Christian against Christian

CherubRam

You need to understand that Orthodox has nothing to do with the truth and everything to do with conformity to the established religious practices and teachings.

So, stop using the word Orthodox incorrectly.
Paganism joined to God is not orthodox doctrine.
Sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, especially theological or religious doctrine.

CherubRam

When I say Judaic Christian Bible, I mean not so much as a hint of Paganism in it. FYI. The Catholics destroyed the original text and supplied their own Pagan versions of scriptures. In the original New Testament scriptures was the name of God. That is the tip of the iceberg. And the list goes on and on.

Bradley D

Yahshua was against the Rabbi's oral teachings that did not agree with scriptures.

As for being Christians under the New Covenant, there are only two legal aspects to consider, the Seventh Day Sabbath, and the moral commands of God.

There are only two "legal aspects" for me to consider.

Love God and Love Neighbor.

“ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40).

If a Christian follows these two commandments they will be keeping all of God's Commandments.

brewmama

According to scripture Christians are divided against each other by Secret Societies, and as to what correct doctrine is. All bible versions of today are produced by Secret Societies. Not one bible of today is a Judaic Bible. Judaic means, pertaining to Orthodox teachings of the original Judaism.

So? Jesus used the septuagint.

brewmama

When I say Judaic Christian Bible, I mean not so much as a hint of Paganism in it. FYI. The Catholics destroyed the original text and supplied their own Pagan versions of scriptures. In the original New Testament scriptures was the name of God. That is the tip of the iceberg. And the list goes on and on.

Ahh, now I getcha. :freak:

CherubRam

“ ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments” (Matthew 22:37-40).

If a Christian follows these two commandments they will be keeping all of God's Commandments.

For the love of God will you keep His Sabbath?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If you study Gods law you will see those two great commandments are defined into things you can understand so you can apply them.

You do not have to literalize everything if you have understanding in your heart.

For example, if you see your neighbours animal astray then you can bring it back to your neigbour, or you can say tough luck buddy it is not my concern.

Which action would be the keeping of Gods law in loving your neighbor?

Now if you say that you do not have to bring back to your neighbour his purse you found because the law does not say that then you do what the Pharisees did and do, who break Gods law.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For the love of God will you keep His Sabbath?

One problem you may have is that if you keep the Sabbath as written in the law by not working on the 7th day, but do not keep the Sabbath of the heart, then your Sabbath keeping is worthless.

Also it is that if you keep the Sabbath in the heart, then you are keeping the law even if you can not rest on the 7th day.

Such a person of course who is keeping the law in the heart is not working for selfish things.

If you believe you are keeping the Sabbath law by only resting on the 7th day then you have not yet found rest in Christ.

LA

daqq

There simply is no evidence for what you have said in the portion highlighted in yellow. In fact there is enough evidence to understand where exactly the Name is implied, that is, at least in the Gospel accounts which are the cornerstone containing the Testimony of Yeshua and many Tanach quotes, (and, yes, mostly from the Septuagint as someone else has already said). In the Septuagint, where we see the Name having been rendered as "Kurios", we do not find the definite article because the translators of the Septuagint follow this practice from the Hebrew, (Hebrew does not tolerate a definite article with proper nouns such as names). This same practice is likewise followed in the Apostolic writings because the authors follow the practice carried over from the Septuagint. Therefore, if you pay close enough attention in your studies, you may know when Kurios is employed for the Name and when it rather means "the Master" because whenever you see Kurios, Kuriou, Kurie, etc., with the definite article it does not mean the Name of YHWH but rather, "the Master", "the Lord", etc., etc., (but this does become a little fuzzy sometimes in the writings of Paul which is why we need the Gospel accounts and the Testimony of Yeshua to set the standard and tone for the writings of Paul). Here is just one simple example in transliteration:

Matthew 1:20 Transliterated Unaccented
20. tauta de autou enthumethentos idou angelos Kuriou kat onar efane auto legon "Iosef huios Dauid me fobethes paralabein Mariam ten gunaika sou to gar en aute gennethen ek Pneumatos estin Hagiou

We see no article with "angelos Kuriou" which is therefore "Angel of YHWH".

