Colossians is a pervert.

elohiym

godrulz said:
Who said Christianity is a license to sin?
You said, "...I Cor. 6 talks about unbelievers not inheriting the kingdom of God due to habitual, ongoing, unrepented of sin. It does not mean that if a Christian has an affair or gets drunk once that they are going to hell." You believe that through Christ you get to sin once in a while without condemnation. That is a license to sin. You will go to hell for believing something like that because it rejects the blood of Christ.

godrulz said:
I see that you could use a closer look at I John and Romans.
I see that you are being evasive and ignoring my pointed questions. :chuckle:

godrulz said:
Ritual uncleanness from menses is not one of the 10 commandments. Notice that things are different in the New Covenant, but that sin is sin in either covenant? I forgot you have certain legalisms that cloud your thinking.
What are you saying there, godrulz? That is total confusion you are spewing.

First you make a statement that implies ritual uncleaness is not a sin because it is not one of the 10 Commandments, which implies that you do think the 10 Commandments have some bearing over the believer (legalism). Then you point out that sin is sin in either covenant, essentially contradicting your first statement. You top off your confusion by bearing false witness against me that I supposedly have "certain legalisms that cloud" my thinking.

What remains is that you have not addressed my points, and you are showing yourself to be evasive, and you are becoming defensive. :sigh:
godrulz said:
Understanding God's self-revelation and worshipping in spirit and in truth should not be considered offensive. Ignorance is not bliss. We can know things about God's nature and character truthfully without having to explain it exhaustively. Laziness in theological thinking is not commended in Scripture.
Then you should stop being lazy in your theological thinking.
godrulz said:
The threads supposed to be about Colossians. How did you steal the limelight?
You're stealing the limelight, godrulz. ;)

Now we know that YOU willfully sin from time-to-time, and you think that you're covered by Jesus' sacrifice while you're rebelling. That is disgusting, and blasphemy against the holy spirit.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28 He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? Hebrews 10:26-29

Repent!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Hebrews 10 is about a defiant falling away and renunciation of Christ and His finished work (apostasy...return to Judaism, for example). It is not about a struggle with the flesh (Rom. 6-8 or I John or Ps. 51 would be more relevant).

I am not suggesting that we sin so grace abounds or that it is not important to repent and obey. Just as a sin in marriage affects intimacy without severing the relationship instantly, so an isolated lapse into sin for a believer does not make us damned instantly. It affects our relationship with God and needs to be repented of with a renewed obedience. Sozo and lighthouse seem to suggest that a believer cannot sin or that all future sins are automatically forgiven before they happen or that we are not under law so sin is not held against us. I have found there ideas problematic, so do not confuse my views with theirs.

David did not cease to be a follower of God when he committed adultery and murder. God convicted him and restored him through repentance. If David would have renounced God and followed after pagan deities, then he would not have remained a lover/worshipper of God.

I am not sure of the details of your beliefs. The reality is that Christians can sin in thought word, deed, or motive. Jesus was sinless. We are not. There is provision for sin. This is not condoning sin or saying God is blind to it. I Cor. 6 cannot mean that one white lie from a follower of Christ means you will not inherit the kingdom of God. This is why there is a distinction between a godless life of sin and a Christian who sins and repents in short order. Does not I Jn. 2:2 talk about our (believer) sins and the sins of the world (some distinction)?

elohiym

godrulz,

Jesus said, "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Have you become as a little child already, or is that something you are becoming over time?

immivik

club elohiym

club elohiym

actually this is the elohiym club, all those who agree with elohiym are going to heaven in his estimation and all those agreeing with colossians are sinners and must repent!
:the_wave:

:devil: :devil: :devil:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elohiym said:
godrulz,

Jesus said, "Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Have you become as a little child already, or is that something you are becoming over time?

We are to be child-like, not childish. Therefore, grow up before we :vomit:

elohiym

godrulz said:
Post 62? Good refutation :guitar:
No. I agree with Sozo's assesment.

Remember, I am making a case that YOU are in BONDAGE to SIN.

This is part of the process in making a case, called discovery.

godrulz said:
We are to be child-like, not childish.
Jesus said, ""Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

You say that we are to become child-like. So, have YOU become child-like? Yes or no.

Also, please explain what it means to be child-like, because I don't think you know what it means. I don't think you can even explain what the expression "become as little children" means. Prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
:yawn:

If by "child like" you mean "subject to tantrums and outbursts of profanity" there's a few people here who fit the bill...

elohiym

godrulz,

Jesus said, ""Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

You say that we are to become child-like. So, have YOU become child-like? Yes or no.

Also, please explain what it means to be child-like, because I don't think you know what it means. I don't think you can even explain what the expression "become as little children" means. Prove me wrong.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
elohiym said:
No. I agree with Sozo's assesment.

Remember, I am making a case that YOU are in BONDAGE to SIN.

This is part of the process in making a case, called discovery.

I imagine it has something to do with a simplicity of faith with an implicit trust in Christ alone for salvation. I can't remember the context, but was He contrasting this with the religious dudes who had sophisticated 'knowledge' without wisdom and a rejection of the Son of God?

