Canada bans 1500 kinds of military style weapons.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Originally posted by eider View Post
You get injured by some nut who was careless or reckless with a gun.
The hospital bills. The loss of wages for many weeks. The injury causing disability for life.
What is that cost in dollars?
Now show me how you'll get any compensation.

OK...... so you sue..... you make claim against the plaintiff.
The (High) Court finds that your medical costs and lost wages expenses amount to $275,000 and that costs associated with your permanent disability amount to $690,000.
The Court awards punitive damages as well, and awards all against the plaintiff.
The Plaintiff cannot pay, lives in a rented trailer home with no assets and is our of work.

Where is your money coming from?
Guess I'm out of luck.

eider

Guess I'm out of luck.

So you've learned something.
The whole point of insurance is that the victims of gun accidents, crimes, torts etc......... can be protected financially.owners.
And you can't.......... you don't have mandatory all risks insurance for gun users, holders,

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Canada bans 1500 kinds of military style weapons

This should put to the test all those apocalyptic predictions from America's gun lobby as to the dire consequences that would surely ensue should there be any restrictions placed on gun owner!ship!

At the very least, Canadians should be prepared for their democratic institutions coming under attack, the Prime Minister's refusal to accept the outcome of the next election and the prospect of its authoritarian leaders resorting to the deployment of federal forces as their private state police to quell any public dissent - all in the name of restoring "law and order!"

Last edited:

Idolater

So you've learned something.
The whole point of insurance is that the victims of gun accidents, crimes, torts etc......... can be protected financially.owners.
And you can't.......... you don't have mandatory all risks insurance for gun users, holders,
We don't have that for anything, other accidents, crimes, torts etc. Does the UK?

Idolater

Canada bans 1500 kinds of military style weapons

This should put to the test all those apocalyptic predictions from America's gun lobby as to the dire consequences that would surely ensue should there be any restrictions placed on gun owner!ship!

At the very least, Canadians should be prepared for their democratic institutions will come under attack, the Prime Minister's refusal to accept the outcome of the next election and the prospect of its authoritarian leaders resorting to the deployment of federal forces as their private state police to quell any public dissent - all in the name of restoring "law and order!"
The consequentialist argument against restricting a human right isn't the thrust of its defense, it's merely concomitant. The thrust of the argument is because it's immoral to do it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The consequentialist argument against restricting a human right isn't the thrust of its defense, it's merely concomitant. The thrust of the argument is because it's immoral to do it.

Dude you gotta like dumb it down or he won't understand.

eider

You're presumptuous then.

Foolish idea!
How is seeking for any kind of discovery presumptive?

And you took so long to figure out what you would do that you've shown us that you'd be in a complete dead loss on the day, in the minute.
I wondered if you could make any kind of answer 'there and then'.
It told me how much experience you really do have ..... is all.

eider

We don't have that for anything, other accidents, crimes, torts etc. Does the UK?

We don't have 300+ million guns awash in our country.
And we don't have an NRA which is creaking at the seams with corruption at the top....... or so we hear.

Idolater

How is seeking for any kind of discovery presumptive?
Why that's not presumptuous at all!
And you took so long to figure out what you would do
That's presumption.
that you've shown us that you'd be in a complete dead loss on the day, in the minute.
I did no such thing. Because we live in a country with like 400 million civilian owned guns lots of us have spent long hours thinking through all sorts of scenarios where we'd be armed and the situation might require that we use our arms to defend either our own lives /limbs, or someone else's, like our families, or neighbors. We do it all the time, and have been doing it all the time for decades. All the time, Eider. I know that you over across the pond don't do that and that's because I'm guessing, first blush, because you don't have 120 guns per every 100 of yous over there. If we have a gun here, it's possible that we'll consider different scenarios that might occur---might (unlikely but possible)---and how we would respond.
I wondered if you could make any kind of answer 'there and then'.
Right. Totally fine thing to wonder.
It told me how much experience you really do have ..... is all.
Presumption again.