Can a Christian lose their salvation

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
All I can say to that is you and I cannot read minds and motives. Jesus could and does, His example is the one I will follow but in my own sphere which is infintely lower than His.

Jesus said to judge with righteous judgement.

We are judging Hoping to be the things mentioned. Thus, we tell him that he is.

You want to feel like you're capable of reading hearts and minds have at it, but I will assure you that you'll drive people away from Christianity. If that's your desire go ahead, I just don't think that's a Christian motive.

Not true.

For example:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
We disagree on that.

The difference is that I'm right, and you're not.

Our capabilities are not actualities.

Whatever that's supposed to mean...

"Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (James 4:7)

A command to resist does not inherently imply that the person to whom that command was given will always follow that command, willingly or not.

Sin is the fruit of the devil's seed. (1 John 3:9-10)

Indeed. Thus, the command to resist. Supra.

Gary K

Banned
I agree, but with the baptism that washes away our past sins comes another gift.
The destruction of the old fleshly oriented man, (Rom 6:6), and being raised with Christ to spiritually walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4)
With the end of the old us comes the rebirth of the man reborn from God's seed.
God's seed cannot bring forth the fruit of the devil. (1 John 3:9-10)

If Jesus, a non-sinner, had lived to 70 years of age, his body would have aged and worn out too.
Our own sin is not the reason for the vessel's aging and breaking down. (That is the corruption Paul refers to in 2 Cor 15:54)

Is the word you refer to "corruption" ?

Not our bodies.

Agreed.
I rejoice in the fact of rebirth from God's seed and the new divine nature given to the truly repentant.
Those whose repentance is found false are not reborn of God's seed.
Temptations will not end till our vessel fades away.
But we have the power to resist the devil. (James 4:7)

If your body has been washed of sin by the blood of Christ, and reborn of God's seed, there is no more sin in it.
Even non-Christians can't blame their hands, eyes, or feet for their sins.

Don't allow a capability to become a reality.
We are equipt to maintain holy lives by God Himself.

Was it hypocrisy or condescension to the visiting Jews ?
Do you offer liquor to visiting Morman boys ?
Peter's fault was not emphasizing the likenesses between the Jews and Gentiles and instead focusing on unrealistic differences.

Regarding 1 John 1, I want you to see that verse 6, and 8 and 10, were addressed to those who walk in darkness-sin.
Sinners cannot say they have no sin.
Verses 5, 7, and 9 refer to those who walk in the light-God.
As there is no sin in God, (v5), neither can there be sin in those who walk "in God" (v7).
If sin is not inside our bodies how do we become sinful beings? We inherited it from Adam and Eve. Remember their first son was the first murderer. It's an inherited problem. Being equipped to live without sin does not mean we have lost out power of choice and the devil will tempt us until he is destroyed in the lake of fire.

Furthermore only two men were ever translated without seeing death, Enoch who scripture says walked with God 365 years and then was not because God took him, and Elijah of whom prophecy spoke about the spirit and power of Elijah. If humanity can live sinlessly why have only two men in six thousansd years of sin been translated?

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
The difference is that I'm right, and you're not.
We'll find out on the day of judgement.
Whatever that's supposed to mean...
Just because something is possible doesn't mean it has to happen.
A command to resist does not inherently imply that the person to whom that command was given will always follow that command, willingly or not.
Those reborn of God's seed will obey God...always.
Indeed. Thus, the command to resist.
Those who don't resist are not of God's seed.

Hoping

Banned
If sin is not inside our bodies how do we become sinful beings?
By committing sin.
We inherited it from Adam and Eve.
That isn't what scripture days..."The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezek 18:20)
Sin is not inherited.
Remember their first son was the first murderer. It's an inherited problem.
Adam never killed anyone, so from whom did Cain inherit it from ?
Being equipped to live without sin does not mean we have lost out power of choice and the devil will tempt us until he is destroyed in the lake of fire.
That is for sure.
Thankfully, though, God has provided everything we need to remain pure on earth.
Furthermore only two men were ever translated without seeing death, Enoch who scripture says walked with God 365 years and then was not because God took him, and Elijah of whom prophecy spoke about the spirit and power of Elijah. If humanity can live sinlessly why have only two men in six thousansd years of sin been translated?
Jesus did it too.
He is our example of walking in and after the Spirit instead of in and after the flesh.
Don't forget what Jesus said..."And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" (John 11:26)
Do you believe Him ?
Life transcends the condition of the vessel.

Gary K

Banned
Jesus said to judge with righteous judgement.

We are judging Hoping to be the things mentioned. Thus, we tell him that he is.

Not true.

For example:

It seems to me we have discussed this lone event before. Is one person out of how many millions of homosexuals really a record of success? It doesn't look like that to me. That's a success of .000000001% if there are only 1,000,000 homosexuals in the US and I'm positive there are a lot more than that. That doesn't look like a good success ratio to me.
By committing sin.

