Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

Truster

No. That is what the Bible contains among other things and the list would be....

What is the Bible in its entirety.

Robert Pate

Banned
No. That is what the Bible contains among other things and the list would be....

What is the Bible in its entirety.

What the Bible contains is what the Bible is.

The Old Testament is record of Man's unsuccessful attempt to please a Holy God.

The New Testament is a solution to man's sin problem.

God's Truth

What the Bible contains is what the Bible is.

The Old Testament is record of Man's unsuccessful attempt to please a Holy God.

The New Testament is a solution to man's sin problem.

You think the solution is God giving up and saying okay okay just believe in me and don't worry anymore about obeying. You think that is outsmarting the devil?

Robert Pate

Banned
You think the solution is God giving up and saying okay okay just believe in me and don't worry anymore about obeying. You think that is outsmarting the devil?

God has given to us that believe in his Son the Holy Spirit. The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. To be in Christ means that you have ceased from your own works and righteousness and are resting and trusting in the works and the righteousness of Christ, Hebrews 4:10. Your are not there. You are trying to justify yourself by your obedience to the law.

beloved57

God has given to us that believe in his Son the Holy Spirit. The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10. To be in Christ means that you have ceased from your own works and righteousness and are resting and trusting in the works and the righteousness of Christ, Hebrews 4:10. Your are not there. You are trying to justify yourself by your obedience to the law.
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

God has given to us that believe in his Son the Holy Spirit.

Get it right RP, we have to have faith that is ALIVE and NOT dead. The dead faith that you preach has been called ignorant, unstable, and foolish. See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 14. See also 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

I can also rebuke you will Paul too. Do you believe Paul wrote Hebrews?

The condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect and complete in his Son Jesus Christ, Colossians 2:10.

You better check yourself with that definition. lol

You say the condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect...

We do NOT get the Holy Spirit until we believe and repent.

How do you ever get that we receive the Holy Spirit when God sees us in His Son?!!!

No one gets in the Son UNTIL they receive the Holy Spirit, for that is HOW they get in the Son.

Who does Jesus choose to save? Jesus says he chooses to save those who believe and obey him.

To be in Christ means that you have ceased from your own works and righteousness and are resting and trusting in the works and the righteousness of Christ, Hebrews 4:10.

We rest from having to do the ceremonial works! We don't get to rest from obeying by abstaining from evil and doing right!

Your are not there. You are trying to justify yourself by your obedience to the law.

Jesus is the One who says his words are life.

Jesus is the One who says that if you obey him you will have eternal life.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

Robert Pate

Banned
Get it right RP, we have to have faith that is ALIVE and NOT dead. The dead faith that you preach has been called ignorant, unstable, and foolish. See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, and 14. See also 2 Peter 3:16, and 17.

I can also rebuke you will Paul too. Do you believe Paul wrote Hebrews?

You better check yourself with that definition. lol

You say the condition for receiving the Holy Spirit is that God must see you as perfect...

We do NOT get the Holy Spirit until we believe and repent.

How do you ever get that we receive the Holy Spirit when God sees us in His Son?!!!

No one gets in the Son UNTIL they receive the Holy Spirit, for that is HOW they get in the Son.

Who does Jesus choose to save? Jesus says he chooses to save those who believe and obey him.

We rest from having to do the ceremonial works! We don't get to rest from obeying by abstaining from evil and doing right!

Jesus is the One who says his words are life.

Jesus is the One who says that if you obey him you will have eternal life.

John 8:51 Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death."

I doubt that you will ever see heaven. You are trying to be saved by the works of the law, Your obedience, which stinks like filthy rags. You will be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't I" group. You will go before the Lord and present your righteousness and disappear in a puff of smoke.

God's Truth

I doubt that you will ever see heaven. You are trying to be saved by the works of the law, Your obedience, which stinks like filthy rags. You will be in the "Lord, Lord, didn't I" group. You will go before the Lord and present your righteousness and disappear in a puff of smoke.

It is never evil to obey God.

God's Truth

Everyone is going to be held accountable for every word that they spoke.

I want you to give the scripture that says there is an evil time to obey God.

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame