Christian Ministers to Use 'Magic Mushrooms' for 'Religious Experience' for A Study

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Ive said no such lie as that troll suggests. I quoted Gods word, period and he went nuts, he needs to ask himself why and he needs to leave my thread instead of distupting it with lies.

I'm calm and happy. I'm sorry you feel better than others and want to condemn sinners that are saved by faith through grace.

You are legitimately being hostile and condemning towards me. I don't really care... but I won't tolerate pride and genuine misuse of scripture.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Nowhere does that quote of Gods word that i gave, say anything plus = salvation like you claimed, liar.

Ask yourself why you are being so disruptive and contention at the mention of Gods word.

Can a struggling drug user claim Christ and be saved... while maintaining the struggle?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Nowhere does that quote of Gods word that i gave, say anything plus = salvation like you claimed, liar.

Ask yourself why you are being so disruptive and contention at the mention of Gods word.

Please define repentance. As in... is the saved sinner perfect in the flesh after "repentance"? Not the imputation and trade... the actual works of the flesh.

Your answer?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
An unregenerate cannot regenerate, nor can clean water come from a dirty spring, but as James says "such things ought not be." God will discipline the wayward but we can say 'wrong direction.' Perhaps you and A4T are in friction over correction vs. a need of salvation. Drug use is certainly a sign of either disobedience/lack of discernment/not profitable, but it also 'can' be a sign of no salvation. MAD nor Reformed theology saves, God saves. Anyone caught up in drug use doesn't know what they are missing in Him or their walk with Him, one or the other. I'm not sure there is any disagreement over such, perhaps a need to spell out the difference :idunno: In Him -Lon

This is an easy out for A4T... who I had agreed with in OP and simply cited that grace saves all and judgment of others flesh isn't my style. A4T zeroed in on the verbiage about my friends.

No.

One sinner saved is as saved as another. The fruit inspection ain't ok.

One pig claiming to be cleaner than another pig is simply rediculous. I'm sincerely aware that you and A4T embrace Augustine original sin.

This is why I'm not a fan.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Please leave my thread, you are taking it off topic. I never said any lie you suggest, and i will pray you and your friends receive help for your drug addictions.

I quoted revelation,

Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries(/drug use) nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

The word translated as sorcery there, is the greek word that drugs and pharmacy comes from directly.

your argument is with God, not me, He said it. Also there is a reason that America consumes more drugs than any other country in the world.

Is God so impotent to you, that He will not help stop those who wish to stop? Does He put it into their mouth/veins?

I have compassion for those trapped in sin, but i offer up the solution (Him, on your knees) instead the walk into hell (im ok youre ok and how dare anyone call you on sin and your need for a savior)

My God is strong enough, is yours? Bless me some more for speaking the truth.

God refused to take Paul's thorn. He used it to keep pride away from him.

You disappoint me. I'm kind of surprised at the Self Righteousness here that originally wasn't portrayed as such.

He came for sinners. I'll take my licks here. I'm no more saved then another. It is you who have lied here. So be it.

I initially agreed with you and I stood up for Jesus being the only way on this thread too.

I'm legitimately disgusted!

glorydaz

You disappoint me. I'm kind of surprised at the Self Righteousness here that originally wasn't portrayed as such.

He came for sinners. I'll take my licks here. I'm no more saved then another. It is you who have lied here. So be it.

I initially agreed with you and I stood up for Jesus being the only way on this thread too.

I'm legitimately disgusted!

You should be legitimately disgusted with yourself if you're accusing Angel of lying. Clearly you are mistaken.....reading into what was said, and emboldened by your own arrogance. Retreat and rethink.

Lon

One pig claiming to be cleaner than another pig is simply rediculous. I'm sincerely aware that you and A4T embrace Augustine original sin.

This is why I'm not a fan.
Original sin doesn't have much to do with drug abuse so I'm not sure why that is a polarization. For me, Hebrew 12: God disciplines His own. If they are not disciplined, they are illegitimate children. I'd think most MAD would correct and seek to help someone caught in a drug addiction without necessarily calling their salvation on the table for such. I appreciate your love for a friend, but they are either not saved, or they are headed for God's discipline on the disobedience. I think, necessarily one or the other :e4e: -Lon

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Original sin doesn't have much to do with drug abuse so I'm not sure why that is a polarization. For me, Hebrew 12: God disciplines His own. If they are not disciplined, they are illegitimate children. I'd think most MAD would correct and seek to help someone caught in a drug addiction without necessarily calling their salvation on the table for such. I appreciate your love for a friend, but they are either not saved, or they are headed for God's discipline on the disobedience. I think, necessarily one or the other :e4e: -Lon

We are either saved by obedience or faith. You're double talking and Augustine original sin is the culprit.

