Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

TrevorL

Greetings “God's Truth”,
Jesus is God the Father who came as a son and then went back to heaven to the place he was before coming to earth.
Where is Jesus now? Jesus is at the same place he was before coming to earth.
John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
Where is Jesus now? Jesus is on the throne of God the Father; so then, it is the same place he had before coming to earth.
No, Jesus is distinct from God the Father. Jesus is the Son of God. He has now been exalted and is now seated at the right hand of Yahweh, God the Father, in God the Father’s throne. Jesus is yet to sit upon his own throne, the throne of David in Jerusalem, when he returns from heaven, to establish his Kingdom upon the earth for 1000 years.
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Acts 2:32-36 (KJV): 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Revelation 3:21 (KJV): To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

Greetings “God's Truth”,No, Jesus is distinct from God the Father. Jesus is the Son of God. He has now been exalted and is now seated at the right hand of Yahweh, God the Father, in God the Father’s throne. Jesus is yet to sit upon his own throne, the throne of David in Jerusalem, when he returns from heaven, to establish his Kingdom upon the earth for 1000 years.
Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Acts 2:32-36 (KJV): 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
Revelation 3:21 (KJV): To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Kind regards
Trevor

So you think you can just ignore all the scriptures I gave.

The scriptures I gave prove Jesus came from heaven and is God the Father.

God's Truth

TrevorL didn't address anything I said or the scriptures I gave.
All he did was ignore the scriptures I gave and tried to nullify them with other scriptures.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, But you haven’t explained why the writer of the Letter to the Hebrews translates Elohim as Angels and applies this fact to Jesus. Are you suggesting that you understand the Hebrew language in this particular context better than this writer and his Hebrew audience?

We already explained this to you several times, in several threads.

The author of Hebrews used the LXX.

True scholars go to the original Hebrew to confirm the original intent.

I have shown the exegesis to support the true intention of the term.

You have not.

Apple7

Your logic is defective, as you seem to build up your reasoning in reverse and then get lost in your logic. I worship God the Father and His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, and this worship of God’s Son redounds to the glory of God the Father as Philippians 2:9-11 clearly states. You have not responded to the application of the same word in Revelation 3:9, or to the Enhanced Strong’s definition of the word.

Kind regards
Trevor

I showed you, in the original language, where proskuneo was used in relation to God The Father.

However, you claim that proskuneo CANNOT possibly refer to WORSHIP.

Therefore, following your defective logic, God The Father is not worshiped, either.

What a joke....

TrevorL

Greetings again "God's Truth",
So you think you can just ignore all the scriptures I gave.
The scriptures I gave prove Jesus came from heaven and is God the Father.
Psalm 110:1 which you alluded to in your original post is the unravelling of your claims. Psalm 110:1 is a clear testimony to the fact that there is one God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. This verse is one of the most quoted and expounded OT verses in the NT, and it cuts across your theories and across Trinitarian ideas as well. I am not ignoring all the Scriptures that you gave, but I am ignoring your misapplication of these Scriptures. Jesus addresses God as His Father in Matthew 11:25 and elsewhere so I find your theory very unusual to say the least.

In my younger years I encountered some form of Oneness Pentecostalism, even a narrow faction of this movement, where the then dead leader of the faction was considered to be Elijah, and it has been the only Pentecostal meeting that I have ever attended. It helped to set the direction of my life away from this theory as well as Pentecostal healing and tongues. I can understand that those still held inside these movements have to superficially justify their beliefs.

Kind regards
Trevor

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
We already explained this to you several times, in several threads. The author of Hebrews used the LXX. True scholars go to the original Hebrew to confirm the original intent. I have shown the exegesis to support the true intention of the term. You have not.
The writer to the Hebrews is agreeing with the LXX, but you reject his interpretation of “Elohim” as “angels” in the context of Psalm 8:5. You also ignore his exposition of “Jesus was made a little lower than the angels” and defer to your claim of superior knowledge of the original languages and your interpretation is contrary to the LXX and the inspired writer to the Hebrews, even suggesting that they are wrong.

