Body and Soul

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Was listening to one of Bob Enyart's broadcast dated June 6, 2014.
Here's the link if you want to listen to the whole broadcast:
http://kgov.com/bel/20140626

He made this interesting comment, of which I will paraphrase.
It is the brain which stores our memories.
But at death, the brain turns to dust along with the rest of the body.
But even without our physical brain, or body (after death) we still retain our memories.​

We see this with the rich man that died and still remembered his brothers.
Luke 16:19-31

We also see this of the saints that had died who remember the injustice they suffered.
Revelation 6:9-10

So the link between body and soul are more complicated than just physical and non-physical elements.

Thoughts?

way 2 go

:think:

how would a brain injury that alters you personality affect
your salvation ?

or Jason Bourne like amnesia ( you are a Christian before you lose your memory but do not remember after memory loss )

glorydaz

Was listening to one of Bob Enyart's broadcast dated June 6, 2014.
Here's the link if you want to listen to the whole broadcast:
http://kgov.com/bel/20140626

He made this interesting comment, of which I will paraphrase.
It is the brain which stores our memories.
But at death, the brain turns to dust along with the rest of the body.
But even without our physical brain, or body (after death) we still retain our memories.​

We see this with the rich man that died and still remembered his brothers.
Luke 16:19-31

We also see this of the saints that had died who remember the injustice they suffered.
Revelation 6:9-10

So the link between body and soul are more complicated than just physical and non-physical elements.

Thoughts?

I think the answer is found in the "inner man"....in the spirit of man....the heart and not the head.

Eph. 3:16-21
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.​

S0ZO

I think the brain processes and stores information. And it does appear that the mind (which is not the brain) also stores and processes information. However, I do not believe that when we die we will remember everything in this life. I would be very disappointed if a million years from now I start hearing a Justin Bieber song playing in my mind.

drbrumley

I think the brain processes and stores information. And it does appear that the mind (which is not the brain) also stores and processes information. However, I do not believe that when we die we will remember everything in this life. I would be very disappointed if a million years from now I start hearing a Justin Bieber song playing in my mind.

No doubt!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Baby, baby, baby, oh

way 2 go

Wow! Was Jason Bourne a Christian? No, wait....what? :noid:

:chuckle:

some people with brain tumors have their personalities altered

i used Jason bourne because most people know of the movies
Jason bourne in the books was shot in the head and suffered
permanent amnesia .

if a Christian suffered permanent amnesia ,rejects
Christ for say the next 25 years , ( becomes jason bourne ) then dies
what happens to him when he dies ?
:chz4brnz:

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:

some people with brain tumors have their personalities altered

i used Jason bourne because most people know of the movies
Jason bourne in the books was shot in the head and suffered
permanent amnesia .

if a Christian suffered permanent amnesia ,rejects
Christ for say the next 25 years , ( becomes jason bourne ) then dies
what happens to him when he dies ?
:chz4brnz:

I believe that receiving GOD's gift of salvation through Christ Jesus is the most rational decision one can make.

We are crucified with Christ at that point and sealed unto the day of redemption.

A less rational decision at some later point does not trump the earlier decision, nor could it make us uncrucified or unsealed.

(I was just kidding about Bourne)

Last edited:

glorydaz

I believe that receiving GOD's gift of salvation through Christ Jesus is the most rational decision one can make.

We are crucified with Christ at that point and sealed unto the day of redemption.

A less rational decision at some later point does not trump the earlier decision, not could it make us uncrucified or unsealed.

:thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

A less rational decision at some later point does not trump the earlier decision, nor could it make us uncrucified or unsealed.

way 2 go