorced from faith as any egotist can get.
When it comes to religion I've posted a bit over the years, largely in response to anti-theists trotting out the usual contempt for God in general and Christianity in particular. Outside of that I've mostly read posts by people who know a lot more than I do on the topic, have more considered opinions and can back their understandings with reason and citation. It's been a real help for me.

Once again, I don't come to YOUR THREADS to hear what YOU have to say
I've never once believed you went to any thread to listen.

Your threads usually die on the vine unless you keep posting the same tired crap.
Actually, my threads tend to draw eyes and always have. Even in the site's current, diminished state. Verifying that's as easy as clicking on my username and looking at the threads...like...SportsTalk, which hasn't been around very long. It has 65 posts and 1,606 views. A Momentary Life has 349 posts and 24,249 views. Quixote's has 3,213 posts and 217,728 views.

Like that.

....little poems about how to love God and not be angry and not have contempt
It wasn't a poem. I appreciate that you found it poetic, but I'd rather you find the point of it instead.

Fill your mind with cynicism and you leave no room for faith. Fill your heart with anger and you leave no room for hope. Fill your soul with with judgement and you leave no room for love. Fill your day with each of these and you leave no room for God.

Here you are running your mouth in OUR THREAD. Yep, it's ours now.
That's...crazy enough. What are you thread pirates? The thread pirate Roberts? :eek:

YET here you are trying to bolster your ego.
In what way?

Talk about insecurity.
It does seem to be a topic of interest for you.

Hey, we're in the Back Alley, you can speak like a real man and accuse him of LYING.
So that's your idea of what a real man would do...explains a few more things.

LIAR. Your hypothesis was caused by your paranoia.
You don't seem to realize it, but you aren't actually supporting your declaration with anything. No, what I wrote is verifiably true in every detail. If anyone really doubts me on the point. All it takes is an interest and a semblance of faith in your ability to fashion a rational point...so it's probably dead on the vine.

You are not the center of anyone's universe but your own.
That's your goal post. What I've noticed is how much time you guys spend tailing me, talking, and thinking about me (assuming for charity's sake that your tailing and talking involves thinking). That's also a matter of public record.

Your life is full of excuses.
That's not how you spell riches. But it is how you illustrate envy.

All you really need is a smack upside the head everytime you pull this crap, and then you might have a chance of growing up.
If that's how you were taught discipline you must have been an extraordinarily willful kid. I mean, it would explain a few things more.

Since that can't happen or won't happen, the world will have to suffer your presence.
Speaking for the world now...and I have the ego issue? :eek:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That's what he said, but not what he did.
Actually, it's exactly what I did.

Like just about any of us at one time or another, I changed my mind. Why the heck shouldn't I enjoy the freedom to respond without worrying that someone will see a responsive bit as the equal and same kind of thing as the inciting bit?

He knows it now and he still kept posting in this thread.
Who could post without knowing they're doing it? Oh...sorry, I forgot who you were talking to. Point taken.

usually it takes the form of "wave that checkered flag at yourself", which makes sense
but he's flustered and isn't proofreading :chuckle:
There wasn't a proofreading error in there. You got the reference, as intended. Not everything is aimed at popular consumption. And by popular I mean where a lot of people enjoy a thing you write. Seriously, that happens with some of us.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
... a lot of people enjoy a thing you write. Seriously, that happens with some of us.

your ego would be crushed if you had to admit it wasn't true

seriously - we've all seen you flame out in the past when your work wasn't valued as much as you thought it deserved to be :chuckle:

ok doser

Whenever anyone speaks over and over to an invented point you can largely bet it's an issue for them in another and more personal way. So with you that goes to insecurity about your height or size, looks, sexual orientation, and intelligence. Those are the things you constantly come back to.

iow, a fag's way of saying "i'm rubber, you're glue"

You can't see Stripe post unless you're there.

unless you refresh the Active Threads board :duh:

Actually, my threads tend to draw eyes and always have.

you misspelled "flies"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
your ego would be crushed if you had to admit it wasn't true
And there it is again, the ego thing. I think your life must be a mess.

Whenever you can't get purchase within an argument you do this in our conversation. Turn everything into a subjective valuation fest.

seriously - we've all seen you flame out in the past when your work wasn't valued as much as you thought it deserved to be
You are to honest summation what the Stevie Wonder is to professional golf.

If anyone happens by who hasn't been around for a while, a few years back I had a thread called Observations Great and Small, since revived elsewhere, with around 3k posts and around a quarter million views. It had a lot of excellent and funny posts, a great deal of it by others, many of those long departed for one reason or another. A mod deleted the thread without my having a chance to back any of it up or argue for it's inclusion in a protected class. Now to be fair I'd closed it and had moved on to another one, so it wasn't active, but I was really disappointed in the management for not protecting it given how much history it carried.

I also hated seeing Chrys Catholic thread pruned and felt about as strongly. It had a rich history weaved through it. But that's life for you. At that point I decided to back up anything worth keeping and I got a remaining thread I'd worked on interviewing a number of our members protected against that sort of action. Unfortunately, the golden age of this place had passed. We lost so many funny, inciteful, and interesting posters that the content just wasn't enough to even keep the Gazette going.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
right, like i said

you forgot the part where you flamed out and went off to sulk for a month
If anyone happens by who hasn't been around for a while, a few years back I had a thread called Observations Great and Small, since revived elsewhere, with around 3k posts and around a quarter million views. It had a lot of excellent and funny posts, a great deal of it by others, many of those long departed for one reason or another. A mod deleted the thread without my having a chance to back any of it up or argue for it's inclusion in a protected class. Now to be fair I'd closed it and had moved on to another one, so it wasn't active, but I was really disappointed in the management for not protecting it given how much history it carried.

