Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

Rather, you abuse a paraphrase of scripture to illustrate your irritation at my rebuttal, the way too many people abuse scripture to advance personal spite.

Let me be clearer. The joke (which only works if I'm the butt of it) is that glory's largely emotional attempts are effectively a middle finger aimed in the direction of someone (me) she can't objectively equate with people she prefers.

And nothing in that is a rules violation either.

Let's give it full force. It fits you perfectly, hypocrite.

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Let's give it full force. It fits you perfectly, hypocrite.
Another emotional charge without any substance. That's bad enough, but then...

Matthew 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
You're only underscoring my point. You're so personally caught up in animus that you'd take the sacred and use it to advance the petty.

And shame on JR for encouraging it. Sadly, that's not surprising either.

Name calling coupled with the Holy...you don't need my help to dig that hole and as little as I think of you, I don't want to be the reason for your continuing to go in that direction. So given my noting it didn't dissuade you...

:e4e:

Arthur Brain

Get over Anna and go to bed. It's only 7:30pm where I am.

I don't need to get over anyone, Anna and I are good friends. Oh, and I'll decide when I go to bed thanks.

Look, I've lost count of the number of bans I've had over the years on here, a fair few were "earned", I knew I was pushing the envelope on occasions and I'm well aware of the self proclaimed bias on here. What I've never done is blame or whine on about whoever's reported me to admin. I don't agree with all the infractions I've received but I take the bans and get on with it.

The only person who got Stripe banned was Stripe, nobody else. He was spamming up threads, probably thought he was impervious to infraction and now knows better. Chances are it'll be a long time when or if he gets another one although I'm sure he'll voice his own two nickels worth when he's back.

Arthur Brain

Nothing in what I posted in any complaint could rationally be described as a tantrum. In fact, I held off for a few posts before reporting one and only reported the other when it followed me into my own thread without provocation.

Then I gave it to people who are responsible for making those calls. Didn't want to, I mostly don't report things these days, but enough was enough.

Right, because when other people break the rules and act like obsessed teenagers it's clearly my fault. :chuckle: You should be a speechwriter for either political extreme. Democrat or republican, they'd love the way you think.

I know AB already posted these together, but he forgot to point out what makes them very funny when you stop and consider them.

I'm not going to point it out either, but for those with eyes, enjoy.

Yeah, I must have been tired to miss the obvious there...

:chuckle:

Arthur Brain

Right, because you keep your snide self and your horrible ego under wraps....just enough.

Much like a pharisee....whited sepulchre filled with dead men's bones.

Don't think for one minute we can't see through your white wash....Heretic.

I'm surprised you can see at all through that blinding haze of double standards. You blame TH for Stripe being banned and then have a go at him for never being banned himself?

Arthur Brain

After being primed by Town, Sherman may have misunderstood what Stripe said. She's a great Mod, but she isn't perfect. And Town had already laid into Stripe like he was the devil himself.

I have NEVER EVER seen any evidence of Stripe being disrespectful of the Mods. Heck, I thought he was a mod, himself. He has NO priors, but Town certainly paved the way on this one.

Actually, he does have one prior, from years back and what he said would have gotten him a long to perma ban on many a forum and he'll know exactly what I'm referring to.

glorydaz

Another emotional charge without any substance. That's bad enough, but then...

You're only underscoring my point. You're so personally caught up in animus that you'd take the sacred and use it to advance the petty.

And shame on JR for encouraging it. Sadly, that's not surprising either.

Name calling coupled with the Holy...you don't need my help to dig that hole and as little as I think of you, I don't want to be the reason for your continuing to go in that direction. So given my noting it didn't dissuade you...

:e4e:

Come on, Tiny Dancer, put on your platform shoes and go on the road with this nonsense. Maybe someone will pay to see it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Come on, Tiny Dancer, put on your platform shoes and go on the road with this nonsense. Maybe someone will pay to see it.
Oh, now you've gone from scripture to your own charge, using gay innuendo.

I think this is what you should call your bottom. on the plus side, there's nowhere but up from here. :thumb:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't need to get over anyone, Anna and I are good friends. Oh, and I'll decide when I go to bed thanks.

surely you realize how silly you look when you end many consecutive posts with a sign-off? :chuckle:

What I've never done is blame ... whoever's reported me to admin.

in all but the most egregious cases, infractions would not be given if they weren't reported

and some posters here have been caught lobbying the mods and admins through back channels

Arthur Brain

Ah, we can't talk about your friend, Anna, but you can talk about my friend, Stripe.

Typical liberal. :nono:

Plenty of you have talked about Anna so that was a dumb thing to say. I didn't even go into details about what led to Stripe's first ban so once again, get a grip.

:hammer:

Arthur Brain

surely you realize how silly you look when you end many consecutive posts with a sign-off? :chuckle:

in all but the most egregious cases, infractions would not be given if they weren't reported

and some posters here have been caught lobbying the mods and admins through back channels

Dude, I'm well aware that you've reported me often enough and have I whinged about it?

Nope. AFAIC you're unhinged and your track record of stalking bears that out.

Arthur Brain

including anna in the op

you can't be posting more on topic than by talking about anna in this thread :doh:

Talking and trolling. Two words that start and end the same but with significant differences.

I would say do the math but you'd only be interested in the minus factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.