ECT Come BOLDLY to the throne of grace

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
God loves you, He paid a high price for you.

He wants fellowship with you. He doesn't want you be afraid of Him, all He asks is that you don't hide from Him like Adam did, don't cover up your nakedness.

You can hardly turn a page in the gospels where Jesus doesn't somewhere say "Fear not" and Jesus is the truest revelation of the Father this side of eternity.

popsthebuilder

God is all powerful and knowing, and just. The fear of God is a consiquence for unholy life. To not fear would most likely lead to not following. The only way to be without fear of GOD, with utmost respect, is to follow his guidance wholly without waver or being lead astray by the wants of the flesh(greed).
I still wouldn't advise not fearing God as he is all powful and responsable for everything.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ is who God is....

Jesus Christ is who God is in a man.

The Father is God and changes not from what He is in the OT.

There is one here on this board who never speaks to Jesus or Jesus to him, but he speaks only to the Father, he says.

What do you think of that?

It would make no difference if both the Father and the Son were exactly the same in everything, now would it.

LA

Bradley D

"By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith" (Hebrews 11:7).

I see a "holy fear" of God as reverence and respect for God.

OCTOBER23

Totten said,

JESUS is God who Loves us.
--------------------------------
But JESUS said, my Father will love you if you keep my words

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:

and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, God the FATHER is who the New Testament calls GOD.

TOTTEN WE LUVS YA BUT YU GOT SOME WEIRD CONCEPTS

AND YOU ARE BECOMING ALOT LIKE ME.:rotfl:

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith" (Hebrews 11:7).

I see a "holy fear" of God as reverence and respect for God.

Yes reverential fear...not the craven fear which some aim at...that fear should be cast out by perfect love.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Totten said,

JESUS is God who Loves us.
--------------------------------
But JESUS said, my Father will love you if you keep my words

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:

and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love;

even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, God the FATHER is who the New Testament calls GOD.

TOTTEN WE LUVS YA BUT YU GOT SOME WEIRD CONCEPTS

AND YOU ARE BECOMING ALOT LIKE ME.:rotfl:

We BELIEVE those sayings....but salvation is by grace through faith not our own.

FIRST we get saved THEN we attend to those things that pertain to salvation, until we's saved we can't even get onto those things.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Jesus Christ is who God is in a man.

The Father is God and changes not from what He is in the OT.

There is one here on this board who never speaks to Jesus or Jesus to him, but he speaks only to the Father, he says.

What do you think of that?

It would make no difference if both the Father and the Son were exactly the same in everything, now would it.

LA
God the Father has ordained that we come to Him through His Son.

The Father is not man so He cannot be an intermediary, if Jesus Christ were only a man He could not be an intermediary.

Only as God AND man can Christ mediate twixt God and man.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God the Father has ordained that we come to Him through His Son.

The Father is not man so He cannot be an intermediary, if Jesus Christ were only a man He could not be an intermediary.

Only as God AND man can Christ mediate twixt God and man.

No.

Jesus Christ had to be and is a 100%righteous man.

Nothing is said of Jesus Christ having to be God to make the atonement. Only that He overcame and rose to the place of God over the new creation.

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

What you are saying is that Jesus could not be righteous unless He be God.

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
LA

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, it is humility and admitting one is wrong that brings people to repentance towards God and a belief and trust in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Bradley D

Yes reverential fear...not the craven fear which some aim at...that fear should be cast out by perfect love.

We have a eight year grandson living with us. Whenever he misbehaves I ground him. I also let him know that I love him, but that he will be punished for wrong doing. When I do something wrong I usually have to pay for my mistake. I does not mean God does not love me. It means I have to accept the consequences of my actions.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No.

Jesus Christ had to be and is a 100%righteous man.

Nothing is said of Jesus Christ having to be God to make the atonement. Only that He overcame and rose to the place of God over the new creation.

Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

What you are saying is that Jesus could not be righteous unless He be God.

Heb 2:10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Heb 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
Heb 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Heb 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
LA

You don't understand scripture, you insult the Author of it

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
We have a eight year grandson living with us. Whenever he misbehaves I ground him. I also let him know that I love him, but that he will be punished for wrong doing. When I do something wrong I usually have to pay for my mistake. I does not mean God does not love me. It means I have to accept the consequences of my actions.

You might be blessed by my latest update to my Spurgeon thread in the back alley Brad.

I agree with your position, it is far, far different to those who say we who have been saved will be damned for sins.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You might be blessed by my latest update to my Spurgeon thread in the back alley Brad.

I agree with your position, it is far, far different to those who say we who have been saved will be damned for sins.

None have said that.

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

LA

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
None have said that.

Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

LA

You mess

This scripture is about YOU, that is why you are snagged on it and can't get away from it.

There is in YOU an evil heart of unbelief...ALL your posts testify to doubt, unbelief, distrust, fear. You have departed the living God...that is why you are so gloomy and sour.

You have not held the beginning of your confidence to the end.

If you had been saved you won't have lost that but just look at what you have become.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You mess

This scripture is about YOU, that is why you are snagged on it and can't get away from it.

There is in YOU an evil heart of unbelief...ALL your posts testify to doubt, unbelief, distrust, fear. You have departed the living God...that is why you are so gloomy and sour.

You have not held the beginning of your confidence to the end.

If you had been saved you won't have lost that but just look at what you have become.

You think that, but what you have said is untrue.

However it is still possible for me to depart from the living God if I find out that He is condemning and discouraging like you.

LA

bybee

God loves you, He paid a high price for you.

He wants fellowship with you. He doesn't want you be afraid of Him, all He asks is that you don't hide from Him like Adam did, don't cover up your nakedness.

You can hardly turn a page in the gospels where Jesus doesn't somewhere say "Fear not" and Jesus is the truest revelation of the Father this side of eternity.

Nothing is hidden from God.