Calling all Open Theists for Feedback

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. (Hebrews 2:5)

And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise. (Galatians 3:29)​

Abraham is not the father of angels and angels are not heirs to the promise.

Jesus is not an angel: "Beloved, now we are children of God and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is." (1 John 3:2)

"We shall be like him," He and we have the same Father, he is our brother.

I agree that ... Jesus IS, Was, Always Will be God. He is not an Angel. He is God. Notice that your verse from Hebrews 2:5 uses the word "world"? That is the word for "Kosmos". It means... Universe.

But... God Alone is the King of All. It says... New Heaven and New Earth. Because we know that Heaven is the Spiritual realm and Earth is the Kosmos... We can safely say that we are co-heirs of eternity, but there is only One that Rules all.

We do not become Like God. This is the very meaning of Romans 7 and Genesis 3 when read parallel to one another.

The tree of the knowledge of Good and Evil is only for God. God alone is the worthy judge.

The 24 elders cast their crowns before Jesus in surrender. This is the mark of the Saved. We know that He alone is worthy.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This is Truth. Are you messing with me again. Allow me to ask a direct question. Do we become Creators... Sustaining other worlds as He alone does?

We do whatever the Father and Son asks us to do.

We are a helper to the King of kings.

A type of this: "And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone, I will make him a helper comparable to him.'"

We are a helper comparable to him. We are flesh of his flesh.

No one can separate us and him. We are bound in an everlasting covenant.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
We do not become like God.

Are you messing with me?

2 Peter 1

19 We also have the message of the prophets, which has been confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to this message, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Gal 4 19

19 My children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you,

Matthew 24:27

“For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”

Revelation 3:21

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1 John 5:5

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

All this happens in the heart.

Peace out.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
We do whatever the Father and Son asks us to do.
(Rv. 21:22) ... Though... One is the face of the Other. (John 5:37; John 14:9) ... with this expressed... Yes

We are a helper to the King of kings.
Indeed

A type of this: "And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone, I will make him a helper comparable to him.'"

Eph. 5:22

We are a helper comparable to him. We are flesh of his flesh.

Hmmmm... As long as you do not distinguish "Comparable" with Him as Being Like Him. He is unique. A Bride is Different than her Groom. They are Compatible... But She is not He.

No one can separate us and him. We are bound in an everlasting covenant.

Amen!

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
The Father judges no one and Jesus does not judge unbelievers, we do.

If you knew what the clouds He comes on were, and if you knew where "We" will be heading... I could agree with you.

However... I'm not certain that you know. I will ask you these two questions and we will see.

What are the "Clouds" He comes on per the books of Zechariah and Joel?

Where are those "Clouds" headed? ... it's a given that they are headed where He is Headed, but... Location please?

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Are you messing with me?

2 Peter 1

19 We also have the message of the prophets, which has been confirmed beyond doubt. And you will do well to pay attention to this message, as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

Gal 4 19

19 My children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you,

Matthew 24:27

“For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”

Revelation 3:21

To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

1 John 5:5

Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

All this happens in the heart.

Peace out.

I call a truce on this. I will not dispute you. i simply ask that you quote me saying that I don't share your exact opinion... I would appreciate it if you would exegete these so I can see them as you see them. I am curious.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Wowsers, I trimmed some and you'd never know it. We are going for the long-wind marathon:
Here is the difference, in a nutshell on several levels:

1) The Open View, limits God, the traditional view, limits man. I'll take the second and ever must.

I fully see it the other way around. I had verses and everything ready for every word you wrote... but it comes down to 3 issues we see differently.

1) FreeWill ... And you are deeply grounded and deeply in Him. So I don't know if our discussion on this matter would be profitable. In fact, as I ponder on all of my lost responses... I feel that my words were adversarial to things you express well and clearly.

in this. You are given a choice. Do I expound on this... or do we let this go?

2) The tree of the Tree of Knowledge... Romans 7, Galatians, Hebrews, Ezekiel and Genesis have direct counter scripture to your perspective.

I will ask one counter question...

Who of all creation committed the original sin and what was it. I will drop on hint...
(Ezek. 28:17) (edited.. Lol... poor Ezra.. I meant Ezek.) ... This is the reason classical theology is in error. The counter doctrine is in my heart... but I will refrain from expressing it, if you are desiring to have peace here.

3) The TriUne ability to Co-Collaborate as scripture shows. They are indeed UNE... but God's Body, Spirit and Soul is much different than our Body, Spirit and Soul. There is extensive scripture on this and it leans far in favor of Open Theism.

Shall I unpack this?

It is the core of your misunderstanding of what I am saying..., and though we speak from two diametric angles.. You anchor to the Rock... Thus all else is simply non-essential doctrine.

I believe I would have to expound on things that conflict with your system of theology to get the rest out there... In this... I'm relieved that my post was lost.

You may choose if I go forward and so forth in response to you.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I call a truce on this. I will not dispute you. i simply ask that you quote me saying that I don't share your exact opinion... I would appreciate it if you would exegete these so I can see them as you see them. I am curious.

How would one begin to exegete the rising of Christ in one's heart?

Or how it is that he allows one to sit with him and share in governing their soul?

Let alone how God managed it with Him.

Yet it is written......

"A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher." - Luke 6:40

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
How would one begin to exegete the rising of Christ in one's heart?

Or how it is that he allows one to sit with him and share in governing their soul?

Let alone how God managed it with Him.

Yet it is written......

"A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher." - Luke 6:40

At the Right Hand of God (In Jesus ... Not In the Father) is the way I prevent myself from being misunderstood. What I am now perplexed at... is that by Eph. 2:6 ... you are accurate. But in order to say this... you have to see that Christ is the very presence of God.

This requires the knowledge that the Father, Son and Christ within us is/are ALL God.

You are a refreshing theological enigma!

Uni ... but yet you seem to gather TriUne Doctrine. .....

You acknowledge that we are mere shadows of Him... am I correct? We are not ever genuinely equal to Him but by Love.

(1 John 3:1)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
At the Right Hand of God (In Jesus ... Not In the Father) is the way I prevent myself from being misunderstood. What I am now perplexed at... is that by Eph. 2:6 ... you are accurate. But in order to say this... you have to see that Christ is the very presence of God.

This requires the knowledge that the Father, Son and Christ within us is/are ALL God.

You are a refreshing theological enigma!

Uni ... but yet you seem to gather TriUne Doctrine. .....

You acknowledge that we are mere shadows of Him... am I correct? We are not ever genuinely equal to Him but by Love.

(1 John 3:1)

Gotta feed the horses and do some chores.

Be back later.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
KtoYou is hardly being petty. This has been an ongoing problem on this board....those huge attention getting letters. She has the right and, I would say, the authority to ask you to stop using what IS a violation of the rules. You owe her an apology.

An apology owed is seldom sincere. I will take the sting out of my words by deleting the post. You can choose to leave it quoted if you so desire.

This is my sincere response.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hmmmm... As long as you do not distinguish "Comparable" with Him as Being Like Him. He is unique. A Bride is Different than her Groom. They are Compatible... But She is not He.

Comparable is a quote: "And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone, I will make him a helper comparable to him.'"
(Genesis 2:18)

She is not Jesus and Jesus is not the bride. However, there is no male or female, but we will nurture and train Jesus' children.

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
Comparable is a quote: "And the LORD God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone, I will make him a helper comparable to him.'" (Genesis 2:18)

She is not Jesus and Jesus is not the bride. However, there is no male or female, but we will nurture and train Jesus' children.

This is a little beyond scripture. I'm going to now ask you for verses.