Matthew 1:20
20. But thinking on these things, behold, [a] Malak of YHWH appeared to him by a dream, saying, Yosef, son of David, fear not to receive your woman, Mariam, for that generated in her is from Spirit, it is Hagiou.

Last edited:

CherubRam

There simply is no evidence for what you have said in the portion highlighted in yellow. In fact there is enough evidence to understand where exactly the Name is implied, that is, at least in the Gospel accounts which are the cornerstone containing the Testimony of Yeshua and many Tanach quotes, (and, yes, mostly from the Septuagint as someone else has already said). In the Septuagint, where we see the Name having been rendered as "Kurios", we do not find the definite article because the translators of the Septuagint follow this practice from the Hebrew, (Hebrew does not tolerate a definite article with proper nouns such as names). This same practice is likewise followed in the Apostolic writings because the authors follow the practice carried over from the Septuagint. Therefore, if you pay close enough attention in your studies, you may know when Kurios is employed for the Name and when it rather means "the Master" because whenever you see Kurios, Kuriou, Kurie, etc., with the definite article it does not mean the Name of YHWH but rather, "the Master", "the Lord", etc., etc., (but this does become a little fuzzy sometimes in the writings of Paul which is why we need the Gospel accounts and the Testimony of Yeshua to set the standard and tone for the writings of Paul). Here is just one simple example in transliteration:

Matthew 1:20 Transliterated Unaccented
20. tauta de autou enthumethentos idou angelos Kuriou kat onar efane auto legon "Iosef huios Dauid me fobethes paralabein Mariam ten gunaika sou to gar en aute gennethen ek Pneumatos estin Hagiou

We see no article with "angelos Kuriou" which is therefore "Angel of YHWH".

Matthew 1:20
20. But thinking on these things, behold, [a] Malak of YHWH appeared to him by a dream, saying, Yosef, son of David, fear not to receive your woman, Mariam, for that generated in her is from Spirit, it is Hagiou.

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."

According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Where do you see the name Yahwah in the New Testament?

CherubRam

One problem you may have is that if you keep the Sabbath as written in the law by not working on the 7th day, but do not keep the Sabbath of the heart, then your Sabbath keeping is worthless.

Also it is that if you keep the Sabbath in the heart, then you are keeping the law even if you can not rest on the 7th day.

Such a person of course who is keeping the law in the heart is not working for selfish things.

If you believe you are keeping the Sabbath law by only resting on the 7th day then you have not yet found rest in Christ.

LA
Will you show us this scripture you are talking about?

daqq

Yahwah's name was in the original New Testament scriptures

After killing Hebrew Christians, the Jews would take the New testament scripture written in Hebrew, and carefully cut the name of God out. Then they would place the divine name in a safe place to keep. Following that, they then would burn the remainder of the scrolls in a fire. Rabbi Yose who lived during the second century AD states that, "One cuts out the reference to the Divine Name which are in them [the New Testament writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns." One of his characteristic sayings is, "He who proclaimed the coming of the Messiah,[John] and he who hated scholars [Yahshua] and his disciples; and that false prophet and those slanderers, will have no part in the future world."

According to Wilhelm Bacher this was directed against the Hebrew Christians. And so it is an established fact then, that the disciples of Christ did in fact write the Holy Name of God into the original New Testament.

John 17:11
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

Hebrews 2:12
He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises.”

Where do you see the name Yahwah in the New Testament?