I showed you, in the original language, where proskuneo was used in relation to God The Father. However, you claim that proskuneo CANNOT possibly refer to WORSHIP. Therefore, following your defective logic, God The Father is not worshiped, either. What a joke....
You are locked up in your logic. I never claimed that proskuneo cannot be used in relation to worship of God. What I claimed is that the word is also used elsewhere in a lesser sense of reverence and submission as in Revelation 3:9, and that Philippians 2:9-11 reveals the true relationship of worship and submission when we bow the knee to our Lord Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father.

Btw you have not taken up the challenge to find a Commentary that supports your narrow view of Hebrews 1:1-2 that it is speaking of God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, and also your view that Melchizedek is the incarnation of God the Holy Spirit. Perhaps I should start quoting some of these Trinitarian Commentaries to show how marginalised are some of your claims based on a “knowledge of the original languages”.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

Greetings again "God's Truth",Psalm 110:1 which you alluded to in your original post is the unravelling of your claims. Psalm 110:1 is a clear testimony to the fact that there is one God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. This verse is one of the most quoted and expounded OT verses in the NT, and it cuts across your theories and across Trinitarian ideas as well. I am not ignoring all the Scriptures that you gave, but I am ignoring your misapplication of these Scriptures. Jesus addresses God as His Father in Matthew 11:25 and elsewhere so I find your theory very unusual to say the least.

In my younger years I encountered some form of Oneness Pentecostalism, even a narrow faction of this movement, where the then dead leader of the faction was considered to be Elijah, and it has been the only Pentecostal meeting that I have ever attended. It helped to set the direction of my life away from this theory as well as Pentecostal healing and tongues. I can understand that those still held inside these movements have to superficially justify their beliefs.

Kind regards
Trevor

I don't have beliefs from the pentecostals. You need to learn how debate what I say instead of give mote replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I think you have the spirit of persecution.
Persecutory delusion: Persecutory delusions are a set of delusional conditions in which the affected persons believe they are being persecuted

Sounds exactly like you, GT.

God's Truth

Persecutory delusion: Persecutory delusions are a set of delusional conditions in which the affected persons believe they are being persecuted

Sounds exactly like you, GT.

People who persecute others are delusional because they don't realize they are persecuting others.

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7,The writer to the Hebrews is agreeing with the LXX, but you reject his interpretation of “Elohim” as “angels” in the context of Psalm 8:5. You also ignore his exposition of “Jesus was made a little lower than the angels” and defer to your claim of superior knowledge of the original languages and your interpretation is contrary to the LXX and the inspired writer to the Hebrews, even suggesting that they are wrong.

The LXX came from the Hebrew.

I go to the original Hebrew for confirmation, and I already showed you my exegetical reasoning, of which, you continue to ignore, completely.

You prefer to ignore the original and go to a translation.

Apple7

You are locked up in your logic. I never claimed that proskuneo cannot be used in relation to worship of God. What I claimed is that the word is also used elsewhere in a lesser sense of reverence and submission as in Revelation 3:9, and that Philippians 2:9-11 reveals the true relationship of worship and submission when we bow the knee to our Lord Jesus Christ to the glory of God the Father.

Uhmmmm..

I hate to break it to you, Trev, but The Son IS The Glory of The Father!

Thus, you keep on proving that The Son is worshiped AS God!

When will you ever learn?

Get out of Christadelphianism......now!

Apple7

Btw you have not taken up the challenge to find a Commentary that supports your narrow view of Hebrews 1:1-2 that it is speaking of God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, and also your view that Melchizedek is the incarnation of God the Holy Spirit. Perhaps I should start quoting some of these Trinitarian Commentaries to show how marginalised are some of your claims based on a “knowledge of the original languages”.

Kind regards
Trevor

Show us exegesis that says otherwise...

Apple7

Greetings again "God's Truth",Psalm 110:1 which you alluded to in your original post is the unravelling of your claims. Psalm 110:1 is a clear testimony to the fact that there is one God, Yahweh, God the Father and that our Lord Jesus Christ is the Son of God. This verse is one of the most quoted and expounded OT verses in the NT, and it cuts across your theories and across Trinitarian ideas as well. I am not ignoring all the Scriptures that you gave, but I am ignoring your misapplication of these Scriptures. Jesus addresses God as His Father in Matthew 11:25 and elsewhere so I find your theory very unusual to say the least.

Kind regards
Trevor

Psalm 110 proves The Trinity.