ECT COL 3:11 and IT'S MEANING !!

DAN P

Paul's veil, under which he persecuted the Father's children, was taken away by Christ.

Paul repented of his sins, was baptized and received the holy Spirit as Peter said. That's when Paul became a member of Christ's body, the church.

Hi and when was Paul BAPTIZED ??

dan p

DAN P

Did he say that? :idunno:

Hi and I was responding to jamie !!

I do not remember if Peter did say that !!

Paul was baptized as written in 1 Cor 12:3 which was in Acts 9:6 and that is where Paul was FIRST given the Holy Spirit !!\\

That is why I am Acts 9:6 dispensationalist !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul was baptized as written in 1 Cor 12:3 which was in Acts 9:6 and that is where Paul was FIRST given the Holy Spirit !!\\

That is why I am Acts 9:6 dispensationalist !!

Paul was baptized in a Gentile city according to Christ's instructions given to all able-bodied Jewish males from Parthia and throughout the Roman empire by Peter.

Paul did as he was told.

The NT church began on Pentecost in 30 CE. Paul came later.

jsanford108

Grace just means FAVOR >

dan p

I know that this quote was not directed at myself, however; Grace does not just mean "favor."

Grace according to Webster: "
(in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings."

An even better denotation of Grace: the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to his call to become children of God, adoptive sons, partakers of the divine nature and of eternal life....The means by which God grants his grace are many.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
An even better denotation of Grace: the free and undeserved help that God gives us to respond to his call to become children of God, adoptive sons, partakers of the divine nature and of eternal life....The means by which God grants his grace are many.

We are sons of God, but not by adoption.

DAN P

I know that this quote was not directed at myself, however; Grace does not just mean "favor."

Grace according to Webster: "
(in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings."

Hi and lets say it this way , that there CHARIS has up to 12 different meaning as it is a Translitered word and can be translated by the following English words , Grace , thankworth;y , thankful , Favor , ETC, ETC

dan p

DAN P

Paul was baptized in a Gentile city according to Christ's instructions given to all able-bodied Jewish males from Parthia and throughout the Roman empire by Peter.

Paul did as he was told.

The NT church began on Pentecost in 30 CE. Paul came later.

jsanford108

Hi and lets say it this way , that there CHARIS has up to 12 different meaning as it is a Translitered word and can be translated by the following English words , Grace , thankworth;y , thankful , Favor , ETC, ETC

dan p

Thank you for the clarification. However, I would pose that "charis" is not the "Grace" that so many of us are speaking of. It is more akin to translating as "kindness." While "favor" does work, particularly with the verse in Colossians that is the topic, "kindness" or even "unmerited favor" is more accurate.

We must also keep in mind that often people will interchange terminology to fit their own interpretation or meanings. I am not accusing anyone specifically of doing this, however we must be mindful that it does occur.

DAN P

Thank you for the clarification. However, I would pose that "charis" is not the "Grace" that so many of us are speaking of. It is more akin to translating as "kindness." While "favor" does work, particularly with the verse in Colossians that is the topic, "kindness" or even "unmerited favor" is more accurate.

We must also keep in mind that often people will interchange terminology to fit their own interpretation or meanings. I am not accusing anyone specifically of doing this, however we must be mindful that it does occur.

Hi and Paul has always , coupled CHARIS / GRACE with the THE DISPENSATION given to him , in Acts 20:24 !!

dan p

jsanford108

Hi and Paul has always , coupled CHARIS / GRACE with the THE DISPENSATION given to him , in Acts 20:24 !!

dan p

Sure, Paul did. However, by its very definition, is it not logical to align events in the Gospels, and even Old Testament events, as being acts of grace, given and "dispensed" by God/Christ? Was not every miracle performed by Christ, grace? Was being an Apostle not a grace?

One very specific example could be the thief next to Christ on the cross. He was assured salvation by Christ. Is this not an act of dispensing grace?

DAN P

Sure, Paul did. However, by its very definition, is it not logical to align events in the Gospels, and even Old Testament events, as being acts of grace, given and "dispensed" by God/Christ? Was not every miracle performed by Christ, grace? Was being an Apostle not a grace?

One very specific example could be the thief next to Christ on the cross. He was assured salvation by Christ. Is this not an act of dispensing grace?

Hi and GRACE is not the Dispensation of Grace given to Paul in Acts 20:24 !!

Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ and is NOT the same as written in Acts 20:24 , or in Rom 16:25-26 or as in Eph 3:2 !!

dan p

jsanford108

Hi and GRACE is not the Dispensation of Grace given to Paul in Acts 20:24 !!

Grace and Truth came by Jesus Christ and is NOT the same as written in Acts 20:24 , or in Rom 16:25-26 or as in Eph 3:2 !!

dan p

Thank for again, for the clarification.

DAN P

A really good example of God's grace was accepting Paul into Christ's body.

Hi and Paul was the PATTERN of a person saved by Grace and the first one baptized into the B O C with the and the first one Baptized with the Power of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor 12:3 and why I am an Acts 9:6 dispensationalist !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and Paul was the PATTERN of a person saved by Grace and the first one baptized into the B O C with the and the first one Baptized with the Power of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor 12:3 and why I am an Acts 9:6 dispensationalist !!

The Hebrews were saved out of Egypt by grace, baptized in the sea, drank of the Rock that was Christ and received the holy Spirit.

Peter taught that the God of grace has called us to his eternal glory through Jesus Christ.

Paul was such a fervent advocate of Mosaic law that Christ's body was afraid of him. Jews thought he was mad.