chrysostom’s 2014 annual awards

bybee

do you believe the gop only pays lip service to the pro life cause?

A political party is an artificial construct.
The fight against abortion is waged by individuals. Their party affiliation or lack thereof has almost nothing to do with it.
I have voted Republican for many years because I am a fiscal conservative.
The fact that my moral bottom lines are from the Word of God make me a socially conservative person because I have lived long enough to see that the wages of sin are paid in full.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
A political party is an artificial construct.
The fight against abortion is waged by individuals. Their party affiliation or lack thereof has almost nothing to do with it.
I have voted Republican for many years because I am a fiscal conservative.
The fact that my moral bottom lines are from the Word of God make me a socially conservative person because I have lived long enough to see that the wages of sin are paid in full.

so where is art?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I withdraw my participation in a thread that considers anna an apt candidate for the sophist label.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I will give you that straight forward answer as to why I believe you vote for the current Republican party:

They are anti-woman, anti-child, pro-domestic violence, pro-war, pro-poverty, anti-sex education and pro-abortion. Because they claim otherwise only means they are dishonest.

I DO believe there are good, honest people who see them as the Christian party who cares ... however, you are not one of them. You support them because you ... are mean.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Why believe Rusha? A long association of consistent approach in how she represents herself.

With the Republican party, a history of rhetoric without anything like the sorts of legislative attempts that would make that believable as more than a political ploy.

the republican party has passed laws restricting abortion
the republican party has put judges on the court that won't find them unconstitutional
and
the democrats have fought them every step of the way

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I will give you that straight forward answer as to why I believe you vote for the current Republican party:

They are anti-woman, anti-child, pro-domestic violence, pro-war, pro-poverty, anti-sex education and pro-abortion. Because they claim otherwise only means they are dishonest.

they are also against unions

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I withdraw my participation in a thread that considers anna an apt candidate for the sophist label.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, ouch. He's gonna have to put some ice on that. :)

Oh that's just his *selective morality* rearing it's hypocritical head. Just like the way he claims to be for family values and against divorce ... while support Newt, the thrice divorced adulterer.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
On an internet forum? It's reasonable to believe that someone holding the same position over a number of years and discussions actually believes the side they're arguing. It's certainly more reasonable than believing the opposite without any evidence at hand.

Supra.

Done.

Interesting notion. Why do you believe that? Some of the most convincing liars in the world are politicians and the odd populist preacher, people who routinely say and fool a great many people into believing they care about a thing when all they appear to ultimately care about is power/money.

pay attention town
the republicans pass laws restricting abortion
the republican appointed judges don't find them unconstitutional
while the democrats try to block all this

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Last edited: