ECT CALVINISM: TULIP

Cross Reference

CALVINISM: TULIP

T: Total depravity Every facet of every person everywhere has been marred by sin.

Actuality:

Though by definition total depravity could be conceived to be reprobation. However, it could be, for one reason of another, a temporary swing in one’s disposition who is without God or who has run from Him. Reprobation, on the other hand, is by a decree of God which cannot be reversed even by Him. (cf Romans 1:28 KJV). Here how it works: If you remember Queen Esther, a kings decree is always the last word meaning, even he can’t reverse it. In this is God seen as KING of KINGs no other king can be over Him making His decrees ABSOLUTELY IRREVERSIBLE! By this same knowledge and understanding, a kings decision for the advancement of any individual are never decrees, if he is a wise king. This even held true for Jesus.

U: Unconditional electionGod chooses those to be saved based solely on His will:

Actuality

The elect are of the New Born of God, Spiritually birthed from above. Upon salvation they are the select who continued on to have their lives ruled by the Life of Christ Jesus.

L: Limited atonementChrist died only for those who are elect:

Actuality

By His death on the cross did Jesus Christ redeem all of mankind, restoring them to same level playing field Adam enjoyed before he transgressed. In addition did those righteous held captive by the grave rejoice to have been set free!

I: Irresistible grace The elect cannot resist God’s call to salvation:

Actuality

The elect are those chosen in the foreknowledge of God witnessed by Him after the fact of their salvation. Irresistible grace would be by “vision” of that which God would grant them sufficient to seal them unto eternal life., i.e., His new birth built upon the foundation of Redemption. This, however, would not impede one who might otherwise purposely, by untoward persuasion, choose to fall away unto apostasy. By God’s design will the freewill of man always be an issue until his glorification, irrespective of election.

P: Perseverance of the saintsThe elect cannot lose their salvation:

Actuality

If they remain faithful: “If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Colossians 1:23 (KJV) + many more verses.

Cross Reference

My version cuts to the chase. I like it. I believe [no, I know] the Holy Spirit is the Author. Calvinist's are irreparably too carnal to embrace it. They haven't any vision because they are cessionists.

Last edited:

MennoSota

My version cuts to the chase. I like it. I believe [no, I know] the Holy Spirit is the Author. Calvinist's are irreparably too carnal to embrace it. They haven't any vision because they are cessionists.
Do you reject both the Arminian and Calvinist view of God's atoning work in salvation?
If so, that means you're a cult member in some fringe group. Be honest...Jehovah's Witness?

Cross Reference

Well, get saved. What else can I say? If you were saved you would know what the issues are surrounding the need to be saved; You would know the doctrine of Jesus Christ. You don't so whose to blame but you and the leadership which has steered you off course to embrace Calvinism. Tragic, that.

MennoSota

Well, get saved. What else can I say? If you were saved you would know what the issues are surrounding the need to be saved; You would know the doctrine of Jesus Christ. You don't so whose to blame but you and the leadership which has steered you off course to embrace Calvinism. Tragic, that.

Tell me, how did you save yourself? You state: "Well, get saved." It implies that I save myself. Tell me how you saved yourself.
Tell me the "doctrine of Jesus Christ." Please use scripture to back up this vague doctrine you bring up so I can consider your view.

MennoSota

I responded to the call of God. . .AFTER I learned of Him by Jesus Christ.

How were you saved?
Did you hear an audible voice? How do you know it wasn't the call of the loon?
You learned of Him? Who taught you? Did a big vision of Jesus show up like Oral Roberts claimed?

genuineoriginal

Did you hear an audible voice? How do you know it wasn't the call of the loon?
If you don't know the difference between the voice of Jesus and the call of the loon, you are not one of Jesus' followers.

John 10:4-5
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.​

John 10:27
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:​

God's Truth

Tell me, how did you save yourself? You state: "Well, get saved." It implies that I save myself. Tell me how you saved yourself.
Tell me the "doctrine of Jesus Christ." Please use scripture to back up this vague doctrine you bring up so I can consider your view.

Many people claim to believe, to have faith, but then are ensnared to believe and teach falseness.

MennoSota

Many people claim to believe, to have faith, but then are ensnared to believe and teach falseness.

God's Truth

If you don't know the difference between the voice of Jesus and the call of the loon, you are not one of Jesus' followers.

John 10:4-5
4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.​

John 10:27
27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:​

We have to make ourselves like sheep if we want to be saved.

Jesus tell us how to do that.

We have to have fear of God.

We have to humble ourselves.

We have to be sorry, confess, and repent of our sins.

We have to have a forgiving heart.

We have to want to be saved more than anything or anyone.

We have to never give up, give out,or give in, no matter how long we have to wait.

God's Truth

God gives His Spirit to His children.

You have to become His child first.

God's Truth

Jesus tells us exactly what to do to be a sheep, to be his child.

Get his teachings and believe and do what he says.

MennoSota

I answered yours. Now, you answer my question . . . . . . How were you saved??
God made me alive in Christ and chose to adopt me. He softened my hard heart so that I might see my rebellion. God caused me to repent (and He continues to bring me to repentance). God gave me the gift of faith so that I might enjoy Him. God now works in me, sanctifying me in love. I am God's child by God's gracious mercy in which He saved me out of my rebellion and made me His own.
I am in awe of God's amazing grace.
God is Good.