Clete's POTD 1-6-06

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Hilston said:
You can't disprove the existence of air while you're breathing it, aharvey. For me to use logic to prove God's existence is to invoke God's existence before I even get started. God transcends logic, and in fact, gives it meaning and intelligibility. Your very question itself proves God's existence. The fact that I understand it proves God's existence. There is no "chain of logic" when we're talking about the very atmosphere of logic (i.e. God). As you read this sentence, God's existence is being screamed at you.

Hilston said:
First of all, it's not my goal to convince you of anything. My aim is to answer your objections rationally and biblically. Second, it is fascinating to me how often non-/anti-theists resort to this sort of blow-off response and never offer their own accounting for logic and reason. Their protests typically amount to: "You might as well believe in the IPU or the FSM or IGG (in this case) to justify your use of logic." Of course, when pressed to explain how the IPU or the FSM or the IGG can account for one's use of logic and reason, they're at a loss, because once they actualy think deeply upon the matter and proffer a response, they start describing an IPU or a FSM that is curiously similar to the God of the Bible.

These are just two exerpts from just an incredibly brilliant post.

Here's a link to the post itself. It's a bit on the long side but well worth the read (as long as you can over look the Calvinistic parts ;) ).

Battle Talk ~ BR IX Post 599

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Great pick Clete. :up: I was just reading that thread. I have to laugh imagining aharvey and ThePhy pulling their hair out reading Hilston's stuff.

Great Job Hilston!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hilston's work in the Battle Talk thread has been CLASSIC!!! Everyday I look forward to reading his latest. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.