Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
can you give me a break? -
I know michaelcadry is a nice guy -
he means well and I am just using him to make a point -
he is hung up on a literal interpretation of creation and it is preventing him and others from getting to what is really important in the bible -
I challenge him and others like him to really question what they are doing -
is it productive? -

Dear Chrys,

It is as productive as anything you've accomplished here. Don't judge me nor be jealous of me. You don't have to challenge me about anything. I know what I am doing. We do discuss many other things besides the Creation, literally or otherwise. I have two atheists who changed their status from atheist to agnostic atheist. One of them now believes in angels and discusses God and Jesus, and the angels, and he is coming around. All I can do is try. We discuss the afterlife, not just creation. What do you really want, Chrys?? I think you don't know half of what has been said in my thread. You seem to just want some ravings on your thread, right? Whatever. I am sleepy. It is 5:30am and I haven't been to bed yet. Good night![/QUOTE]

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
huh? -
anyone else?

I would expect a believer to believe all aspects of the Bible which would include Genesis. The literal interpretation of the creation in Genesis is ... poof, it happened because it was willed to be so. It's a matter of faith, not of science. The only reason to bring creation into politics would for the purpose of changing our laws to reflect a religious bias. Someone who truly believes does not need to twist science to validate their views.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
do creationists misrepresent christianity?

I would expect a believer to believe all aspects of the Bible which would include Genesis. The literal interpretation of the creation in Genesis is ... poof, it happened because it was willed to be so. It's a matter of faith, not of science. The only reason to bring creation into politics would for the purpose of changing our laws to reflect a religious bias. Someone who truly believes does not need to twist science to validate their views.

if I understand you correctly, you are saying creationists do represent christianity even though the vast majority of christians are not creationists - in other words - do not believe in a literal interpretation of genesis

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
if I understand you correctly, you are saying creationists do represent christianity even though the vast majority of christians are not creationists - in other words - do not believe in a literal interpretation of genesis

Most Christians I know in RL believe in the literal interpretation of Genesis.

Status
Not open for further replies.