chrysostom

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
stay in the Church and fight for it
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. You can't save the Church by leaving it. You can save yourself by staying in and fighting for it. It may be your only chance. It Is your job to find out what is going on and then to do something about it.
Home

and now for the good news
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. We are now hearing about mercy and forgiveness. We are also hearing about the devil. Did the devil make you do it? Who let him in? Did he come in through the seminaries? How else would he get in? How do we get him out? Pray? Pray that somebody does something about it. How about you? Are you going to just pray?
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
cut him some slack
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. We are told to give the pope the benefit of the doubt. See him in the best possible light. Okay let's say he is trying to solve the problem without making the homosexual look bad. That assumes homosexuality is not the problem. So he is protecting the homosexual. Not the Church. Not the child. The devil is clericalism. Nobody gets hurt here. Not even the devil.
Home

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
cut him some slack
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. We are told to give the pope the benefit of the doubt. See him in the best possible light. Okay let's say he is trying to solve the problem without making the homosexual look bad. That assumes homosexuality is not the problem. So he is protecting the homosexual. Not the Church. Not the child. The devil is clericalism. Nobody gets hurt here. Not even the devil.
Home

As a bishop and cardinal he use to lash out strongly against gay marriage. Somebody in the Vatican is yanking his chain.

Here's what I think: When apologists make arguments proving Papal Infallibility, we are often confronted with bad popes from the past, like the Borgias. Part of our argument includes admitting that we have had a few bad popes, and how that does not have a bearing on the doctrine.

Well, I say we have a bad pope now. He is certainly not a Borgia, but he has bad political leanings for sure. But until he tries to dogmatically define something erroneous Ex Cathedra, Catholic doctrine still stands regardless of his personal remarks.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
As a bishop and cardinal he use to lash out strongly against gay marriage. Somebody in the Vatican is yanking his chain.

Here's what I think: When apologists make arguments proving Papal Infallibility, we are often confronted with bad popes from the past, like the Borgias. Part of our argument includes admitting that we have had a few bad popes, and how that does not have a bearing on the doctrine.

Well, I say we have a bad pope now. He is certainly not a Borgia, but he has bad political leanings for sure. But until he tries to dogmatically define something erroneous Ex Cathedra, Catholic doctrine still stands regardless of his personal remarks.

Do you follow Michael Voris?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
clericalism or homosexuality
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Which is it? How do you attack the problem in the Church? Do we understand either one? Clericalism sounds like bureaucracy which is something inherent to any organization. Good luck dealing with that. Homosexuality has also been around for a long time but it will not flourish without an environment that encourages it which reminds me of something I learned a long time ago in a Catholic school. An occasion of sin.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
an occasion of sin
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. We haven't heard anything about it lately. We don't have to worry about Church teachings being changed. They just ignore them. They have more important things to talk about. Like climate change and immigration. The Democratic Party and the media don't want the Church to talk about abortion or homosexuality. Who wants to hear about homosexuality or how the young are corrupted by it? Or how difficult it is for a young seminarian or priest to remain celibate when he has to spend so much time with others who ignore their vows? It's a continuous occasion for sin. We are commanded to forgive but we can't turn a blind eye to it. We have to recognize the root cause and do something about it.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Speaking of change, did you hear the pope is changing the Lord's Prayer?

Yes but the English translation will not be affected. Did you know "For thine is the kingdom etc" was added to the KJV? Other reliable translations do not have it. Makes you wonder about those who rely on one translation.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
not the time for mercy, forgiveness, silence
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Now is the time to find out what the hell is going on and do something about it. Find a trusted source. That once was the pope and his bishops. Not anymore. I trust Vigano and Voris. Only you can determine who to trust.
Home