Brian Williams suspended 6 months

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess I don't care. In case you missed it, he made up a story to try and give himself credibility. And it was a whopper of a lie. In real journalism, he would have been fired.

NBC says he will not be paid for 6 months.

I find it hard to believe he will ever be the anchor there again. This gives him a chance to go elsewhere and not pretend.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I guess I don't care. In case you missed it, he made up a story to try and give himself credibility. And it was a whopper of a lie. In real journalism, he would have been fired.

I find it hard to believe he will ever be the anchor there again. This gives him a chance to go elsewhere and not pretend.

I just wonder WHY he would lie about it. I think he was in a nearby chopper ? Isn't that close enough. Why lie when it's sure to be refuted. makes no sense

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just wonder WHY he would lie about it.

Because he is a liberal and is not "media" or transfer of information. He tries to shape opinion and thinks all the low income people will believe him more if he sticks his neck on the line. Which he didn't.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'd rather him lie about his own involvement in something than lie about other news.

OCTOBER23

Williams should have kept his mouth Shut .

Proverbs 29:11 A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.

Psalms 34:13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking deceit .

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That's the problem. When someone's a proven liar, and has been allowed to lie by the network, nothing they say can be trusted.

I'm not saying his credibility shouldn't suffer at least some, but in the spectrum of what a journalist could lie about I think this is toward the lower end. :idunno:

Also, if he was prone to lying about other things I imagine we'd have found something else out by now.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'd rather him lie about his own involvement in something than lie about other news.

He does lie during the "news" broadcast. It is demonstrable that he is a liar about many other things. Like taxes, global warming, muslims, you name the subject (of importance), I will show his lies.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

If he was a professional sportsman doing the equivalent, doping, he would have been banned for life.
If he was a stockbroker, doing the equivalent, price fixing, he would have been banned for life.
If he was a politician, rigging elections, he would have been banned from public office for life.

MAD Max

BANNED
Banned
10991413_1624899594406155_1628993199127376349_n.jpg

:chuckle: