Catholicism's Opposition to the Bible

Eagles Wings

I have many friends of the RCC who faithfully read and study Scripture. The OP is a lame attempt to lump all Catholics as biblically illiterate, or not desiring the Word of God.

We can disagree with the Magisterium of the RCC as non-Catholics, but we can't possibly know the state of the soul of each of it's members.

rexlunae

Is this how you talk to your kids?

For example:

"E.W., your friends are idiots, now prove to me why you want to play with them. Oh, you don't want to tell me why you like them because I've already judged them to be idiots? Then you are an idiot, too."

Except he didn't call you an idiot. The fact that you apparently read it in his post is a problem with your reading, not a problem with what he said. You made a spurious accusation, and when asked about it, you refused to elaborate.

Eagles Wings

Except he didn't call you an idiot. The fact that you apparently read it in his post is a problem with your reading, not a problem with what he said. You made a spurious accusation, and when asked about it, you refused to elaborate.
Appreciate your input. I'll talk with Cruciform about it.

Cruciform

Is this how you talk to your kids? For example:

"E.W., your friends are idiots, now prove to me why you want to play with them. Oh, you don't want to tell me why you like them because I've already judged them to be idiots? Then you are an idiot, too."
I don't know where you obtained this quotation, but it certainly wasn't from any of my posts. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else?

Eagles Wings

I don't know where you obtained this quotation, but it certainly wasn't from any of my posts. Perhaps you have me confused with someone else?
The quotation is my own, Cruciform, and I regret using the word idiot. Is it possible to interact with you without your using the canned response regarding man-made, non-Catholic sects?

Cruciform

The quotation is my own, Cruciform, and I regret using the word idiot. Is it possible to interact with you without your using the canned response regarding man-made, non-Catholic sects?
It is not a "canned response," but rather a well-thought-out and meaningful one. Every word of it has significance. Which term(s) in my description would you dispute, and why?

Cruciform

:yawn: ad hominem Eph 4:14, 2 Ti 1:7
No ad hominem whatsoever, but merely a straightforward observation. Eph. 4:14; 2 Tim. 1:7

Gendron is a fine servant of the Lord.
Do "fine servants of the Lord" deliberately lie, misrepresent others' beliefs, and bear false witness against their neighbor" (Ex. 20:16; Prov. 13:5; 19:5)? :think:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
God will save whom He will regardless.

My experience is that very few in the RCC pledge their total allegiance to the Magisterium anyway.

We know our Sovereign God can save anyone out of their ignorance, rebellion and wrong beliefs.
:thumb: He has rescued many people out of the Roman Catholic religion (Jud 11 :burnlib:).

Cruciform

:thumb: He has rescued many people out of the Roman Catholic religion (Jud 11 :burnlib:).
He has rescued many people out of the subjective interpretive chaos and factionalism of Protestantism (Jude 11)---myself among them. God's grace be praised!

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Let the reader decide (Eph 4:14). :peach: ] No need...

:peach: The reader will decide for himself (Eph 4:14). :idea: Your religion :eek:linger: tried very hard to murder Jews and believers :listen: but you will not succeed (Mt 16:18). You're going to be bummin' soon :burnlib: (Re 18:8). :popcorn:

Cruciform

The reader will decide for himself (Eph 4:14).
...and he will do so either rightly or wrongly, so your statement means exactly nothing. Shall I quote from a textbook on logic regarding the proper definition of an "ad hominem argument"? (Eph. 4:14)

Back to Post #57 above.