ECT Come BOLDLY to the throne of grace

oatmeal

"By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith" (Hebrews 11:7).

I see a "holy fear" of God as reverence and respect for God.

Fear has two meanings in scripture.

Fear as in being afraid and fear as showing reverence, awe, humility, gratitude, love, etc.

We love God because He first

a. frightened us

b. threatened us

c. loved us

We love God because He first loved us.

God is love, not a reason to quake in our shoes.

God is love.

I John 4:16

theophilus

Jesus Christ is who God is....

Isaiah 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

John 14:8 Philip *said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.”
9 Jesus *said to him, “Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father;

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.

2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

Jesus IS God.

Amen and Amen!

ZacharyB

YUP ... come boldly, all of you believers who are habitually sinning!

1 JOHN 1:6--1 JOHN 2:1

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness,
we lie and do not practice the truth.
But If we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
IF we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.
And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous."

andyc

How often is habitual?

'Habitually' is simply the justification of what the bible tells us is sin.
Anyone who knows a particular act is sinful, but doesn't care, and carries on regardless, is sinning habitually. Someone like this is rebelling. Paul told the church to not fellowship with such a person. Quite a serious situation.

SaulToPaul 2

'Habitually' is simply the justification of what the bible tells us is sin.
Anyone who knows a particular act is sinful, but doesn't care, and carries on regardless, is sinning habitually. Someone like this is rebelling. Paul told the church to not fellowship with such a person. Quite a serious situation.

What if he cares, but then in weakness does it again, and so on.
How often is habitual? Once a month? Week? Day?

ZacharyB

How often is habitual?
Believers who regularly repent of their sins ...
will necessarily lessen their sinning over time.

To repent means to be truly sorry for committing a sin,
and then to try very hard to not do it again!

This is only one part of being an overcomer,
which is necessary for salvation ... because salvation is a process!

Today's pastors refuse to teach all of these spiritual truths!
That's the only reason why the Lord has some of us here doing it.

SaulToPaul 2

This is part of being an overcomer, which is necessary for salvation.

God repented, didn't he?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not the saints, he did not.

This is what he called workers, like you, who deny Christ and his finished work of the cross.

Now that does make you a liar.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

MAD doctrine is evil and its believers will lie like hell to hide behind it, and speak all manner of evil against those who have entered into salvation through Acts 2:38 , the principle of which all accounts of salvation in acts occurred, including Paul who also ministered the same thing to the Ephesian 12 in Acts chapter 19.

MAD doctrine refuses water baptism, repentance, bread and wine, teaches two NT church groups (Jew and Jew and Gentile) no new covenant in force now, the return to the law by Jews in the Kingdom of God, and countless other heresies, including that Christ's Bride is not the Body of Christ.

LA

Last edited:

andyc

What if he cares, but then in weakness does it again, and so on.

That is not habitual in my view. It's what the bible calls being 'overtaken in a particular sin'. This is why there is so much confusion about sin in this forum. There is the act of sin, and the nature of sin. The justification of the act is out and out rebellion.

How often is habitual? Once a month? Week? Day?

Sin is nailed to the cross, regardless of how many sin acts have been or will be committed. But if justification is sought for a habitual sin, this is a denial of the cross. For example, if some denies that homosexuality is a sin, and therefore goes out and commits the act shamelessly, they are denying that the cross was judgement for this sin. And so where will that judgement fall?
Such a lifestyle is a denial of the cross.

revpete

This is only one part of being an overcomer,
which is necessary for salvation ... because salvation is a process!

True repentance is brought about by The Holy Spirit. Jesus came to give repentance to His people:

Acts: 5. 31. Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

The goodness of God leads us to true repentance:

Romans: 2. 4. Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Repentance is not just being sorry. Esau was sorry to the point of tears but found no place of repentance:

Hebrews: 12. 17. For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

Our salvation, of which repentance is an integral part is of God alone and leaves nothing for man to glory in.

Pete 👤

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Now that does make you a liar.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

MAD doctrine is evil and its believers will lie like hell to hide behind it, and speak all manner of evil against those who have entered into salvation through Acts 2:38 , the principle of which all accounts of salvation in acts occurred, including Paul who also ministered the same thing to the Ephesian 12 in Acts chapter 19.

MAD doctrine refuses water baptism, repentance, bread and wine, teaches two NT church groups (Jew and Jew and Gentile) no new covenant in force now, the return to the law by Jews in the Kingdom of God, and countless other heresies, including that Christ's Bride is not the Body of Christ.

LA

Saul to Paul calls me a liar for showing this, not only on this thread but in his secret neg reps.

Yet he can not deny that he believes those things because he knows he does.

LA

SaulToPaul 2

Saul to Paul calls me a liar for showing this, not only on this thread but in his secret neg reps.

Yet he can not deny that he believes those things because he knows he does.

LA

Anyone who has been around for awhile knows what MAD wackos believe.

They do not need your help, Great Guru, LA the Great.

ZacharyB

(People) who deny Christ and his finished work of the cross.
STP, Jesus finished His work when He went to the Cross.
Going to the Cross was the last task (of many)
that He was sent to perform successfully.
His primary work was to make it possible for humans to go to heaven.

The Triune Godhead agreed beforehand that Father God would be satisfied with
the blood sacrifice of a sinless human who would serve as man's representative!

This is the incredible grace (unmerited favor) of our Lord God ...
that we have an opportunity to continually have our sins
forgiven, cleansed, and forgotten ... and go to heaven!