chrysostom

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
a discernment
A Beast In The Making
A holy place desolated. The beasts of Daniel have been named: Babylon, Persia, Greece, and Rome. They all had something to do with the temple except Persia. What is preventing the third temple will point to the fourth beast. The Dome of the Rock. Islam is the fourth beast of Daniel. Different from all the rest.
Home
What if the third temple is the Church. Now what. The beast is Rome or Nero ("Babylon"), and the Catholic Church's most common name (even though it's technically a misnomer) in the vernacular today is the "ROMAN" Catholic Church. If the third temple is the Church, 'preventing the third temple' is something that already happened and has failed. What does that tell you about how, e.g. "Armageddon" worked out? Who won Armageddon? The Church's headquarters became Rome, she did to Rome what the US did to the Indians. Now who's side are you on? Rome's? Or the Church's?

you have to ask yourself
and
we would like to know.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a historicist
A Prophecy Fulfilled in History
A number to connect them. Bible translators agree on numbers and to some extent so do historians. Historical events can be connected to prophecy with numbers and colors. Start with a big number like a thousand and see if the other numbers like 666, ten, seven, etc. fit. There is only one Christian empire that lasted a thousand years where they reigned with Christ.
Home

Idolater

Nero
...Babylon...
Rome

It could just be that all this already happened and the Church won already. Or at least some of it.

Our first papa or pope Peter wrote "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.", which isn't at all clear that he's describing the building of a temple, but St. Paul certainly is. 1st Corinthians 3:9 Also this passage, from that same letter, the second letter to the Corinthians "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"

Sacrifices and temples go together, that's where the altar is, that's where the physical sacrifice is physically offered on the altar of the deity in question, this is the definition of a temple and of what makes a temple a temple, it's the sacrifices offered on the altar.

Priests are the ones who offer sacrifices on altars.

Here's something you might find interesting from Revelation, chapter one "Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, 6And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father" and in chapter five "thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; 10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests"

Why do you suppose that Revelation chapter twenty says, future tense "6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ"? Why did it go from past tense in chapters one and five, to future tense in chapter twenty?

It went from "made [already]" to "shall [become]".

Idolater

Second Corinthians:
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

And then here's more Revelation.

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
All this you might find interesting.

Last edited:

Idolater

Look at this one; this is from Ephesians chapter two, Paul again, writing to yet another Gentile parish community.
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord
All these quotes are from a top-five popular Protestant Bible. It's easy to see unless you're determined to be myopic. And I don't mean determined in a Calvinist sense. We don't believe in Calvinism, we believe in personal responsibility.

Idolater

Even here, Romans 15 "That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost."

It's not the offering up of the Gentiles, it's the offering up by the Gentiles, as priests, in the temple, on the altar, that Paul's talking about here. He's not saying that he's offering up the Gentiles as a sacrifice, he's saying the Gentiles are making sacrifices.

The offering is the Eucharist. That's what happens at Mass.

There's no question that the Jews, who are those who celebrated the Jerusalem temple liturgy, know how to offer up acceptable sacrifice to God, as they have been doing it all along. But the Gentiles didn't offer sacrifices to God, they offered sacrifices to other deities, which is idolatry. So Paul says here in Romans 15:16 that his goal was to make sure that the Gentiles celebrated the Eucharist validly.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a mystery
A Connection Of Dots
A number of boxes to check. Ten horns, seven heads, two beasts, a bottomless pit, etc. They can all be connected. Daniel can help us identify the beasts. Chapter 17 has many waters and seven hills, Chapter 18 has many merchants and a great city that has fallen and can be found no more at all. With Constantinople we can check all the boxes and connect the dots.
Home

Idolater

Second Corinthians:
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
You should find this interesting.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a number
A Connection
A fulfillment of prophecy in history. Count them. Better yet calculate them. A better translation. The number 666 must be calculated. It is a date. A year which depends on a calendar. You can count the different calendars but a conversion from one to another requires a calculation. A mark is a beginning. Start there. Even calendars have a beginning.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a him or an it
A Translation Problem
A beast is an it according to Daniel and Daniel knows beasts. Some of the translators didn't get it right. Somehow its horns became his horns. Somehow they all agreed "it had ten horns". This is not a small matter. A person cannot have ten horns. Only a beast. Some translators were not inspired. You have to love BibleGateway.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a prince
A Translation Not Inspired
A problem with interpretation. 50 different English translations all agree on "one of his" but the next word could be princes, commanders, officers, officials, generals, leaders, principalities, or subordinates. A prince is a family member but the rest are not. A problem if you are looking for the king of the north. You have to love BibleGateway. It is inspired.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a color
A Number
A reliable translation. You can give them different symbolic meanings but somehow they translate well. Instead of trying to interpret what has been translated, try using numbers and colors to connect history with what has been prophesied. Only history can verify the fulfillment of prophecy. Connect them with numbers and colors.
Home