chrysostom and ok doser (aka sod): Desperately Seeking Town Heretic

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You've been very good about supplying extra references to him in this thread. I admire your diligence. :)

As for being associated with sod, you'll have to do something about that yourself if you want it to change.

I won't defend him
and
I don't even encourage him

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
you have more posts in his thread than I do
it looks like you are encouraging him

you have to admit that I have been encouraging you

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
you have more posts in his thread than I do
it looks like you are encouraging him

you have to admit that I have been encouraging you

You mean the first On Rape thread? I checked, and I have just one post more than you in that thread. :chuckle:

And yes, I do have to admit you've been encouraging me.

I'd add that quote about you loving tension, but I think it's been pruned. :(

On a brighter note:
I just love reunions
I love a good dialogue
I love music and dancing
I love the mexicans
I love thin mint cookies
I love chicken curry
I love mounds
I love chili
I love cornbread

:)

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You mean the first On Rape thread? I checked, and I have just one post more than you in that thread. :chuckle:

And yes, I do have to admit you've been encouraging me.

I'd add that quote about you loving tension, but I think it's been pruned. :(

On a brighter note:

:)

thank you for that

life is good

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
since there is a good chance town is watching this
I will once again explain don quixote here
but
not now
I will be on the road for a few days

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Defending him for what? Being content with his home life and career? ... or having superior intelligence and a higher quality of education than his stalkers?

I always looked forward to seeing what Town had to say about this or that each time I logged in anew at TOL. I watched him grow in his confidence with matters of the faith from a time when he first joined and vexed me greatly as I tried to determine exactly where he stood on doctrinal points, to his most recent cogent and confident defense of his reason for believing and even tough topics like the Trinity. One could literally witness another's walk of faith strengthening and maturing day by day. It blessed me often.

Town is my friend and I miss his acerbic wit, penetrating dissection via clever mordancy of his unwitting interlocutor's foilbles, and his charity to all, even his aristarchs who sought to hold him up to ridicule. While it may appear to be obeisance on my part, nevertheless for me at least, TOL is a bit less scintillating without my friend's contributions. It is my prayer that I have not seen the last of him here and about.

While Town's return would be met with perverse glee by a minority who relish spending their time with calumny, I am confident the majority would welcome someone who can craft challenging and penetrating thoughts worth considering, even when we may disagree.

AMR

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I always looked forward to seeing what Town had to say about this or that each time I logged in anew at TOL. I watched him grow in his confidence with matters of the faith from a time when he first joined and vexed me greatly as I tried to determine exactly where he stood on doctrinal points, to his most recent cogent and confident defense of his reason for believing and even tough topics like the Trinity. One could literally witness another's walk of faith strengthening and maturing day by day. It blessed me often.

Town is my friend and I miss his acerbic wit, penetrating dissection via clever mordancy of his unwitting interlocutor's foilbles, and his charity to all, even his aristarchs who sought to hold him up to ridicule. While it may appear to be obeisance on my part, nevertheless for me at least, TOL is a bit less scintillating without my friend's contributions. It is my prayer that I have not seen the last of him here and about.

While Town's return would be met with perverse glee by a minority who relish spending their time with calumny, I am confident the majority would welcome someone who can craft challenging and penetrating thoughts worth considering, even when we may disagree.

AMR

I know I mentioned this to you in another thread as well, but I sincerely hope that he looks back on his time here with fondness, that he stays in touch with his good friends (as he does with you elsewhere), and then he gets on with life. If it means dropping back in here from time to time to say hi and make a few posts, or if he never makes it back here again - I hope he makes the choices that are best for him, not for those he left behind.

The hours and hours spent here by anyone wanting to best whomever's "wrong on the internet," or battling trolls, or, heaven forbid, turning into what one might have most despised once upon a time... can be very damaging. I hope that if any of that was damaging to TH, that it can be mended by transferring those hours to real life instead of this virtual world where trolls are tended and fed by the site owner, and where the same arguments are rehashed over and over by a smaller and smaller group of more and more polarized posters. In the ways that mattered to him, TH was right, his cost/benefit ratio had met the tipping point.

Quincy

That guy is/was a real bro, brother, friend, amigo... whatever word you personally use.

He always made me feel like he was Bob Ross, every word he ever said to me seemed like a happy little word.