I also hated seeing Chrys Catholic thread pruned and felt about as strongly. It had a rich history weaved through it. But that's life for you. At that point I decided to back up anything worth keeping and I got a remaining thread I'd worked on interviewing a number of our members protected against that sort of action. Unfortunately, the golden age of this place had passed. We lost so many funny, inciteful, and interesting posters that the content just wasn't enough to even keep the Gazette going.

that was hilarious!
Well, sure it was to you...you're a really bad guy.

The last gasp of Sod is always trying to bury posts where he doesn't come out well.

ok doser

I wonder if anyone believes that.
I wonder if you believe that.

i believe that he believes that he can make you believe what he believes if he believes it often enough

further, i believe that he believes that if he can't make you believe what he believes he can make others believe what he believes if he believes it often enough

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wonder if anyone believes that.
Anyone who bothered to check the time stamps would.

Here's how easy it is. The post Tam quoted me with but didn't like is from a comment I made responding in the Woodshed.

The timestamp on it? January 28th, 2019, 10:48 PM
10:48 PM
Now, go back to this thread and run a search of my posts. The last one on January 28th was prior to the post noted above, where I wrote about not knowing the rules of the thread we'd been moved to (the Back Alley) and of my intent to unsubscribe, which I did, Tam's attempt to doubt it without looking into it notwithstanding.

My last post of the 28th, at post 781, has this time stamp: January 28th, 2019, 10:26 PM

Or twenty-two minutes after my last post of the 28th I wrote the thing Tam posted from the Woodshed.

My next post in this thread? January 30th. Here's the timestamp from the next post: Today, 3:47 PMTPM

At post 816.

So, I decided to leave the thread, responded to clarify my reporting of conduct I didn't understand to be under a waiver because it was in this thread and then left it at that. Until I changed my mind a couple of days later.

Anyone could understand that, either by taking my word for it, or by easily checking out the posts, but that person would have to approach it objectively.

I wonder if you believe that.
I believe you go out of your way to get in your own way, Tam.

i can understand why you'd want to forget that - it was petty behavior on your part that an adult should be ashamed of
At least you can spell shame...but what you can't do is honestly represent what happened. That's because you're a very bad guy, sod.

glorydaz

Spoiler

You can't see Stripe post unless you're there. Or maybe you mean you saw Stripe post and so you went there, but that doesn't really hold water either if anyone wants to go back and actually look through the thread to check the point. In any event, a little later in this you're going to invent another and different excuse for reading me and hanging around my thread. Wait, I'll just lift it and move it here:

:rolleyes: Supra.

I don't think of you, sod, or Stripe as "the world" but you guys do seem to spend an awful lot of time talking about, thinking about, and following me about. :eek:

Man, you'd think at some point you'd get at least one dart to stick. :nono:

Wait...:chuckle:...you think noting a thread you start in an internet chat room is a boast? That's either very sad, or very funny.

When it comes to religion I've posted a bit over the years, largely in response to anti-theists trotting out the usual contempt for God in general and Christianity in particular. Outside of that I've mostly read posts by people who know a lot more than I do on the topic, have more considered opinions and can back their understandings with reason and citation. It's been a real help for me.

I've never once believed you went to any thread to listen.

Actually, my threads tend to draw eyes and always have. Even in the site's current, diminished state. Verifying that's as easy as clicking on my username and looking at the threads...like...SportsTalk, which hasn't been around very long. It has 65 posts and 1,606 views. A Momentary Life has 349 posts and 24,249 views. Quixote's has 3,213 posts and 217,728 views.

Like that.

It wasn't a poem. I appreciate that you found it poetic, but I'd rather you find the point of it instead.

Fill your mind with cynicism and you leave no room for faith. Fill your heart with anger and you leave no room for hope. Fill your soul with with judgement and you leave no room for love. Fill your day with each of these and you leave no room for God.

That's...crazy enough. What are you thread pirates? The thread pirate Roberts? :eek:

In what way?

It does seem to be a topic of interest for you.

So that's your idea of what a real man would do...explains a few more things.

You don't seem to realize it, but you aren't actually supporting your declaration with anything. No, what I wrote is verifiably true in every detail. If anyone really doubts me on the point. All it takes is an interest and a semblance of faith in your ability to fashion a rational point...so it's probably dead on the vine.

That's your goal post. What I've noticed is how much time you guys spend tailing me, talking, and thinking about me (assuming for charity's sake that your tailing and talking involves thinking). That's also a matter of public record.

That's not how you spell riches. But it is how you illustrate envy.

If that's how you were taught discipline you must have been an extraordinarily willful kid. I mean, it would explain a few things more.

Speaking for the world now...and I have the ego issue? :eek:

This one thinks we're listening. :popcorn:

Why are you down here with us subhumans? You're above us, remember?

You aren't welcome here. :wave:

Town is in heaven because we can't post in his threads, but he can come down here and run his mouth. Some one needs to fix that glaring disparity. :think:

HYPOCRITE of the Year = Town, the clown, Heretic

Status
Not open for further replies.