Christian Ministers to Use 'Magic Mushrooms' for 'Religious Experience' for A Study

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
See my previous commentary,...pertinent points to consider there. Note these 'substances' were made by The Creator. You will also note that many herbs, oils, plant/seed substances were used by the Hebrew in their religious worship, ceremonies, anointing oils, incense, etc. These employments obviously have a purpose and do stimulate the senses (or why their special use and formulation???) Plants were given to man as both food and medicine. Wisdom and discretion guides us onto their proper 'use',...as anything COULD be misused. To equate the use of all plants or natural substances as 'pharmakia' or 'witchcraft' is ridiculous,...without further researching their use in religious rites and 'aids' in the enhancement of consciousness and spirit-communion.

For all you know, the 'manna' from heaven could have been 'magic mushrooms' of one form or another, but you'd have to do adequate research to rule that out, besides just assuming to know all about 'God' and his 'creation'. I'd gather there is a lot of real 'hocus pocus' passing off as inane religious beliefs and pre-packaged 'theology' out there mass marketed to 'easy believers', than a real study of 'divine magic' and using your own innate faculties of mind, in true service to Spirit, which is not a dogmatic or cultish enterprise, but an authentic and universal one.

1 Peter 5:8 Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

1 Thessalonians 5:6 so then let us not sleep as others do, but let us be alert and sober.

1 Timothy 3:3 not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money.

Titus 2:12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age

Ephesians 5:8 and not to be drunk with wine in which is debauchery. Instead be filled with the Spirit,

Romans 13:13
Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in carousing and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissension and jealousy.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
And they did not repent of their sorcery/drug use...

OIC... out of everything I wrote... that agrees with your stance... you choose to pick up stones and cast them at the struggling drug addict. They just sin differently than me. I could cloak and claim sinlessness by Jesus Work... which I do... but I know my place and how imputed saint hood isn't a "washing" of the filthy flesh...

Hint... read Peter...

So... now... Faith + Not being a drug user = Salvation...

Do tell GT... Do tell.

You never know a person's heart... but your words are showing that your think you do. Bad Idea. Do you use caffeine? Eat Pork? Are you Sin Free now?

Judge not lest Ye be judged hangs over your head now. Thanks for "re-" interpreting grace through faith for everyone.

Faith * What Angel? Is His Grace sufficient? I don't use drugs, but I have friends that Love God and do. Spoiler alert... they hurt deep down and want to stop... but that thorn is theirs to bear and not mine to judge.

5 Listen, my dear brothers and sisters: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him? 6 But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court? 7 Are they not the ones who are blaspheming the noble name of him to whom you belong?

8 If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, “Love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you are doing right. 9 But if you show favoritism, you sin and are convicted by the law as lawbreakers. 10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,” also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.​

Is there a lack of understanding of what 613 points of law means when someone uses "Truth" in their name?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
OIC... out of everything I wrote... that agrees with your stance... you choose to pick up stones and cast them at the struggling drug addict. They just sin differently than me. I could cloak and claim sinlessness by Jesus Work... which I do... but I know my place and how imputed saint hood isn't a "washing" of the filthy flesh...

Hint... read Peter...

So... now... Faith + Not being a drug user = Salvation...

Do tell GT... Do tell.

You never know a person's heart... but your words are showing that your think you do. Bad Idea. Do you use caffeine? Eat Pork? Are you Sin Free now?

Judge not lest Ye be judged hangs over your head now. Thanks for "re-" interpreting grace through faith for everyone.

Faith * What Angel? Is His Grace sufficient? I don't use drugs, but I have friends that Love God and do. Spoiler alert... they hurt deep down and want to stop... but that thorn is theirs to bear and not mine to judge.

I quoted revelation,

Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries(/drug use) nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

The word translated as sorcery there, is the greek word that drugs and pharmacy comes from directly.

your argument is with God, not me, He said it. Also there is a reason that America consumes more drugs than any other country in the world.

Is God so impotent to you, that He will not help stop those who wish to stop? Does He put it into their mouth/veins?

