Theology Club: can ya help a brother out

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A reminder. This isn't the place to bicker with each other.

You must be a Theology Club member to post in the MidActs Dispensationalism Forum. Becoming a member is easy and free. You can join the club here. For the most part anyone who applies will be accepted into the Theology Club.

However...

To remain in the theology Club you will need to be able to play well with others. The Theology Club is for folks who do not wish to bicker, fight, play games, obfuscate, or otherwise present themselves as a distraction to the discussion.

Thread derailment will NOT be tolerated. Stay on topic!!!

The MidActs Dispensationalism Forum is a PRO-dispensationalism theology forum. In other words this forum is intended to primarily discuss dispensationalism from the perspective that it is the correct biblical view. That does not mean that the view cannot be questioned or debated, instead it simply means this forum will not be a place for those that disagree to grandstand or monopolize the forum or mock the position that this forum represents.

If a person is not following the above stated rules they will be removed from the Theology Club and will no longer be able to make posts in this forum.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. :up:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
lol - come on; let's see more of that potty mouth you posted and then erased :chuckle:

Rom. 5:8
Acts 17:11,12
I have erased nothing.
Once AGAIN, you are dead wrong about me.
Just like you are with so many others.

Danoh

For someone like you, no reason at all.

Were we not just now warned against continuing to derail this thread - what; are you special?

Back to the issues at hand - questions about one passage or another, lol

Danoh

Yes you were.

You assert I was the only one being warned - that only reveals your double-standard.

All I did was attempt to encourage the guy to consider the use of various study principles.

You and yours took offence, and made an issue where there was none; as usual.

Lone Star, as I found out long ago: you can't go wrong looking into study principles like the ones I pointed out; they're very helpful in helping one sort out what's what, in one passage or another.

They are often just as helpful also, not only in helping one sort out where and or how one ended up off, but where or how someone else was able/unable to get at the proper sense, or not, of one passage or another.

All of which greatly aids one in one's own studies of one thing or another.

I'll leave this at that.

The best towards you in your exploration of The Word.

No offence intended, none taken.

musterion

It is a wonderful feeling, isn't it!!!

I remember when it happened. Was reading, and struggling, with Stam, THINGS THAT DIFFER. I'd been told to feel free to bleed red ink all over it, and I had. After reading it, I told my wife "I will NEVER believe what these people believe." (that was a true IFB talking). But there was something to it I couldn't put my finger on, something I recognized as true that, I confess, I wanted to be able to refute but couldn't yet, so I was being a stubborn bulldog about it.

Was on break at work, sitting outside on a bench as the sun was setting. Was reading BAPTISM AND THE BIBLE and some point he made hit me between the eyes and it's literally like a light came on. And here I am.

There's a lot of material out there that can help someone access the Mystery if they're looking into it seriously...even to disprove it, but also if they're honest with themselves about actually considering what they're reading. Some are better, some too dense for a newcomer. The one that sticks in my mind that I later read, which I said, "THIS is something to help someone else," was Bob Hill's little booklet on the Rapture. That was before I'd even heard of the Open view but I don't think there was anything from that angle in that book. Anyway, even for someone who already was MAD, it was eye-opening (obviously it likely wouldn't help anyone who didn't already believe in the Rapture). I gave away my one copy long ago and wish I had more. No idea if they're still available somewhere. Darkish cover, cheaply printed, but worth its weight in gold.

musterion

No need to do that. This happens with alarming regularity. Besides, we don't get excellent reference threads very often and this is one.

Danoh

I remember when it happened. Was reading, and struggling, with Stam, THINGS THAT DIFFER. I'd been told to feel free to bleed red ink all over it, and I had. After reading it, I told my wife "I will NEVER believe what these people believe." (that was a true IFB talking). But there was something to it I couldn't put my finger on, something I recognized as true that, I confess, I wanted to be able to refute but couldn't yet, so I was being a stubborn bulldog about it.

Was on break at work, sitting outside on a bench as the sun was setting. Was reading BAPTISM AND THE BIBLE and some point he made hit me between the eyes and it's literally like a light came on. And here I am.

There's a lot of material out there that can help someone access the Mystery if they're looking into it seriously...even to disprove it, but also if they're honest with themselves about actually considering what they're reading. Some are better, some too dense for a newcomer. The one that sticks in my mind that I later read, which I said, "THIS is something to help someone else," was Bob Hill's little booklet on the Rapture. That was before I'd even heard of the Open view but I don't think there was anything from that angle in that book. Anyway, even for someone who already was MAD, it was eye-opening (obviously it likely wouldn't help anyone who didn't already believe in the Rapture). I gave away my one copy long ago and wish I had more. No idea if they're still available somewhere. Darkish cover, cheaply printed, but worth its weight in gold.

The Pre-Tribulation Rapture Unlocked by the Mystery by Bob Hill (actually, Robert T. Hill).

41IS+aVwzYL._AC_SX177_SY255_FMwebp_QL65_.jpg

Available at...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is_s?k=The+Pre-Tribulation+Rapture+Unlocked+by+the+Mystery

The BBS also mentions it on their site..scroll down to the sixth section in the page on the following link...

http://www.tbsministries.com/index.php/complete-content/books

musterion

Thank you, Danoh, I never would have thought of Amazon. I have the early edition of the Grace Library but not that expanded one.