That isn't what scripture days..."The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezek 18:20)
Sin is not inherited.

That is for sure.
Thankfully, though, God has provided everything we need to remain pure on earth.

Jesus did it too.
He is our example of walking in and after the Spirit instead of in and after the flesh.
Don't forget what Jesus said..."And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" (John 11:26)
Do you believe Him ?
Use some common sense. Adam and Eve's first so committed the first murder. Why? We inhererited sin from Adam and Eve as there is no other way for us to have sins of the flesh.

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul said he was sold under sin. Did he sell himself, or did someone else sell him out?

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Gary K

Banned
By committing sin.

Sin is not inherited.

That is for sure.

Jesus did it too.
Do you believe Him ?
How did Cain become the first murderer if he didn't have a sinful nature?

Paul was really smart guy yet he is supposed to have sold himself out to sin? What does carnal mean?

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Those reborn of God's seed will obey God...always.
You've already admitted that you don't even know whether or not you are obeying God.

If one cannot obey God without always obeying God, then, since you don't know that you will always obey God, you don't know that you have ever obeyed God.

People (such as yourself, and Calvinists) who trumpet the asinine, false claim that "If you do not persevere in doing X perpetually, without failing to do X, then you've never done X!" show that they, themselves, don't even believe that asinine, false claim, every time they say out of the other side of their mouth, "I am presently doing X"/"I have been doing X".

7djengo7

Adam never killed anyone,
False. You're wrong again. Adam killed himself:

But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Adam knew he would die by eating the fruit. He ate the fruit anyway, thereby killing himself.

Adam killed everyone:

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.

so from whom did Cain inherit it from ?
So from Adam.

7djengo7

Use some common sense.
In other words, "Stop being a fool, @Hoping." Why, @Gary K, do you throw such a fit when others speak derogatorily, yet you always give yourself a free pass to do the very same thing? Stop being a hypocrite, hypocrite.
I disagree with Hoping about his beliefs, but do you really think your ad hominem attacks will get him to change his mind?
Do you really think your saying to @Hoping, "Use some common sense," is not an ad hominem attack on him?

Do you really think your saying to @Hoping, "Use some common sense," will get him to use some common sense?

Hoping

Banned
Use some common sense. Adam and Eve's first so committed the first murder. Why? We inhererited sin from Adam and Eve as there is no other way for us to have sins of the flesh.
We inherited death from Adam.
Nothing more.
Sins of the flesh are sins done while in the flesh.
Thank God we can now walk in the Spirit, instead of in the flesh.
Paul said he was sold under sin. Did he sell himself, or did someone else sell him out?
While he was still "in the flesh", he was under the Law of Moses.
As for what "sold under sin" means, however, is unknown to me.
It seems like some old Jewish saying, or perhaps a saying of the old English translators of the Greek scripts.
That Rom. 7 use of the phrase is the only time it is in the bible.

If you think about it though, his first sin showed whom he served, (John 8:34), so he in fact sold himself to that which he served.

Hoping

Banned
How did Cain become the first murderer if he didn't have a sinful nature?
He became a murderer by killing Abel.
He was a human born of a human, and had a human nature.
Paul was really smart guy yet he is supposed to have sold himself out to sin? What does carnal mean?
Carnal means both "of the flesh", and "acting on behalf of the flesh".
My synonyms' include "worldly oriented", "free of the Spirit", and "me first/you later".

Hoping

Banned
You've already admitted that you don't even know whether or not you are obeying God.
I, and everyone else, knows if they are obeying God.
Where did I say "I don't know if I am obeying God" ?
If one cannot obey God without always obeying God, then, since you don't know that you will always obey God, you don't know that you have ever obeyed God.
Not knowing my future doesn't disqualify me from knowing my past.
Why would you think it does ?
People (such as yourself, and Calvinists) who trumpet the asinine, false claim that "If you do not persevere in doing X perpetually, without failing to do X, then you've never done X!" show that they, themselves, don't even believe that asinine, false claim, every time they say out of the other side of their mouth, "I am presently doing X"/"I have been doing X".
What I do now had a starting date.
By the grace of God, (and plenty of other help), I will continue to walk in the light-God until my last breath.

Gary K

Banned
He became a murderer by killing Abel.
He was a human born of a human, and had a human nature.

Carnal means both "of the flesh", and "acting on behalf of the flesh".
My synonyms' include "worldly oriented", "free of the Spirit", and "me first/you later".
But your ideas contradict scripture. I don't think you're a guy who will willingly contradict scripture long term so I look forward to the time when you change your mind.

Gary K

Banned
What scrip' do you refer to ?

Gal 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

These passages contradict your ideas.