I have compassion for those trapped in sin, but i offer up the solution (Him, on your knees) instead the walk into hell (im ok youre ok and how dare anyone call you on sin and your need for a savior)

My God is strong enough, is yours? Bless me some more for speaking the truth.

Last edited:

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I quoted revelation,

Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent of their murders nor of their sorceries(/drug use) nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

The word translated as sorcery there, is the greek word that drugs and pharmacy comes from directly.

your argument is with God, not me, He said it. Also there is a reason that America consumes more drugs than any other country in the world.

Is God so impotent to you, that He will not help stop those who wish to stop? Does He put it into their mouth/veins?

I have compassion for those trapped in sin, but i offer up the solution (Him, on your knees) instead the walk into hell (im ok youre ok and how dare anyone call you on sin and your need for a savior)

My God is strong enough, is yours? Bless me some more for speaking the truth.

You're full of it! You now define repentance as carnal accomplishment. We're done here. It's your thread. Turn and rend me now. Have fun with that psychotic hamster wheel.

giphy.gif

Faith + What?

2 Cor. 12:7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations,a a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.​

# That's why you fail

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
# That's why you fail

I havent failed, Ive won, Jesus sits on the throne and He is strength when i am weak. Thank you for blessing me again in His name.

All i did was quote His word, and you went nuts. Ask yourself why that verse offends you so much, before Him.

PS a thorn in Paul, wasn't a sin he couldn't get help with, that goes against scripture, his thorn most likely was his eyesight.

Shame to you, to make God too weak to help with a sin condition. He sets free, not tells people their bondage is perfectly fine.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
I havent failed, Ive won, Jesus sits on the throne and He is strength when i am weak. Thank you for blessing me again in His name.

All i did was quote His word, and you went nuts. Ask yourself why that verse offends you so much, before Him.

Faith + what?

Foolish Galatian!!! Who has beguiled you?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Please leave my thread, you are taking it off topic. I never said any lie you suggest, and i will pray you and your friends receive help for your drug addictions.

Please understand that I specifically said I don't use drugs. Also, you are the mod of this thread and said that faith plus abstinence from drugs = salvation. You condemned all drug users to hell with your private interpretation of grace that renders Grace meaningless.

You have crossed the line here. Let [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION] ban me from this thread for agreeing with your OP point while simultaneously standing up for the sufficient work of the cross to all man kind.

Faith + Abstinence from drug use?

It's on thread topic and you brought it up.

Lon

Faith + what?

Foolish Galatian!!! Who has beguiled you?

An unregenerate cannot regenerate, nor can clean water come from a dirty spring, but as James says "such things ought not be." God will discipline the wayward but we can say 'wrong direction.' Perhaps you and A4T are in friction over correction vs. a need of salvation. Drug use is certainly a sign of either disobedience/lack of discernment/not profitable, but it also 'can' be a sign of no salvation. MAD nor Reformed theology saves, God saves. Anyone caught up in drug use doesn't know what they are missing in Him or their walk with Him, one or the other. I'm not sure there is any disagreement over such, perhaps a need to spell out the difference :idunno: In Him -Lon

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
An unregenerate cannot regenerate, nor can clean water come from a dirty spring, but as James says "such things ought not be." God will discipline the wayward but we can say 'wrong direction.' Perhaps you and A4T are in friction over correction vs. a need of salvation. Drug use is certainly a sign of either disobedience/lack of discernment/not profitable, but it also 'can' be a sign of no salvation. MAD nor Reformed theology saves, God saves. Anyone caught up in drug use doesn't know what they are missing in Him or their walk with Him, one or the other. I'm not sure there is any disagreement over such, perhaps a need to spell out the difference :idunno: In Him -Lon

Ive said no such lie as that troll suggests. I quoted Gods word, period and he went nuts, he needs to ask himself why and he needs to leave my thread instead of distupting it with lies.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Ive said no such lie as that troll suggests. I quoted Gods word, period and he went nuts, he needs to ask himself why and he needs to leave my thread instead of distupting it with lies.

I'm a troll for standing up for my Christian friends that struggle with drugs while agreeing with your OP point?