ECT CALVINISM: TULIP

beloved57

There is something all Calvinists cannot get around, and it is that God does not give His Spirit to cause someone to believe in Him. God does not save those who do not believe in Him and hate Him.

Thats the god of your imagination, but the God of all Grace reconciled/saved sinners even while being enemies by the death of His Son Rom 5:10

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Love begets Obedience which begets, Faith.

I'll bite , but you start that misrepresentation and name-calling again , you go back into your room .

Explain what you just said .
Explain how you fulfill the obedience that results in recieving Faith .

And explain what the Faith is that you receive by said obedience .

Cross Reference

I'll bite , but you start that misrepresentation and name-calling again , you go back into your room .

Explain what you just said .
Explain how you fulfill the obedience that results in recieving Faith .

And explain what the Faith is that you receive by said obedience .

Define LOVE make application and begin from there.

Cross Reference

That's the answer to your own statement ?
That is all I need to answer you. Now you answer me. Start with defining LOVE and how it begins that obedience becomes a no brainer. Can you do that? I hope so. Go for it.

. . .and good nite.

OMT: Did you watch the Youtube teaching that mentioned Gene Scott?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
That is all I need to answer you. Now you answer me. Start with defining LOVE and how it begins that obedience becomes a no brainer. Can you do that? I hope so. Go for it.

. . .and good nite.

OMT: Did you watch the Youtube teaching that mentioned Gene Scott?

Ya , for about 3 minutes . When he said he gets his spiritual direction from Jim Nabors , I knew he was as credible as you are .

Cross Reference

Ya , for about 3 minutes . When he said he gets his spiritual direction from Jim Nabors , I knew he was as credible as you are .

He was meaning to say Jim Peterson, the author of the book.

I know the man personally. I can assure you it is the book/church Mumford is making reference to, not Nabors you would have it to be that would contaminate the church in a generation. . . . . I wonder what Scottie's views were that he would follow suit before God removed him from the scene and expose the remaining carcass for all to gaze upon?

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
He was meaning to say Jim Peterson, the author of the book.

I know the man personally. I can assure you it is the book/church Mumford is making reference to, not Nabors you would have it to be that would contaminate the church in a generation. . . . . I wonder what Scottie's views were that he would follow suit before God removed him from the scene and expose the remaining carcass for all to gaze upon?

Dr. Scott is known for possibly being the greatest Bible teacher since the apostle Paul . He called a teachers teacher because he would go into ministries that were failing , and show them how to get back on the right path by God's word .

He loved to teach in ways that would activate what dwelt in people who thought they wanted to follow Christ . More times than not , a violent hated emerged , directed right at him . But then people could see what was really in them . Kind of like you CR , you are so full of hate , I can sense you spend your time thinking of how to express it better . I think that obvious right ?

Cross Reference

Dr. Scott is known for possibly being the greatest Bible teacher since the apostle Paul . He called a teachers teacher because he would go into ministries that were failing , and show them how to get back on the right path by God's word .

He loved to teach in ways that would activate what dwelt in people who thought they wanted to follow Christ . More times than not , a violent hated emerged , directed right at him . But then people could see what was really in them . Kind of like you CR , you are so full of hate , I can sense you spend your time thinking of how to express it better . I think that obvious right ?

Sorry, Scott is better known now for being the most carnal, screwed up, teacher since the Apostle Paul. Too bad you won't avail yourself to listening to the Bob Mumford's lecture. Your loss, not mine.

Mumford addresse Scotts "claim" at around 99.00

ttruscott

U: Unconditional election – God chooses those to be saved based solely on His will:

Unconditional election is proved to be a blasphemy in that it also indicates that GOD's passing some over for salvation is based solely on HIS will yet scripture indicates HE does not want anyone to be damned but to be saved implying they damn themselves against HIS will.

Unconditional means without reason and if our election is unconditional then so is the damnation of the reprobate no matter how many thousands of books of theo-babble say otherwise. GOD must have had a reason to reject some from HIS heaven and the reverse side of that reason is the reason HE elected some and not others...

...even if it is true that there is no consideration of our sinful EARTHLY lives as the basis for election requiring that our election was based upon our choices before our sinful life on earth, before we were sown into the world by the Son of Man.

MennoSota

U: Unconditional election – God chooses those to be saved based solely on His will:

Unconditional election is proved to be a blasphemy in that it also indicates that GOD's passing some over for salvation is based solely on HIS will yet scripture indicates HE does not want anyone to be damned but to be saved implying they damn themselves against HIS will.

Unconditional means without reason and if our election is unconditional then so is the damnation of the reprobate no matter how many thousands of books of theo-babble say otherwise. GOD must have had a reason to reject some from HIS heaven and the reverse side of that reason is the reason HE elected some and not others...

...even if it is true that there is no consideration of our sinful EARTHLY lives as the basis for election requiring that our election was based upon our choices before our sinful life on earth, before we were sown into the world by the Son of Man.

You have horribly misinterpreted 2 Peter 3:9. The context of 2 Peter 3 proves that forcing God to will all humanity to be saved is an incorrect teaching. Therefore your assertion is wrong.

ttruscott

You have horribly misinterpreted 2 Peter 3:9. The context of 2 Peter 3 proves that forcing God to will all humanity to be saved is an incorrect teaching. Therefore your assertion is wrong.

I do not advocate that 2 Peter 3:9 implies universal salvation (though I expected someone to jump topic with that word) but that HIS unwillingness that any be damned only contradicts the idea that HE created some people knowing they were going to end in hell, ie, just to go to hell...and exposes the blasphemy of Unconditional election and non-election.

MennoSota

I do not advocate that 2 Peter 3:9 implies universal salvation (though I expected someone to jump topic with that word) but that HIS unwillingness that any be damned only contradicts the idea that HE created some people knowing they were going to end in hell, ie, just to go to hell...and exposes the blasphemy of Unconditional election and non-election.
Yet, you ignore the context of 2 Peter 3, which proves your claim to be utterly wrong.
Read 2 Peter 3 and you'll see it is referring to the day of the Lord and God's judgment. It is not claiming that God's will is that all humans would be saved. I have explained this passage elsewhere in TOL, so I will not reexplain it here. Read it and see the whole rather than force a doctrine that isn't being taught.
2 Peter 3:1-18
[1]This is my second letter to you, dear friends, and in both of them I have tried to stimulate your wholesome thinking and refresh your memory.
[2]I want you to remember what the holy prophets said long ago and what our Lord and Savior commanded through your apostles.
[3]Most importantly, I want to remind you that in the last days scoffers will come, mocking the truth and following their own desires.
[4]They will say, “What happened to the promise that Jesus is coming again? From before the times of our ancestors, everything has remained the same since the world was first created.”
[5]They deliberately forget that God made the heavens long ago by the word of his command, and he brought the earth out from the water and surrounded it with water.
[6]Then he used the water to destroy the ancient world with a mighty flood.
[7]And by the same word, the present heavens and earth have been stored up for fire. They are being kept for the day of judgment, when ungodly people will be destroyed.
[8]But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.
[9]The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.
[10]But the day of the Lord will come as unexpectedly as a thief. Then the heavens will pass away with a terrible noise, and the very elements themselves will disappear in fire, and the earth and everything on it will be found to deserve judgment.
[11]Since everything around us is going to be destroyed like this, what holy and godly lives you should live,
[12]looking forward to the day of God and hurrying it along. On that day, he will set the heavens on fire, and the elements will melt away in the flames.
[13]But we are looking forward to the new heavens and new earth he has promised, a world filled with God’s righteousness.
[14]And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.
[15]And remember, our Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved. This is what our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you with the wisdom God gave him—
[16]speaking of these things in all of his letters. Some of his comments are hard to understand, and those who are ignorant and unstable have twisted his letters to mean something quite different, just as they do with other parts of Scripture. And this will result in their destruction.
[17]You already know these things, dear friends. So be on guard; then you will not be carried away by the errors of these wicked people and lose your own secure footing.
[18]Rather, you must grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.All glory to him, both now and forever! Amen.