ECT Can a man's righteousness commend the mercy of God?

Truster

And.....

...Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of Elohim, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Cross Reference

I misread your post. My point was the most righteous person apart from God, still is guilty of pride refusing God.

Mercy comes from submission, repentence, humility towards God, not self righteousness.

A righteous man won't refuse God. Why not consider that first before making your shallow assertion?

beloved57

True.

That is for the unbeliever.

However for those who choose to do Romans 10:9-10, they receive the righteousness of God, II Corinthians 5:21, I Corinthians 1:30 ...

Its for the world, none is righteous !

However for those who choose to do Romans 10:9-10, they receive the righteousness of God,

Thats a false and invalid statement !

That passage doesnt say:

However for those who choose to do Romans 10:9-10, they receive the righteousness of God,

You are a false witness !

Cross Reference

Its for the world, none is righteous !

Thats a false and invalid statement !

That passage doesnt say:

You are a false witness !

Mary was righteous. You want refute that? Why not say
"no she wasn't"? Lets hear from you!

Cross Reference

Does Rom 3:10 say none are righteous except mary?

What's wrong, sonny Jim? Can't you bring yourself to say Mary wasn't righteous?? Yer a joke. Rom 3:10 does say what you think it does. But you will never receive that because you have sold your soul.

Who was more UN-righteous than David at several times in his life and yet God called him a man after his own heart, and Paul quotes him. Go figure your willful ignorance; your unwillingness to "study to show yourself approved . . . ".

Jamie Gigliotti

A righteous man won't refuse God. Why not consider that first before making your shallow assertion?

Which proves the point that mercy comes before righteousness, because there is none without Him and He comes through mercy. If His holiness is grasped its easy to see He comes through mercy.

beloved57

What's wrong, sonny Jim? Can't you bring yourself to say Mary wasn't righteous?? Yer a joke. Rom 3:10 does say what you think it does. But you will never receive that because you have sold your soul.

Who was more UN-righteous than David at several times in his life and yet God called him a man after his own heart, and Paul quotes him. Go figure your willful ignorance; your unwillingness to "study to show yourself approved . . . ".

Does Rom 3:10 say none are righteous except mary ?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I misread your post. My point was the most righteous person apart from God, still is guilty of pride refusing God.

Mercy comes from submission, repentence, humility towards God, not self righteousness.

Consider this--

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

LA

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[You have no righteousness of your own (Ro 3:23, Re 3:17). Get yourself a savior. Jesus loves you (Jn 3:16). Jesus is willing to save you (2 Pe 3:9). Repent (Eze 18:30-32; Ac 17:30). Believe (Mk 9:23).] :rolleyes:
You think you do? :dizzy: Then you are not in need of a savior (Mk 2:17). Good luck at the Great White Throne. :burnlib:

Jamie Gigliotti

Consider this--

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

LA

My point that true good only comes through humilty towards Him reflecting Him in words and deeds agrees with that.

Vs those who seek their own righteousness apart from Him, works that just puff up ones own pride.

Cross Reference

My point that true good only comes through humilty towards Him reflecting Him in words and deeds agrees with that.

Vs those who seek their own righteousness apart from Him, works that just puff up ones own pride.

Why make the assertion that those who disagree with you are seeking their own righteousness? Why not read the Bible to see all those who were righteous in the OT. Those who died waiting for the promise of the righteousness of Jesus to redeem them?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
But we are all like an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags... (Isaiah 64:6 NKJV)​