Christian censorship: Atheist billboard taken down

kmoney

Hall of Fame
On the other hand, for a message intended to express solidarity with non-believers, the Christmas season is exactly the most timely part of the year, precisely because of what is happening in the dominant culture.

I think you're assuming the target audience is really Christians. I don't think that's true.

It's not always about you, man. :madmad:

:)

I agree. I haven't read this whole thread but it was a pretty innocuous billboard and the timing makes sense. :idunno:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I didn't waste the time it would take to read through this entire thread...

I haven't read this whole thread...

image.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:thumb:

:darwinsm:
So who was I calling names again? I'll wait while you don't really care. Because if I'd defended the sign you'd have been front and center on the other side of it. No question about it.

i believe it's one way that they celebrate the "holy month" of december :chuckle:
I think it's refreshing to see you admit you find the holy laughable...something to use to fuel that obsession. Anyone get a count on how many posts about me since the last ban? :plain:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
So who was I calling names again?

:think:

Some of you...

whattsamatta - reading your dreck bores you to sleep too? :chuckle:

I'll wait while you don't really care.

you can wait while I finish picking my toes at your dinner table if you like :idunno:

Because if I'd defended the sign you'd have been front and center on the other side of it.

no, that's retarded

and more than a little paranoid

but just an fyi - if you find yourself disagreeing with fool, chances are pretty good that you're being a retard

that fool is nobody's fool :thumb:

No question about it.

perhaps not, to a paranoid retard

speaking of retarded:
I think it's refreshing to see you admit you find the holy laughable...

:mock:town

and tell me, why do you posture with "the holy"?

is it like your bizarre fascination with "the compact"?

something to use to fuel that obsession. Anyone get a count on how many posts about me since the last ban? :plain:

speaking of obsessions :darwinsm:

lemmee tell you something town - when I log onto the site, I check the active board, exclusively - I never look in the forums

after I look through what's active and respond to whatever strikes my fancy, I often search for the latest by the board tards - you, Barbie, squeaky....

you guys are comedy gold! :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think:
whattsamatta - reading your dreck bores you to sleep too? :chuckle:
So no particular person, only noting the similarity of zealots. I suppose then the offense is generated by the person who self identifies.

you can wait while I finish picking my toes at your dinner table if you like :idunno:
Is this a forerunner of your he-man, paper courage again? Because I can't tell you how impressive it was the last time out. Really powerful stuff. :plain:

but just an fyi - if you find yourself disagreeing with fool, chances are pretty good that you're being a retard
I think you'd agree with the devil if it gave you any sense of relief in relation to me. I've now watched you applaud staunch Catholics who would deride your purported faith and atheists in that very attempt.

It's truly astounding, but there it is.

I like him fine, agree or not. Here we don't. The world won't end because of it. Heck he and I disagree on the existence of God. You think he's no fool on that count? I'll wait while you don't run and tell him, repeatedly, how you'll enjoy watching him burn in hell.

And it's that pointing out what's really important to you and what you merely use.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
dude - you argued that December is the holy month of Christianity :darwinsm:

why not put aside the prideful lawyer and admit that yeah, that was pretty retarded?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
dude - you argued that December is the holy month of Christianity :darwinsm:
No, I didn't argue. I stated it. And when a couple of heathens tried to turn it into an issue (a sure sign of a winning argument on the actual point) I noted that it is the month in which Christianity celebrates the birth of its savior, a celebration that takes up a good bit of the month for most Christians.

why not put aside the prideful lawyer and admit that yeah, that was pretty [omitted illustration of character flaw]?
Because I haven't changed my mind about it and haven't heard a reason against it.

Why don't you just admit that all that's ever been important to you is the focus of your malice. Which is why you can be "outraged" about Rusha, who is a friend of mine and contrary to you and something quite different when it comes to someone you can side with in this pathetic, ongoing attempt to score any semblance of a point against me. Or, as I put it:

I like him fine, agree or not. Here we don't. The world won't end because of it. Heck he and I disagree on the existence of God. You think he's no fool on that count? I'll wait while you don't run and tell him, repeatedly, how you'll enjoy watching him burn in hell.

And it's that pointing out what's really important to you and what you merely use.

Goodnight, Gracie.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
dude - you stated that December is the holy month of Christianity :darwinsm:

why not put aside the prideful lawyer and admit that yeah, that was pretty retarded?

eta: either way, I'm planning to have a field day at your expense next November 30th :banana:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
what you said, verbatim, wuz:

:darwinsm:
I wonder how many posts you'll put up after the post where I literally set your hypocrisy out before you'll feel safe from it. Well, it's still back there. And you're still not answering it. Don't worry, I doubt many will care one way or the other. But I know and you know and anyone who can read will have to if they give it a moment's thought.

I guess that will have to do. :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think I see the bone of contention here. You see the billboard as utilizing negative responses for free publicity. I don't see any good reason for there to be negative responses in the first place.
Not sure how I missed this, but I wish I hadn't. That's exactly it. Your response to the billboard though is as irrelevant as a white man's to "Redskins". Most wouldn't see any good reason for taking offense if you believe the polling.

Daedalean's_Sun

Not sure how I missed this, but I wish I hadn't. That's exactly it. Your response to the billboard though is as irrelevant as a white man's to "Redskins". Most wouldn't see any good reason for taking offense if you believe the polling.

And yet if people taking offense is your metric, then atheist billboards would be tasteless year-round. There is no way you can frame this argument in such a way that it is only tasteless during Christmas. If the response of the offended were a relevant factor, then it would remain a relevant factor in all cases, not just the ones convenient to your argument.

And it seems pretty clear to me if the intent was to offend for the sake of free publicity then the ad-makers would have specifically chosen an inflammatory ad, something like what Angel4Truth had shown earlier. Yet the ad-makers chose the least offensive ad they could for the given subject matter.

Granite

Hall of Fame
And yet if people taking offense is your metric, then atheist billboards would be tasteless year-round. There is no way you can frame this argument in such a way that it is only tasteless during Christmas. If the response of the offended were a relevant factor, then it would remain a relevant factor in all cases, not just the ones convenient to your argument.

And it seems pretty clear to me if the intent was to offend for the sake of free publicity then the ad-makers would have specifically chosen an inflammatory ad, something like what Angel4Truth had shown earlier. Yet the ad-makers chose the least offensive ad they could for the given subject matter.

If you really want to split hairs TH could theoretically mean it's especially tasteless around Christmastime. Although a case could be made for Easter, too, or if the billboards were (somehow) only visible on Sundays, for that matter.

Much ado about nothing from people used to getting their way for a very long time.