Constitution of America by Enyart is right or wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Says who? Our imposition of democracy in Iraq today stems from the belief that monarchy's are inherently immoral and that democracy is the only moral form of government.

Is how a father chooses to structure his authority over his family a moral choice? Is how a business owner chooses to structure his authority over his employees a moral choice? Is how a pastor chooses to structure his authority over his congregation a moral choice? Then explain how a government chooses to structure their authority over their populace is not a moral choice.

God only mentioned kings in the Bible. He didn't suggest any other forms of government because He didn't want to tempt us with any bad ideas. The only other form of government He mentioned was anarchy and that was because it was already a part of human history. And He condemned it.

What verse of scripture gives man the authority to tell God what a moral system of governance should look like?

The Deut. passage is not prophetic as the rest of the passage proves:

"But he shall not multiply horses for himself, nor cause the people to return to Egypt to multiply horses, for the LORD has said to you, 'You shall not return that way again.' Neither shall he multiply wives for himself, lest his heart turn away; nor shall he greatly multiply silver and gold for himself. Also it shall be, when he sits on the throne of his kingdom, that he shall write for himself a copy of this law in a book, from the one before the priests, the Levites. And it shall be with him, and he shall read it all the days of his life, that he may learn to fear the LORD his God and be careful to observe all the words of this law and these statutes, that his heart may not be lifted above his brethren, that he may not turn aside from the commandment to the right hand or to the left, and that he may prolong his days in his kingdom, he and his children in the midst of Israel." (Deut. 17:16-20)

Every single one of the above so-called "prophesies" were "unfulfilled" by most of Israel's kings. So it's not a prophetic passage, is it? These were commands that most of Israel's kings sinned against in varying degrees.

That's because, "The Gentiles who were not given the law still have the work of the law written on their hearts" (Romans 2:12-16).

God was detested by the fact that the king made them slaves, not that there was a king.

A king has the authority to do whatever he wants. He can even abdicate and create a democracy if he wants. Yet Israel's most righteous king, king Josiah, never did that, yet the bible still calls him righteous. Why?

And if democracy is such a wise system of rule, then why did king Solomon, perhaps the wisest ruler to have ever lived, not impose democracy?

My view is that God was mad at Israel, not for demanding a king, but rather for demanding a king on their own time table instead of waiting on God's timing which was supposed to be 1000 years before King Jesus inherited the throne. To prove this, let me ask you a question:

Israel demanded a king and God gave them Saul in about 1,050 BC., just 1 generation shy of 1,000 years before Christ came. Coincidence?

King Saul, from the tribe of Benjamin, was "born out of due time" just like the apostle Saul (Paul) (also from the tribe of Benjamin) was also "born out of due time." Coincidence?

drbrumley?

Daniel H.

Interesting Read

Interesting Read

Where else can you find this type of great information. Thank you for the debate. I have been struggling with being able to defend the constitutional monarchy idea to myself but after reading through your debate I am reinvigorated that it does make a lot of sense. I think this debate could have gone on further. Anyone have any suggestions of some other threads to read on this topic. Bravo to Clete, and the other proponents for constitutional monarchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.