I came to Christ a broken person with simplicity and trusted Him. I was born again as a child of God upon reception of Him and His finished work (Jn. 1:12).

elohiym

godrulz said:
I imagine it has something to do with a simplicity of faith with an implicit trust in Christ alone for salvation. I can't remember the context, but was He contrasting this with the religious dudes who had sophisticated 'knowledge' without wisdom and a rejection of the Son of God?
Since that is a perfect description of YOU, then you must not be child-like yet. That means you're unconverted, not yet born again.

godrulz said:
I came to Christ a broken person with simplicity and trusted Him. I was born again as a child of God upon reception of Him and His finished work (Jn. 1:12).
How are you child-like? What makes you child-like verses an unbeliever?

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

Did God put his law into your mind? Did he write it on your heart? If YOU sin, then he didn't write his law on your heart, and you don't serve his law with your mind. It is not possible to have his law within you, and to violate his law at the same time.

YOU are in bondage to sin, godrulz.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Which bondage to sin to you mean? Do you have a hidden camera and mike like sozo?

How do I reject the Son of God whom I defend and proclaim as God, risen, and the one whom we call on for eternal life?

The law of God in my heart convicts me of sin. There are times I wrestle with anger or lust. Perhaps I am a technical glutton at times or speed in my car breaking the law of the land (Rom. 13). This does not forfeit my salvation because I am not glorified and sinlessly perfect in every thought, word, deed, motive. I am saved by grace through faith, not keeping the works of the law (though loving God will lead to loving obedience in His power)...Eph. 2:8-10.

Since when are you the judge of the hearts and minds of men? Take the log out of your own eye. If you were honest, you would not pretend to be sinlessly perfect in yourself like the Savior was.

immivik

elohiym's Bible has a funny translation anyhow:
Hebrews 8:10 reads;
"For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my laws in thier mind and write them on thier hearts; and I will be thier God, and they shall be My people."
perhaps the impersonal way that elohiym presents the Lord is a clue to us.

Sozo

godrulz said:
Which bondage to sin to you mean? Do you have a hidden camera and mike like sozo?

How do I reject the Son of God whom I defend and proclaim as God, risen, and the one whom we call on for eternal life?

The law of God in my heart convicts me of sin. There are times I wrestle with anger or lust. Perhaps I am a technical glutton at times or speed in my car breaking the law of the land (Rom. 13). This does not forfeit my salvation because I am not glorified and sinlessly perfect in every thought, word, deed, motive. I am saved by grace through faith, not keeping the works of the law (though loving God will lead to loving obedience in His power)...Eph. 2:8-10.

Since when are you the judge of the hearts and minds of men? Take the log out of your own eye. If you were honest, you would not pretend to be sinlessly perfect in yourself like the Savior was.

Are you serious? Do you even listen to yourself?

Are you honestly going to testify in front of all these people who have come to Christ and know and understand how much they fall short of the glory of God in their flesh, that you are in a position to make distinctions about when you are or are not meeting God's standard for righteousness?

Don't you see how incredibly self-righteous it is, when you make these distictions? You are saying that you don't do this or that, and so it is because of those things that you can claim that you have not sinned. What kind of fool are you? If you were honest about the righteousness of God, and your behavior, you would never come remotely close to God's standard. You are living in a state of dillusion, and self-deception.

elohiym

godrulz said:
Which bondage to sin to you mean?
Jesus said, "Whoever sins is a servant of sin."
godrulz said:
You attempt to make Christ the minister of sin.
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. Galatians 2:17,18​
godrulz said:
If the law of God was written in your heart, it would mean that you no longer transgress the law of God. If you sin then you are a servant of sin, and have not had God's law put into your mind and heart.

You are preaching "loving obedience," which is a form of legalism, while being hatefully disobedient and self-righteous.

godrulz said:
Since when are you the judge of the hearts and minds of men? Take the log out of your own eye.
In post #53 you wrote...

godrulz said:
Now, perhaps you can make a case for why I am in bondage to sin (you do not know me) despite trusting Jesus Christ as the God-Man, risen from the dead? I will not hesitate to try to give a reason for the hope that is within me. I will not try to confuse you and others, but will be transparent.
I accepted your invitation. Now you are moaning, and acting like a victim, because you cannot be transparent, or answer without hesitation and confusion. You cannot honor your word, godrulz. :down:
godrulz said:
If you were honest, you would not pretend to be sinlessly perfect in yourself like the Savior was.
Since when are you the judge of the hearts and minds of men? Take the log out of your own eye.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Hey you guys are still arguing over here?

Lets see your closing arguments and call it a day.

CRASH is leaving and always remember Colossians is a pervert. .....:wave:

elohiym

CRASH said:
Hey you guys are still arguing over here?

Lets see your closing arguments and call it a day.

CRASH is leaving and always remember Colossians is a pervert. .....:wave:
Arguing over here keeps the Colossians is a pervert thread active, so they will always remember. :D

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Look up the uses of 'obedience' in the NT. Loving obedience is not a legalism. If you are not obeying, you are living contrary to the teachings of Jesus, Peter, Paul, James, John, etc. This puts you in a state of disobedience. Do you routinely murder, commit adultery, steal, hate your parents, lust, explode in anger, etc? Have you not read the NT? Have you not read the teachings of Jesus? Have you not read Paul's many exhortations? Do you walk in the light as He is in the light? I simply do not get your impractical views that attempt to sound superspiritual but are divorced from basic NT theology (and OT for that matter).