Obedience or faith?

God disciplines His children... period.

We all fall short and He died while we were yet sinners. A4T is hiding her self righteousness... but it's there and anyone who reads the Revelation quote of hers and catches her drift that she is saying drug use equals damnation... well... there it is.

[MENTION=13955]glorydaz[/MENTION] ... read the entire conversation from beginning to end... if you still side with A4T... all is well. But...

I know Judgment, Self Righteousness and Works Based teaching when I read it. I'm not budging.

I agreed with the OP premise... and A4T zeroed in on my Christ imparted Compassion for my friends that are struggling with drugs.

Pish Posh! This is a bunch of BULL Hoof!

Obedience or Faith?

Did He come for the "righteous"?

Was it while we were yet sinners?

Oh puh-leeeeeeeeeze

This has been "Eye opening".

Lon

We are either saved by obedience or faith. You're double talking and Augustine original sin is the culprit.

Obedience or faith?
2 Corinthians 5:17 I realize MAD causes a dichotomy of interest between James' Jews and gentiles, but for me, the 'if' rather settles the issue. I don't want to get into loss of salvation issues. "Perseverance" is God in you and me. It is sure to happen. Philippians 2:14 Ephesians 2:10 Hebrews 12:7,8 If we are His, God will end drug addiction one way or the other.
God disciplines His children... period.
:think: Isn't that what I said?

We all fall short and He died while we were yet sinners. A4T is hiding her self righteousness... but it's there and anyone who reads the Revelation quote of hers and catches her drift that she is saying drug use equals damnation... well... there it is.
It is harmful and unproductive. Anyone in Christ, God will end it else we aren't His.

@glorydaz ... read the entire conversation from beginning to end... if you still side with A4T... all is well. But...

I know Judgment, Self Righteousness and Works Based teaching when I read it. I'm not budging.

I agreed with the OP premise... and A4T zeroed in on my Christ imparted Compassion for my friends that are struggling with drugs.

Push Posh! This is a bunch of BULL Hoof!

I think she was simply quoting the verse to show that any drug use is against God and His word. Certainly so it foul language, unrighteous anger, and stealing candy from babies. I suppose implied in the quote is "Hell" but perhaps you or I'd need to ask pertinent questions first? :think:

glorydaz

The ability to make music was given to the line of Cain. Go figure...

Psalm 150:1-6
Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.​

glorydaz

While I haven't "tried out" magic shrooms before, I love other forms of edible mushrooms, they are pretty yummy. If you want to take things further, see Paul's liberal view of giving thanks to 'God' to even food offered to idols! - throw in a few mushrooms,...no biggie. Throw whatever into the pot, just give thanks to God ;) (have fun with it).

Paul's "liberal view" had nothing to do with liberality, but with the fact there is no such thing as idols or false gods. So go ahead and throw in some strychnine, and if you live through it, you can count your lucky stars the Lord had mercy on your stupid self. :chuckle:

glorydaz

OIC... out of everything I wrote... that agrees with your stance... you choose to pick up stones and cast them at the struggling drug addict. They just sin differently than me. I could cloak and claim sinlessness by Jesus Work... which I do... but I know my place and how imputed saint hood isn't a "washing" of the filthy flesh...

Hint... read Peter...

So... now... Faith + Not being a drug user = Salvation...

Do tell GT... Do tell.

You never know a person's heart... but your words are showing that your think you do. Bad Idea. Do you use caffeine? Eat Pork? Are you Sin Free now?

Judge not lest Ye be judged hangs over your head now. Thanks for "re-" interpreting grace through faith for everyone.

Faith * What Angel? Is His Grace sufficient? I don't use drugs, but I have friends that Love God and do. Spoiler alert... they hurt deep down and want to stop... but that thorn is theirs to bear and not mine to judge.

