Can a Christian lose their salvation

Hoping

Banned
You've already appointed yourself "as perfect as God is perfect":
I only know that I have been commanded to be so.
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt 5:48)
I also know how it is accomplished.
"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:" (Rom 3:21-22)
You want to claim, in the face of having appointed yourself "as perfect as God is perfect" that you have not, thereby, appointed yourself "worthy of eternal life"?!
I have appointed nothing of the sort, though I recognize the efficiency of God's grace to make it so.
Where I will stand tomorrow, however, is anybody's guess.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I only know that I have been commanded to be so.
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect." (Matt 5:48)
I also know how it is accomplished.
"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:" (Rom 3:21-22)
The faith of Jesus, not yours.
I have appointed nothing of the sort, though I recognize the efficiency of God's grace to make it so.
Where I will stand tomorrow, however, is anybody's guess.
We stand in Grace everyday or not at all.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I have appointed nothing of the sort
False. I already quoted you doing so, so it is doing you no good to lie about it.
I have, however, been converted and regenerated-reborn of Gods seed.
My rebirth from God's seed produced a man who cannot bring forth the devil's fruit.
You have repeatedly said you've been "reborn of God's seed", and you say that to be "reborn of God's seed" makes you "perfect as God is perfect":
The new you, reborn of God's seed, will be as perfect as God is perfect.
So, those two claims of yours in conjunction are you claiming to be "perfect as God is perfect". And you claiming yourself to be "perfect as God is perfect" is you hypocritically appointing yourself "worthy of eternal life" (to use your own phrase).

7djengo7

I find that those who have already appointed themselves worthy of eternal life, will have a rude wakening on the last day.
How do you "find" things about other people that you make a point of saying can't even be known until "the last day"? You shoot your sorry, heretical self down over and over by the Christ-hating stupidities you continue to write.🤡

Hoping

Banned
He gives us rest now.
King James Bible
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
I fail to see the word "rest" there.
It is written..."There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." (Heb 4:9-11)

Knowing eternal life is ahead of us doesn't mean we are already "there".
That makes me consider the folks of Matt 7:22-23.
I bet they thought that they had their eternal life all sewed up.

Hoping

Banned
False. I already quoted you doing so, so it is doing you no good to lie about it.
You may want to stick to your own context.
Here is what I was responding to..."You want to claim, in the face of having appointed yourself "as perfect as God is perfect" that you have not, thereby, appointed yourself "worthy of eternal life"?! "
I have not appointed myself worthy of eternal life.
You have repeatedly said you've been "reborn of God's seed", and you say that to be "reborn of God's seed" makes you "perfect as God is perfect":
Today that is true, but I don't know where I will stand tomorrow.
So, those two claims of yours in conjunction are you claiming to be "perfect as God is perfect". And you claiming yourself to be "perfect as God is perfect" is you hypocritically appointing yourself "worthy of eternal life" (to use your own phrase).
I am hoping I don't go the way of Ananias, Sapphira, Demas, Hymenaeus, Alexander, or others who loved this world more than they loved God.
If I hold to this course that I am on, and keep walking as Jesus walked, I will find that my name is in the book of life, on the last day.

7djengo7

I have not appointed myself worthy of eternal life.
You're doubling down with your lie, there, I see. That does you no good. I've already documented your statements wherein you have "appointed [yourself] worthy of eternal life". By having (vainly and laughably!) appointed yourself "perfect as God is perfect" you have "appointed [yourself] worthy of eternal life", you lying sinner.
  1. Are you "perfect as God is perfect"? Yes or No?
  2. Is being "perfect as God is perfect" to be "worthy of eternal life"? Yes or No?

Hoping

Banned
You're doubling down with your lie, there, I see. That does you no good. I've already documented your statements wherein you have "appointed [yourself] worthy of eternal life". By having (vainly and laughably!) appointed yourself "perfect as God is perfect" you have "appointed [yourself] worthy of eternal life", you lying sinner.
  1. Are you "perfect as God is perfect"? Yes or No?
Today ? Yes.
  1. Is being "perfect as God is perfect" to be "worthy of eternal life"? Yes or No?
Yes.
And I thank God for all I require to remain this way.
Verse like 1 Cor 10:13 sure help..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."
And..."I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me." (John 17:22-23)

“Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
For he that is dead is freed from sin.” (Rom. 6:6-7)

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:1)