Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
God is holy, holy, holy beyond human comprehension.

This is why he sent his only begotten Son into the world to overcome and defeat sin, death and the devil.

As far as God is concerned Jesus has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and in doing so has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Jesus now sits in heaven at God's right hand as "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

God sees all things in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20-22. Where God sees sin there is judgment and condemnation. This why God sees EVERYTHING in Jesus Christ.

When Jesus returns all that are "In Christ" and have the Holy Spirit will be saved. Those outside of Christ will be lost.

Agreed, yet still doesnt answer your assertion that " God cannot see all things" and actually this answer supports Gods omnipresence, and omniscience.

Robert Pate

Banned
Agreed, yet still doesnt answer your assertion that " God cannot see all things" and actually this answer supports Gods omnipresence, and omniscience.

If God saw this sinful world as it is there would be judgment and condemnation.

Jesus sits at the right hand of God as our intercessor and mediator, 1 Timothy 2:5. He is presenting his righteousness on behalf of all of humanity.

I don't have all of the answers, only what is revealed in scripture.

fishrovmen

If God saw this sinful world as it is there would be judgment and condemnation.

Jesus sits at the right hand of God as our intercessor and mediator, 1 Timothy 2:5. He is presenting his righteousness on behalf of all of humanity.

I don't have all of the answers, only what is revealed in scripture.
What is revealed in Scripture is that God DID see the sin of the world, and in his forbearance passed over those sins that were committed and then judged His own Son in the place of the sinner so that He might be the justifier of the ones having faith in His risen Son.
So you can scrap your unbiblical and heretical blind deity that cant wait to open its eyes and judge sins that were already forgiven and taken care of.
There are many Scripture passages that tell us that God (who made the eye) also sees. His eyes are upon the righteous, whom He guides with His eye.
Can't be any clearer!

Robert Pate

Banned
What is revealed in Scripture is that God DID see the sin of the world, and in his forbearance passed over those sins that were committed and then judged His own Son in the place of the sinner so that He might be the justifier of the ones having faith in His risen Son.
So you can scrap your unbiblical and heretical blind deity that cant wait to open its eyes and judge sins that were already forgiven and taken care of.
There are many Scripture passages that tell us that God (who made the eye) also sees. His eyes are upon the righteous, whom He guides with His eye.
Can't be any clearer!

When Christ returns he will not be coming back to judge sin. He will be coming back to judge believers and unbelievers. When he finds an unbeliever, his sins will be imputed back to him, Romans 4:8 and he will be condemned. See the parable of the wedding guest that did not have on a robe of righteousness, Matthew 22:11-14.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
We should not believe Pate's lies either, but only the scriptures
which absolutely do declare the doctrine of predestination for
those who are The Called according to God's Purpose: The Elect!.
If you want to be elect--be elect. :idunno: If men never had a choice, then God is a monster when he sends people to hell. He's not a monster--so, when you go to hell, :listen: you're getting exactly what you deserve.

See:

Ro 8:28 McGee

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
There is not going to be anyone in heaven that did not chose to be there with Christ. Can you imagine what heaven would be like if people were made to be there?

It would be hell. :shocked: You're right. Men go to heaven because they have humbled themselves before the Lord. :straight:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
So if someone doesn't "receive" the reconciliation, are they reconciled?
You think you had no choice but to believe and love the Lord? :AMR:

Why are you here in heaven, fishrovmen?
I'm here because I had no choice. :banana: I'm so awesome--God couldn't resist me and I couldn't resist him.

animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-animated-siren-gif-drudge-report.gif

What about appropriate his free gift of grace don't you get? :freak: Ps. 119:11

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
A "provided" reconciliation is not reconciliation. The fact remains...at any point in time you are reconciled to God, or you are not reconciled to God.

Yes. You cannot be kind of sort of pregnant and you can't be kind of sort of a Christian. You've :straight: passed from death to life :listen: or, you :reals: have not (1 Jn 3:14). This isn't rocket science.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
I think scripture is very clear that those that are unsaved would under no circumstance chose salvation of their own accord without an outside influence acting on them first.

The Lord seeks everybody (Jn 3:16, 2 Pe 3:9). Some repent. :straight: Others do not. :reals: Acts 2:37, 38, 11:18

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
What has been predestined is the plan of God for humankind.
The Plan has been predestined, not the people.
Right. Is 46:10

"God views Jesus slain before the foundation of the world. The names are written before the foundation of the world." Re 13:8 ~ John Piper

Last edited: