Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
talking to yourself again?
Aww, that's nearly cute. Sod is trying to parrot a bit of fun I had when he referred to himself in the third-person. Doesn't work, because everyone writes a post here understanding that others are reading it and often with those others more in mind than not.

well, at least you've finally found an audience that thinks you're worth reading :chuckle:
Said the fellow who appears to read every post I make. :plain: Seriously, sometimes all you have to do is show up and hand him a rope.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
For anyone struggling with faith, God grant the end of your travails find you still among us and with a greater wisdom to share, inspire and uplift the Body.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Aww, that's nearly cute. Sod is trying to parrot a bit of fun I had when he referred to himself in the third-person. Doesn't work, because everyone writes a post here understanding that others are reading it and often with those others more in mind than not.

Said the fellow who appears to read every post I make. :plain: Seriously, sometimes all you have to do is show up and hand him a rope.

you win!

now do us all a favor and shut up you tiresome self-impressed bore

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You think I think of a conversation with you as a contest of some sort? :think:

Darn it if you didn't just top off the ol endearing tank. :D

now do us all a favor and shut up you tiresome self-impressed bore
So...a problem with my talking to others, but comfortable speaking for them...well....that's something. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
no

i think you respond automatically, without thinking, just as anna pegged you recently

i don't know if it's due to a personality flaw or if it's an actual diagnosable disorder that you can't control

don't really care either way :idunno:
If you cared any less you'd have an aneurysm. Now back to work on a thesis. You have fun doing whatever this is. :e4e:

ok doser

meanwhile, for anybody interested in the op:

Christ will gather in those of His flock, regardless of how butthurt they might claim to be from interactions on the internet

ok doser

Then what's the point of being a Christian witness to anyone? Really, what's the point of being the lamp on the stand?

it strikes me that anna has been expecting the lamps here to be well trimmed, freshly cleaned chimneys, polished, turned down to a nice, even mellow glow
images

and while there are indeed plenty of those here (or have been), she prefers to point at the flickering, guttering lamps, the lamps with smoky chimneys, poorly trimmed wicks, watery oil, or the lamps that are blinding in their intensity, or the lamps that are strobes, or the lamps that for whatever reason are under a bushel, or the lamps that are constantly going out - she prefers to point at those imperfect lamps and blame them for not leading her to the destination she thinks she deserves

tell ya what anna - go out in the real world and light your own lamp

ok doser

ran across this and saw something i'd missed before:
Is it heavy lifting to be concerned for the souls of people who encounter a damaging witness to Christianity on your forum?

"a damaging witness to Christianity"

vs

a witness for Christ

i hope anna finds Christ

musterion

IIRC, Anna is ex Catholic and had expressed major problems with that church. Yet she was still somewhat defensive of it, to the point of sometimes getting hostile about it being examined. So I never knew how much of her story to believe and in fact got to where I didn't believe anything she said.

ok doser

she was really something back in 08 when she defended bush and attacked bammy

seems like a lifetime ago

and you should have seen her mix it up with barbie :chuckle:

funny - i don't remember her mixing it up in the religious threads

ok doser

did they moby back in 2009?

that reminds me - i was browsing these this morning - late fifties Mobylette - French built, very popular in the colonial possessions - you often see them in Vietnam war movies

someday it will be mine

oh yes

3032009018_1_9_J1qnmH4L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.