Can a Christian lose their salvation

way 2 go

As I noted before, that is you telling us that you have never been saved.

By telling us you've never been saved, you are telling us you've never been sealed by the Holy Spirit. Your "hope" is the "hope" of those not sealed by the Holy Spirit, and is thus worthless.
hoping will eventually , as he says , be saved by his works and
he no longer sins but if he does sin it's not a sin because he no longer sins.

Hoping

Banned
You constantly prove that you are not saved.
I can't say I am saved yet, as the final judgement will decide it.
Paul writes..."For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain." (1 Thes 3:5)
Salvation is still ahead of us.

Hoping

Banned
As I noted before, that is you telling us that you have never been saved.
The day of judgement has not yet occurred.
I will "be" saved when I hear my name is in the book of ife.
By telling us you've never been saved, you are telling us you've never been sealed by the Holy Spirit.
Not saying that at all.
Peter said that they who repent and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. (Acts 2:38)
He was correct.
Your "hope" is the "hope" of those not sealed by the Holy Spirit, and is thus worthless.
My hope is of those who await the day of judgement with the full armor of Christ at my disposal in the fight against temptation and wickedness in high places..
What do you use the armor for ?

Hoping

Banned
hoping will eventually , as he says , be saved by his works and
he no longer sins but if he does sin it's not a sin because he no longer sins.
If I keep serving God, I will be counted worthy of eternal life.
Murderers, drunks, liars, adulterers, and thieves etc., don't serve God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
God made no deal with Abram.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Genesis 15 is an example of the idiom "to cut a deal," which comes from an ancient tradition of cutting an animal in half in order to make an agreement.

Screenshot_20230820-091149.png

After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.” But Abram said, “Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!” And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. Then He said to him, “I am the Lord, who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to inherit it.” And he said, “Lord God, how shall I know that I will inherit it?” So He said to him, “Bring Me a three-year-old heifer, a three-year-old female goat, a three-year-old ram, a turtledove, and a young pigeon.” Then he brought all these to Him and cut them in two, down the middle, and placed each piece opposite the other; but he did not cut the birds in two. And when the vultures came down on the carcasses, Abram drove them away. Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him. Then He said to Abram: “Know certainly that your descendants will be strangers in a land that is not theirs, and will serve them, and they will afflict them four hundred years. And also the nation whom they serve I will judge; afterward they shall come out with great possessions. Now as for you, you shall go to your fathers in peace; you shall be buried at a good old age. But in the fourth generation they shall return here, for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet complete.” And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces. On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying:“To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt to the great river, the River Euphrates— the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites.”

I specifically said "cut deal" for a reason, Hoping. Did you ever notice that it was only God who walked through the middle (quite literally) of the animals being used? Abram was asleep. The agreement was completely one-sided.

So again, I ask, was it ever possible for Abram to back out of the cut deal made with God in Genesis 15?

If so, how, if Abram did nothing to enter the contract, and therefore was not required to keep his end of the deal?

God promised Abram an heir.

That's not all of what Genesis 15 is about.

Quit trying to change the subject.

Right Divider

Body part
I can't say I am saved yet, as the final judgement will decide it.
Paul writes..."For this cause, when I could no longer forbear, I sent to know your faith, lest by some means the tempter have tempted you, and our labour be in vain." (1 Thes 3:5)
Salvation is still ahead of us.
In one small sense this is true (that our salvation is complete in the future). But in most ways you continue to refuse to accept the salvation as offered... completely free and not of yourself.

Rom 3:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Eph 2:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Christ has already judged me and found me guilty. He also completely paid the price for my guilt and my sin.

P.S. That verse does NOT mean what you think that it does. It most certainly does NOT refer to "losing salvation".

Right Divider

Body part
You just did make an assumption of my heart and intent.
No, I did not. You are so proud of your Bible knowledge and assume that I know nothing about the Bible (which you KNOW is not true).

The "assumption" that I did not want to make was about what part of the Bible you were quoting.

P.S. Next time, just tell me what verse/verses you're talking about instead of insulting me.

Last edited:

Hoping

Banned
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
Genesis 15 is an example of the idiom "to cut a deal," which comes from an ancient tradition of cutting an animal in half in order to make an agreement
What did Abram agree to, or with ?
I specifically said "cut deal" for a reason, Hoping. Did you ever notice that it was only God who walked through the middle (quite literally) of the animals being used? Abram was asleep. The agreement was completely one-sided.
How can it be a deal if it is just one Person is dealing ?
So again, I ask, was it ever possible for Abram to back out of the cut deal made with God in Genesis 15?
What did he have to back out on ?
If so, how, if Abram did nothing to enter the contract, and therefore was not required to keep his end of the deal?
He believed God's promise of an heir from his own body.
God promised, and Abram believed Him.
Is that your "deal" ?
That's not all of what Genesis 15 is about.
God also promised Abram many descendants, and all the listed lands.
How could Abram back out of promises from God ?
What conditions were attached ?

Hoping

Banned
In one small sense this is true (that our salvation is complete in the future).
I am glad you finally realize that.
But in most ways you continue to refuse to accept the salvation as offered... completely free and not of yourself.
Hardly free, as my conversion cost me all my friends and family.
Rom 3:24 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
I am justified...now.
Eph 2:8 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:
I thank God for the grace made available to me, and hope my faith lasts through my declining years.
Christ has already judged me and found me guilty. He also completely paid the price for my guilt and my sin.
I hope so.
It is written..."Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (1 Tim 5:24)
More sins will manifest unjustification and lack of faith.
And a fearsome judgement yet to come.
P.S. That verse does NOT mean what you think that it does. It most certainly does NOT refer to "losing salvation".
What liar, adulterer, or thief's name will be found in the book of life ?
Many men start out strong, "in the Lord", but fall away later when things get tough.
Declaring oneself "saved", is a premature declaration.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The day of judgement has not yet occurred.
I will "be" saved when I hear my name is in the book of ife.
Have you been saved already? Yes or No?

Before, by stating that you will not be saved until judgement day, you stated that you have not already been saved. Do you want to now tell a different story than that?
Not saying that at all.
Whether you like it or not, that is indeed what you are saying when you say that you are not saved: viz., you are thereby saying that you have never been sealed by the Holy Spirit. You can sit there lying about it all you like, but you're not going to make that fact disappear.
You've made it clear that you have no hope, heretic.

Right Divider

Body part
I am glad you finally realize that.
I have always realized that.
Hardly free, as my conversion cost me all my friends and family.
Falsely equivocating.
I am justified...now.

I thank God for the grace made available to me, and hope my faith lasts through my declining years.
If you can be lost.... you were never saved.
I hope so.
It is written..."Some men's sins are open beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after." (1 Tim 5:24)
More sins will manifest unjustification and lack of faith.
And a fearsome judgement yet to come.
The only judgment that I will face is the judgment seat of Christ.
It sounds like you're headed for the white throne judgment.
What liar, adulterer, or thief's name will be found in the book of life ?
1Cor 6:9-11 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (6:10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (6:11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Many men start out strong, "in the Lord", but fall away later when things get tough.
Nope. Christ died for my sins... all of them.

I am buried with Him in baptism (by the Holy Ghost).

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Why your sneer quotes around the phrase, "in the Lord"? Are you saying that no one is in the Lord?
Either one is saved, or he/she is not saved. In the case of one who is saved, why do you say it is wrong for him/her to declare that he/she is saved, since he/she is therein declaring truth? It is never wrong to declare truth.