Carl's Jr. makes me sick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Zakath
I wouldn't know what the book shows. I wasn't offered a courtesy copy, even though a significant amount of the material is mine... :nono:

... about what I would expect from a money-grubbing media personality.
Does he or anyone else on this board have your mailing address? I thought you were all secretive about your identity.

If he had offered to send you a free copy, you probably would have accused him of having some ulterior motive for wanting your address. You've done that before.

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
You are correct in that I do prefer to maintain some anonymity due to nature of some of the folks that post here. Particularly after those death threats from two of the charmers who used to post here... :rolleyes:

I could, perhaps work something out with a PO box...

PM me if you would like to discuss it further.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Aww, give him time. Perhaps he just hasn't sunk that low yet...

Bob better quite selling his book "The Plot" then. Most of his material would have to be scrapped. A healing ministry totally opposes what Bob teaches on that very subject.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by erinmarie
death threats? yikes!
I think they were probably just nut-cases, but I've got a wife and had kids living at home at the time. It doesn't hurt to be cautious. :thumb:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Shimei
Bob better quite selling his book "The Plot" then. Most of his material would have to be scrapped. A healing ministry totally opposes what Bob teaches on that very subject.
So he's not a "healing is for today" sort of fellow, eh?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath,
If I recall correctly, back when you were a Christian, you were a "healing is for today" sort of fellow. Is that correct?

frugalmom

Night Elf
And if it wasn't for me, TOL wouldn't have a thread with 30,000+ hits. :think:

That is not something exclusively to do with you. Enyart would have whooped any atheist.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Turbo
Zakath,
If I recall correctly, back when you were a Christian, you were a "healing is for today" sort of fellow. Is that correct?
I was a "charismaniac" of sorts, yes. ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by frugalmom
That is not something exclusively to do with you. Enyart would have whooped any atheist.
It's not likely that he'd get too many other atheists to debate him. :D

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And didn't you ultimately forsake Christianity because you did not see evidence that supernatural healings and such were happening? Didn't you reason that if there are no miracles and supernatural healings happening today, then the God of the Bible does not exist?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's not likely that he'd get too many other atheists to debate him. :D
He didn't have trouble finding a few to step in for you in your absense.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
And didn't you ultimately forsake Christianity because you did not see evidence that supernatural healings and such were happening? Didn't you reason that if there are no miracles and supernatural healings happening today, then the God of the Bible does not exist?
Not as simple as that, no. It was merely one of a number of contributing factors. But there were plenty of denominations and independent fellowships I could have moved into that waved the dispensational wand to banish such difficulties... :)

My difficulties with the existence of the deity were far more profound than evidence (or lack thereof) for modern-day charismata...

edited to fix typo - :freak: - Z

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Zakath, I got the impression from your posts while back that the absense of miracles did cause you to reject the God of the Bible, because according to your understanding, the Bible taught that one should expect some supernatural assistance now and then if one prayed for it.

If that was not your primary difficulty with the existence of a deity, what was?

Last edited:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Zakath, I got the impression from your post that the absense of miracles did cause you to reject the God of the Bible, because according to your understanding, the Bible taught that one should expect some supernatural assistance now and then if one prayed for it.
As I mentioned above, the the deity's consistent "no-show" behavior over a period of years was certainly a contributing factor.

If that was not your primary difficulty with the existence of a deity, what was?
I wouldn't say that I have a single paramount issue, it was a combination of a number of issues and difficulties. The issues and difficulties eventually caused me to resign my pastorate since I couldn't in good conscience continue to preach what I did not believe. Continued investigation of church history, the bible, and prayer led me away from the church and the belief in deity all-together.

That's it, in a nutshell. :thumb:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER

Did you believe in instant healing?

Could you please explain the whole scam to "Freak" then?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You mentioned that you could have "waved the dispensational wand to banish such difficulties." Have you studied/investigated dispensationalism?

If so, in what way do you find dispensationalism to be in error?

Status
Not open for further replies.