If it was originally there I do not think it would have been the same as your own unique English transliteration "spelling". However the Name of the Father is not just a spelling but rather, as everyone should know, a name invokes character, quality, attributes, authority, testimony, and many other qualities. To be immersed in the name of the Father, (Matthew 28:19) is to be immersed in all of His Word which is Torah at the very least and more likely all of TaNaK, (and the name of the Son is at the very least the Testimony of Yeshua in the Gospel accounts). For the same reason Yeshua does not need to speak the name of the Father in the passages you quote from because his disciples had been with him throughout his earthly ministry and, thus, he had immersed them in the name of the Father by his teachings, parables, and doctrines. I therefore do not believe the name of the Father was even supposed to originally have been in those passages because it would detract from the fuller meaning. In addition I believe the KJV is more correct in rendering the passage you quote from, (John 17:11) and this is shown by the overall context:

John 17:6-26 KJV
6. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
12. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

This passage has nothing to do with the spelling of the name of the Father and, if it was indeed written therein, it would detract from the supernal depth of the meaning of the passage. In addition the context does not fit with your version of John 17:11 which purports to say that Yeshua was given the same name as that of the Father YHWH. Every other statement surrounding that statement concerns those whom the Father gave to the Son with the only exception being the son of perdition so that the scripture might be fulfilled.

CherubRam

If it was originally there I do not think it would have been the same as your own unique English transliteration "spelling". However the Name of the Father is not just a spelling but rather, as everyone should know, a name invokes character, quality, attributes, authority, testimony, and many other qualities. To be immersed in the name of the Father, (Matthew 28:19) is to be immersed in all of His Word which is Torah at the very least and more likely all of TaNaK, (and the name of the Son is at the very least the Testimony of Yeshua in the Gospel accounts). For the same reason Yeshua does not need to speak the name of the Father in the passages you quote from because his disciples had been with him throughout his earthly ministry and, thus, he had immersed them in the name of the Father by his teachings, parables, and doctrines. I therefore do not believe the name of the Father was even supposed to originally have been in those passages because it would detract from the fuller meaning. In addition I believe the KJV is more correct in rendering the passage you quote from, (John 17:11) and this is shown by the overall context:

John 17:6-26 KJV
6. I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
7. Now they have known that all things whatsoever thou hast given me are of thee.
8. For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
9. I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
10. And all mine are thine, and thine are mine; and I am glorified in them.
11. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.
12. While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.
13. And now come I to thee; and these things I speak in the world, that they might have my joy fulfilled in themselves.
14. I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
15. I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16. They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
18. As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
19. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.
20. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
21. That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
22. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
23. I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
24. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
25. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me.
26. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

This passage has nothing to do with the spelling of the name of the Father and, if it was indeed written therein, it would detract from the supernal depth of the meaning of the passage. In addition the context does not fit with your version of John 17:11 which purports to say that Yeshua was given the same name as that of the Father YHWH. Every other statement surrounding that statement concerns those whom the Father gave to the Son with the only exception being the son of perdition so that the scripture might be fulfilled.

There are Old Testament quotes in the New Testament, for which in the original Old Testament text shows God's personal name.

The word "manifest" means to (make known.)

man·i·fest1
ˈmanəˌfest/
adjective
adjective: manifest

clear or obvious to the eye or mind.
"the system's manifest failings"
synonyms: obvious, clear, plain, apparent, evident, patent, palpable, distinct, definite, blatant, overt, glaring, barefaced, explicit, transparent, conspicuous, undisguised, unmistakable, noticeable, perceptible, visible, recognizable
"his manifest lack of interest"
antonyms: secret

verb
verb: manifest
; 3rd person present: manifests; past tense: manifested; past participle: manifested; gerund or present participle: manifesting

display or show (a quality or feeling) by one's acts or appearance; demonstrate.
"Ray manifested signs of severe depression"
synonyms: display, show, exhibit, demonstrate, betray, present, reveal; formalevince
"she manifested signs of depression"

CherubRam

Besides the fact that he quoted it you mean?

The translators have Yahshua quoting the Septuagint about 90% of the time. Comparing the oldest New Testament quotes to the latest ones, there is an indication that translators made it appear Yahshua used the Septuagint; when actually it was the Masoretic. Being the first born, Yahshua would have learned the Hebrew and Aramaic text of the Tanakh for Rabbinic Judaism. Mary his mother was from a Levite family. And his father Joseph was from the Royal line.

CherubRam

The Septuagint is a poor translation of scriptures. What is good about the Septuagint, is that it shows which text belong in the bible. The Masoretic text had some text added to them at a late date, most likely by the Hellenistic Jews.