Conversation with Knight about losing faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well done, nothing. sod can't stand zoo, and can't stand me, and anything he can do to suck up to you, he will. You're his bread and butter.

I'm very familiar with the thread. Read zoo's OP. He said his decision had a lot to do with TOL, although he took full responsibility for his decision.

You're totally missing the point, because of sod's deflection.

TOL HAD AN IMPACT on zoo's decision.

well, let's take a look at what he said later on the thread:

I was wrong to infer that my decision really had to do with anyone else but myself. I mean, we try to understand, try to interpret the things around us, things, discussions, interactions, people effect us, influence us, we influence one another. My conversations, interactions, observations, whatnot at TOL effect me. But ultimately this is my own, and I don't mean to say otherwise.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Well done, nothing. sod can't stand zoo, and can't stand me, and anything he can do to suck up to you, he will. You're his bread and butter.

I'm very familiar with the thread. Read zoo's OP. He said his decision had a lot to do with TOL, although he took full responsibility for his decision.

You're totally missing the point, because of sod's deflection.

TOL HAD AN IMPACT on zoo's decision.

Ephesians 4:14 KJV - James 1:6 KJV -

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
well, let's take a look at what he said later on the thread:

What do you care about zoo? Nothing. Not a thing. You're a disgraceful witness, don't pretend otherwise.

Yours is the worst Christian witness I've seen on this site, and you're coddled and protected by Knight.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Meaning I was never really a Christian, when I was a Catholic? What a novel idea, I've never heard that one before. :chuckle: I've been damned to hell many times because I wasn't the right kind of Christian.

Why does "Catholic" automatically assume Christian? Or "Protestant" for that matter. It is the details that matter.

What, then, is "other" meaning to you?

Why then the thread in question? Have you not lamented you have lost your faith? What I am I missing?

If you will be more forthright about exactly what you believe perhaps something fruitful will come from the discussion.

AMR

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Why does "Catholic" automatically assume Christian? Or "Protestant" for that matter. It is the details that matter.

What, then, is "other" meaning to you?

Why then the thread in question? Have you not lamented you have lost your faith? What I am I missing?

If you will be more forthright about exactly what you believe perhaps something fruitful will come from the discussion.

AMR

With all due respect to you, my belief (or lack of) wasn't meant to be the purpose of this thread, AMR.

ok doser

What do you care about zoo? Nothing. Not a thing.

i'd like to see him turn from the foolish path he's chosen, but as he is?

I have nothing but scorn for someone who's turned their back on the faith

You're a disgraceful witness, don't pretend otherwise.

that's just your silly emotions talking

Yours is the worst Christian witness I've seen on this site, and you're coddled and protected by Knight.

that's it anna, let it all out :baby:

ok doser

You're a psychopath.

latest

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Yeah, well, there it is. 40-plus posts in this thread, and that's his best offering.

What a "Christian" witness.

ok doser

Yeah, well, there it is. 40-plus posts in this thread, and that's his best offering.

no, my best offering was and always has been - quit whining and take responsibility for your own actions and beliefs

oh yeah - and stop being such a drama queen

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

So the unstated purpose of the thread is to hold others up to ridicule for not meeting your standards? :idunno:

What exactly motivated the thread other than to call out another?

AMR

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So the unstated purpose of the thread is to hold others up to ridicule for not meeting your standards? :idunno:

AMR

I've got 15 minutes before I have to leave for an appt.

No, you're wrong again. First you inserted (for me) "Knight" into your quote of my OP, totally changing the intent of my sentence, so I had to correct that.

Now, you've stated (for me) my "unstated purpose." That's convenient for you, isn't it? But again, you're incorrect.

If you'd like to address the OP, feel free to do so. That's my motivation.

PureX

AMR
When someone is raised to believe that the heart of Christianity is love and forgiveness, kindness and generosity, or thereabouts, and then they come here to find that the most religious Christian zealots here are in fact a sickening and grotesque core of egocentric, self-righteous, idolatrous, authoritarians, who puff themselves up at the expense of anyone who dares to deny their pretense of divine authority. It's quite disconcerting, I'm sure. And it would be only natural for such a person to react by asking what the heck is going on here!?!?

Which is what I think this thread is really doing.

I am not personally in that position, as I have long ago faced the ugly reality of religious Christian behavior, and made a kind of general peace with it (though I will likely never join any organized Christian religious group, as long as I live).

You can try to apologize for it if you want, I don't care, because I know better. But your childish attempt at 'turning the table' on anna wasn't going to sail by me without comment.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
After reading this thread, I just don't get all the hoopla. You'd think some people were made to have to stay here, being bound by chains and locked behind the doors. If you don't like it.... buh bye now. :wave:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.