Classics cars thread

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:plain: Maybe one day...

404961-3.jpg

PureX

I was born in 1964

Over the years I have seen guys buy classic cars of the year they were born.

My choice from 1964 would be the Corvette Stingray
They were about as classic as classic gets. I was 7 when that model came out, and they were beautiful even when they were new. And everyone knew it. I really liked the '66 with the fast-back, though. "Man!, That was som'm else!" as Elvis would say.

206902.jpg

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
:plain: Maybe one day...

404961-3.jpg

tom!

that was my daily driver in high school in 1977!

my dad had a pearl gray 68 (i think yours is a 65) deville convertible with red leather interior and black top with a 472

my buddy and i would put a hundred miles on it every afternoon just cruising around blasting the radio

until dad realized that i had gone through a new set of rear tires in 8000 miles

it was back to the station wagon for a while after that :(

The Berean

I came across this 1956 Oldsmobile Golden Rocket concept car. It never went into mass production. Kind of cool looking.

1956-Oldsmobile-Golden-Concept-manu-01.jpg

oldsmobile_golden_rocket_concept_car_1.jpg

1956_Oldsmobile_Golden_Rocket_Concept_06.jpg

goldrockettee.jpg

RETRO_ROCKETS_CARS2.jpg

moparguy

In the experimentals theme:

63turbinf.jpg

63turbinb.jpg

Sadly, because chrysler didn't pay the full import fee for all of them, most of them got crushed.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The final ride should be a real classic.

These are Eureka Cadillac funeral coaches...
1964 Landau style end loader.

1960 Landau style side service (three way).​

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A classic Lakeside Speedway (Denver, Colorado - 1938-1988) circle burner...

Loren Embree's number 42
Sam Sauer, driver

While buying a new Toyota Celica for my wife, I asked God if it be His will, I'd really like to have a Toyota MR2. I forgot I asked God for one, but one year later I had an identical car to the one I looked at. It was one year old, black with only 14000 miles on it. I made what I thought was a low ball offer on it an the dealer took it without hesitation. They were asking $11,999 and I offered them $9000. I asked why they took the offer and they told me they had sold the car about 5 times but each time it was returned when the buyer found out how much insurance was. I kick myself daily for ever trading it in many years later. Fortunately, I have another blessing from God that I will not ever trade in.