Spoiler
5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.​

Is there a lack of understanding of what 613 points of law means when someone uses "Truth" in their name?

Just as I thought. You jumped too quick and assumed you were being attacked. :nono:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
2 Corinthians 5:17 I realize MAD causes a dichotomy of interest between James' Jews and gentiles, but for me, the 'if' rather settles the issue. I don't want to get into loss of salvation issues. "Perseverance" is God in you and me. It is sure to happen. Philippians 2:14 Ephesians 2:10 Hebrews 12:7,8 If we are His, God will end drug addiction one way or the other.

:think: Isn't that what I said?

It is harmful and unproductive. Anyone in Christ, God will end it else we aren't His.

I think she was simply quoting the verse to show that any drug use is against God and His word. Certainly so it foul language, unrighteous anger, and stealing candy from babies. I suppose implied in the quote is "Hell" but perhaps you or I'd need to ask pertinent questions first? :think:

You should have stopped at harmful and unproductive... the follow up where you say that some are not His if they continue to struggle with drugs... is telling.

Why did God refuse to take Paul's Thorn? Grace isn't promotion or license to sin... it is utter, complete... undeserved merited favor.

UNDESERVED

A Calvinist I'm not and never will be.

I believe His Grace is much more sufficient than you have said here. I refuse to limit His saving power and I damn sure believe John 6:63 and Ephesians 2:8f.

We have found a point of disagreement in your fruit inspection agreement. Sin is sin and forgiven is forgiven...

PERIOD!!!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Just as I thought. You jumped too quick and assumed you were being attacked. :nono:

Angel and Lon have finalized their perspective and I assumed correctly. I didn't perceive attack... but self righteousness. It's in writing now. Lon and Angel share the same perspective and I'm certain of it.

I know Angel is your friend and respect your wisdom.

I have no hatchet with Angel or Lon... but grace is grace and it is under fire.

- EE

glorydaz

I havent failed, Ive won, Jesus sits on the throne and He is strength when i am weak. Thank you for blessing me again in His name.

All i did was quote His word, and you went nuts. Ask yourself why that verse offends you so much, before Him.

PS a thorn in Paul, wasn't a sin he couldn't get help with, that goes against scripture, his thorn most likely was his eyesight.

Shame to you, to make God too weak to help with a sin condition. He sets free, not tells people their bondage is perfectly fine.

True...Paul's thorn had nothing to do with any sin on his part. Some say it was his bad eyesight. I tend to think it was the Jews who continued to attack him and beat him up all the time. Throughout the OT...thorns were people (enemies).

Numbers 33:55 But if ye will not drive out the inhabitants of the land from before you; then it shall come to pass, that those which ye let remain of them shall be pricks in your eyes, and thorns in your sides, and shall vex you in the land wherein ye dwell.

Joshua 23:13 Know for a certainty that the Lord your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the Lord your God hath given you.

Judges 2:3 Wherefore I also said, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare unto you.​

glorydaz

Please understand that I specifically said I don't use drugs. Also, you are the mod of this thread and said that faith plus abstinence from drugs = salvation. You condemned all drug users to hell with your private interpretation of grace that renders Grace meaningless.

WHOA up there. Show me where she did any such thing. Are you talking about her one quote from Revelation? If so, that is nonsense. So.......I'll wait while you show me what I've missed.

glorydaz

Please understand that I specifically said I don't use drugs. Also, you are the mod of this thread and said that faith plus abstinence from drugs = salvation. You condemned all drug users to hell with your private interpretation of grace that renders Grace meaningless.

You have crossed the line here. Let [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ban me from this thread for agreeing with your OP point while simultaneously standing up for the sufficient work of the cross to all man kind.

Faith + Abstinence from drug use?

It's on thread topic and you brought it up.

Liar, please leave my thread, ive said no such lie.

I told you....she didn't say any such thing. :chew:

I've had people assume I meant something I didn't, and it sucks!!!!!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
WHOA up there. Show me where she did any such thing. Are you talking about her one quote from Revelation? If so, that is nonsense. So.......I'll wait while you show me what I've missed.

Angel quoted Rev and Lon confirmed that he believes a struggling drug user that continues to struggle isn't God's.

I don't lie and Honestly... Paul's Thorn is clearly sin. I do what I do not want ties in.

I'm out of this. This is getting more and more GT.