ECT Comments from an ex-charismatic preacher

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Have you ever read Ignatias? he was the leading "father at the turn of the first century, less than 50 years after Paul....but his gospel is unrecognisable

musterion

I'll tell you one thing, the "movement" is a gigantic money making machine.

Early Mormons spoke in "tongues" (gibberish). There's still a small subset of devout Mormons who the LDS won't admit to for some reason, who still claim "the gift." Their "tongues" sound exactly like those of any pentecostal or charismatics.

The question this should raise is obvious.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Benny Hinn told the people at one of his "Concerts" that a man had been raised from the dead. Later he said: "well, I heard he was, I didn't see it myself." What a fraud.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You've had that question answered by cessationists many times in the past. I have no patience for your disingenuousness.

Are you one of these "the perfect has come" merchants?

How come there was a thousand years of profound darkness of Catholicism if the perfect had come?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Early Mormons spoke in "tongues" (gibberish). There's still a small subset of devout Mormons who the LDS. Their "tongues" sound exactly like those of any pentecostal or charismatics.

The question this should raise is obvious.

So Paul we should talk gibberish...is this your argument?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The phony Charismatic preachers can hardly be compared to the Apostle Paul. Some of your guys claim that God speaks to them and they've visited Heaven. Do you believe that?

musterion

There are/was so many phony Preachers out there back in the early 90s until now.

They've always been around. There just seemed to be more of them recently because Oral Roberts and others copied Billy Graham's use of TV. That's what really kicked it off. Then Paul Crouch started TBN back in the very early '70s, I think it was, and the guy who went to jail had his own big show. Charismania did become a money machine so it took off from there. The trap they set for themselves is that unsaved people get bored with the same old "signs and wonders" and ear-tickling doctrine year after year. Sooner or later they had to up their game to keep suckers interested...filling coliseums with music shows, Holy Ghost bartending, barking like dogs, magical gold dust falling from thin air, kicking women in the stomach, etc. The next move will probably be ecumenical in a big way (it's already started, in fact).

It's been demonic from Asuza Street and even before then.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They've always been around. There just seemed to be more of them recently because Oral Roberts and others copied Billy Graham's use of TV. That's what really kicked it off. Then Paul Crouch started TBN back in the very early '70s, I think it was, and the guy who went to jail had his own big show. Charismania did become a money machine so it took off from there. The trap they set for themselves is that unsaved people get bored with the same old "signs and wonders" and ear-tickling doctrine year after year. Sooner or later they had to up their game to keep suckers interested...filling coliseums with music shows, Holy Ghost bartending, barking like dogs, magical gold dust falling from thin air, kicking women in the stomach, etc. The next move will probably be ecumenical in a big way (it's already started, in fact).

It's been demonic from Asuza Street and even before then.

You're correct.

musterion

BTW, every question TL is asking has been answered many times over. They're dodges designed to avoid the root issue here, which she won't touch.