Christianity And Judaism Divided

CherubRam

No, you didn't. Perhaps you meant to. I looked for them and I found none. Try again and I'll tell what you don't know. BTW, what you thought you did, have absolutely nothing to do with bodily resurrection. The one for instance about being the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob it is just one of the names by which God is known. There is nothing to do with bodily resurrection.

[FONT=&quot]Life Immortal Resurrection[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.” [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 32:39
“See now that I myself am he! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Deuteronomy 30:19
This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Genesis 18:25
Far be it from you to do such a thing—to kill the righteous with the wicked, treating the righteous and the wicked alike. Far be it from you! Will not the Judge of all the earth do right?" [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Job 14:14
If someone dies, will they live again? All the days of my hard service I will wait for my renewal to come. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ezekiel 37
11 Then he said to me: “Son of man, these bones are the people of Israel. They say, ‘Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone; we are cut off.’ 12 Therefore prophesy and say to them: ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: My people, I am going to open your graves and bring you up from them; I will bring you back to the land of Israel. 13 Then you, my people, will know that I am the Lord, when I open your graves and bring you up from them. 14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the Lord have spoken, and I have done it, declares the Lord[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Isaiah 26:19
But your dead will live; their bodies will rise. You who dwell in the dust, wake up and shout for joy. Your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Proverbs 12:28
In the way of righteousness there is life; along that path is immortality.[/FONT]

CherubRam

Prophets spoke by inspiration from the Lord. So, what they said was the Word of the Lord. That Isaiah is speaking about after the final judgement is a Christian doctrine, not Jewish. And don't forget that the Tanach is Jewish. Then that the one cannot return from the grave is true; it is according to the Tanach.

The Lord never promised or allowed immortality as it belongs to God only. If you read Genesis 3:22 the reason why Adam & Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever.

And last but not least, never a Prophet or any of the disciples of Jesus preached resurrection of the dead. Before you quote the NT, let me tell you that not a single writer in the NT was Jewish. They were all Hellenist former disciples of Paul.

And still about the Prophets, I would appreciate if you quoted one who preached bodily resurrection; If I will not be able to explain the text, I'll be ready to join you and become one as you are. Nice deal this of mine.

Welcome aboard Ben.