boycott the NFL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The flag represents all 50 united states.
Why would any American turn their back to that?

If you want to hate Trump, tweet about it.
Don't drag our flag into it.

glorydaz

The NFL owners have to side with the thug players (not all players are thugs), because if they don't, they will lose money. It's only a financial decision.

Liberal PRESSURE is coming from every direction.

Do not dis flag burning.
Do not dis trangenders.
Do not dis perverts.
Do not salute the flag in schools.
Do not allow coaches to pray on the field.

You get the drift.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Liberal PRESSURE is coming from every direction.

Do not dis flag burning.
Do not dis trangenders.
Do not dis perverts.
Do not salute the flag in schools.
Do not allow coaches to pray on the field.

You get the drift.
Yep.
The drift is to turn good into evil, and evil into good.

drbrumley

If someone wanted to totally discredit the movement against police brutality, inventing the knee-bending stunt would do it.

drbrumley

A bright side of the TakeTheKnee football protests - It will make it more difficult for NFL teams to plunder taxpayers for new stadiums

No doubt......:rotfl:

nikolai_42

John Lennon's dream is coming true right before our eyes. The individual in the ascendancy and those institutions which served to promote higher ideals being trounced. Who would have thought defending the need to honor the anthem and the flag (and all they stand for) would be considered divisive.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
The NFL is the disgrace today...

Why just today? The NFL has turned the sport of football into a huge tax payer subsidized business that not only coddles it's immoral players but embraces a left wing agenda.

Donald Trump embraces much of that left wing agenda that the NFL does, I don't know why they can't both get along.

If Donald Trump were truly interested in bringing this broken country together, he'd articulate as to why the players who are protesting "police brutality" by refusing to stand for the National Anthem should appreciate not only the men and women in law enforcement who protect them, but the nation that allows them to be multi-millionaires for playing with a leather ball.

Truster

John Lennon's dream is coming true right before our eyes. The individual in the ascendancy and those institutions which served to promote higher ideals being trounced. Who would have thought defending the need to honor the anthem and the flag (and all they stand for) would be considered divisive.

You call it honouring, but it is idolatry.

nikolai_42

You call it honouring, but it is idolatry.

My comment has to do with the general direction of things as evidenced by what is happening in the NFL. What was supposed to be a protest over killings that were considered unjustified (cops killing black men) became a larger issue by dragging the whole country into something that should have gone away a long time ago. But it is kept alive by political opportunists who know they can maintain influence as long as there is a crisis. So a generation is being taught that America is evil at the same time the individual is replacing the country as an object of sovereign esteem. In days gone by, patriotic symbols provoked love of country because it was also recognized (as indicated in founding documents) that our very rights derive from our Creator. It wasn't an idolatrous love. For years, Presidents declared days of fasting and prayer and seeking repentance for the country - there was an honest recognition that liberty and safety came (ultimately) from God. The country was far from perfect, but her blessings were seen to derive from above. Once the Almighty is removed from the equation, the individual fills in the hole. The nation that forgets God (not merely the nation that sins) is turned into hell. Now the sins of her past are being used as an excuse to deny all the blessings of liberty because many do not want to acknowledge Who provided them. So the individual has to replace the sovereign nation. That is the spirit at work now.

Remember, even Daniel gave honor to the king that held him captive :

Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonied.
Now the queen by reason of the words of the king and his lords came into the banquet house: and the queen spake and said, O king, live for ever: let not thy thoughts trouble thee, nor let thy countenance be changed:

Daniel 5:9-10

Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.
Then these presidents and princes assembled together to the king, and said thus unto him, King Darius, live for ever.

Daniel 6:5-6

Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
Daniel 6:21

Daniel did exactly what others did in honoring the king. And there is nowhere where I see him being rebuked for idolatry. And he could have been if scripture is read a certain way :

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

Deuteronomy 32:39-40

Idolatry is in the heart. Those that bless God for all that He has bestowed on them are not being idolatrous when they honor the flag, the country, the President.