Bring back pill mills!!!!

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
This is CRAZY

So MANY people are dying from fentanyl because they're buying street heroin that is 'laced' with (spiked, contaminated) fentanyl.

This did not happen with 'pill mill' doctors whose practices consisted of prescribing opioids liberally. People would take the safely made, factory made, pharmaceutical company made opioids, that didn't have fentanyl in it, and they would NOT die.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This is CRAZY

So MANY people are dying from fentanyl because they're buying street heroin that is 'laced' with (spiked, contaminated) fentanyl.

This did not happen with 'pill mill' doctors whose practices consisted of prescribing opioids liberally. People would take the safely made, factory made, pharmaceutical company made opioids, that didn't have fentanyl in it, and they would NOT die.

As I predicted it's showing up in everything - opiates, benzodiazepines, cocaine, methamphetamines, ecstasy, pot

Idolater

As I predicted it's showing up in everything - opiates, benzodiazepines, cocaine, methamphetamines, ecstasy, pot
On 'the street' yeah. Would you rather put your life in the hands of a drug dealer, or a licensed MD with questionable ethics? I would take the latter!!!!

Hoping

Banned
This is CRAZY

Do you live in Oregon?
Don't they want to legalize just about every drug?
How many folks have died from those doctor prescribed opioids?
Thousands.
I went to https://drugabusestatistics.org/drug-overdose-deaths/ and found that nearly 100,000 are killed a year by all drugs, and 70% of those deaths were opioid related.

The situation won't get better until dads and moms change the priorities in their lives to God, family, and God.

Gary K

Banned
This is CRAZY

Baloney. Prescription drugs have always been the biggest source of addictive substances and addiction kills. Period. Even if it does it slowly by destroying lives a little at a time, in the cruelest ways possible, it kills.

Idolater

Baloney. Prescription drugs have always been the biggest source of addictive substances and addiction kills. Period. Even if it does it slowly by destroying lives a little at a time, in the cruelest ways possible, it kills.
Are you reading the headlines about all the deaths from fentanyl overdose or not?

Idolater

Do you live in Oregon?
Don't they want to legalize just about every drug?
idk. I'm not talking about legalizing drugs. I'm talking about pill mills. These are legal prescriptions made by licensed MD physicians. They are ethically sketchy, but they are better than what we have now, deaths from fentanyl related overdoses . . .
How many folks have died from those doctor prescribed opioids?
Thousands.
. . . in the tens of thousands, not thousands.
I went to https://drugabusestatistics.org/drug-overdose-deaths/ and found that nearly 100,000 are killed a year by all drugs, and 70% of those deaths were opioid related.
Fentanyl's an opioid, it's like the liquor form of alcohol, except magnified by like 100,000 instead of only 3 or 4 in the case of making brandy from wine. A few mgs too much in the black market criminal drug dealer's batch, and you've got bodies stacked up. You didn't have that with the pill mills. They prescribed good old fashioned, factory manufactured, pure and unadulterated Oxy. Oxy is tremendously addictive, and not nearly as fatal as fentanyl spiked street crank.
The situation won't get better until dads and moms change the priorities in their lives to God, family, and God.
Basically agreed, but in the meantime we can turn the body stacking spigot like 90% shut. With pill mills.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
idk. I'm not talking about legalizing drugs. I'm talking about pill mills. These are legal prescriptions made by licensed MD physicians. They are ethically sketchy, but they are better than what we have now, deaths from fentanyl related overdoses . . .

Fentanyl's an opioid, it's like the liquor form of alcohol, except magnified by like 100,000 instead of only 3 or 4 in the case of making brandy from wine. A few mgs too much in the black market criminal drug dealer's batch, and you've got bodies stacked up. You didn't have that with the pill mills. They prescribed good old fashioned, factory manufactured, pure and unadulterated Oxy. Oxy is tremendously addictive, and not nearly as fatal as fentanyl spiked street crank.

Basically agreed, but in the meantime we can turn the body stacking spigot like 90% shut. With pill mills.
Cops are ODing on this stuff when they handle it, just by inadvertently inhaling the dust.

I've proposed this elsewhere and I'm serious - I would very much expect that the next wave of mass murders/suicides would use fentanyl powder instead of firearms.

Idolater

Cops are ODing on this stuff when they handle it, just by inadvertently inhaling the dust.
I've read there's an antidote.
I've proposed this elsewhere and I'm serious - I would very much expect that the next wave of mass murders/suicides would use fentanyl powder instead of firearms.
Might be worth checking into that antidote.

They say you can get a nasal spray, you can just breathe it in to administer.

Hoping

Banned

They are all going to die anyway, so who cares how they do it?
Drug abusers don't think they have anything to live for, and until something arises that they would rather die for, or live for, nothing will change.
Drugs are for those who are scared to commit fast suicide.

Gary K

Banned
Are you reading the headlines about all the deaths from fentanyl overdose or not?
So, as far as you're concerned headlines are reality. Nothing more to reality than headlines?

The people dying from this stuff are addicts. That is why they are coming in contact with it. People who are not addicts are not dying from it. Addicts are well known to follow the dictates of their addiction. Now that doesn't stop them being responsible for their own choices but it does point out why they choose to do what they do. As an addict I know how powerful the urge to destroy themselves an addict has inside themselves is. Without God I had zero chance of overcoming that desire. If God had not inserted Himself into my life I would have been dead or institutionalized decades ago. And doctors dealing even more drugs than they did decades ago would have done absolutely nothing to stop those self destructive urges.

Your choice to deal with this is to have doctors deal drugs that have been dealing death out to addicts forever. And that is supposed to stop addicts from craving the high that fentyanyl provides on the illegal marketplace? How? And how is fentanyl getting into the illegal marketplace and will doctors dealing opioids stop that?

Let's hear your answer to all that. Let's see if you've actually given any thought at all to your "solution".

PureX

There are many causes of addiction. And there are many ways that an addiction can kill an addict. Blaming any one or two is a waste of time and energy. As there is no single solution available. It's a complicated problem that requires a complicated solution. "Let them die" is not a solution. Neither is "kill all the drug dealers" or "give them safer drugs". The real culprits, here, are systemic hopelessness and systemic greed. And we all bear some responsibility for that.

Idolater

There are many causes of addiction. And there are many ways that an addiction can kill an addict. Blaming any one or two is a waste of time and energy. As there is no single solution available. It's a complicated problem that requires a complicated solution. "Let them die" is not a solution. Neither is "kill all the drug dealers" or "give them safer drugs". The real culprits, here, are systemic hopelessness and systemic greed. And we all bear some responsibility for that.
The OP is literally my response to that responsibility.

Gary K

Banned
There is one solution to addiction . That is the power of the Holy Spirit to be accepted into the life of the addict. That makes it possible for the addict to deal with the hopelessness and systemic greed found in human nature. Sin itself is an addiction that causes us to destroy ourselves as a race and that's why God is the one answer to all the issues found in fallen human. Nothing else can or will work for nothing else can change our hearts as the Holy Spirit is capable of doing if we will allow Him.

I know this because I have experienced this. I am not the same person I was before I met God on a personal level and allowed Him to heal me. Only our infinite God is capable of truly understanding what it is that every individual needs and providing that help. This argument that there is no solution to as complex a human problem as addiction is born out of ignorance of the power of God to heal. And the only solution to that ignorance is a personal knowledge of God. If we will only give Him the honest opportunity to learn of Him He will change us and through that individual change change the world. This is why the enemies of Jesus and His disciples said those few people turned the world upside down in just a matter of a few years.

Idolater

So, as far as you're concerned headlines are reality. Nothing more to reality than headlines?
You literally are saying that you don't believe in all the excess deaths caused by deliberate fentanyl contamination in street drugs. No banana.

PureX

There is one solution to addiction . That is the power of the Holy Spirit to be accepted into the life of the addict. That makes it possible for the addict to deal with the hopelessness and systemic greed found in human nature. Sin itself is an addiction that causes us to destroy ourselves as a race and that's why God is the one answer to all the issues found in fallen human. Nothing else can or will work for nothing else can change our hearts as the Holy Spirit is capable of doing if we will allow Him.
This works for some, but not for most. I don't know why, but I do know this to be a fact. And blaming the addict's lack of faith is not a solution to the problem, either. Addiction, by definition, is the loss of the ability to stop engaging in a destructive behavior. So to whatever degree they once had a choice, and had hope (or faith), they no longer have it, now. So proselytizing to them is of little effect.

The sad truth is that most addicts will never recover. They will die and end because of their addiction. Resulting in a horrible toll to their families and their communities. But some can and do recover, and whatever methods and means has enabled them to do so should be supported and increased. But they are various, and complex. There is no simple easy solution, here.
I know this because I have experienced this. I am not the same person I was before I met God on a personal level and allowed Him to heal me. Only our infinite God is capable of truly understanding what it is that every individual needs and providing that help.

I agree, but I also know that infinite God works in multiple and mysterious ways, and usually through the actions of people. Which is why we need to be open and willing to explore as many different ways as possible, and to help those who are suffering in whatever way we can.