Bigot businessowner punishes peaceful marijuana users

elohiym

yeah, you smoke it, thats why you wont answer my question.

There was another link there also, you clearly didnt read, you and your wife both are like that, dont read articles, just give emotional responses, maybe thats the pot talking?

Evil surmising? :think:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

Waitaminute here, are you saying that dopers actually had the motivation to leave their mother's basement and go out and get a job????

I can't imagine a business owner firing a bunch of losers people just because they partake in a lifestyle that is responsible for excessive absenteeism/tardiness and work related injuries. He oughtta be flogged with a rope made out of hemp.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Evil surmising? :think:

Like you saying the man is lying, im saying you smoke it, is what i think, so if you believe me having an opinion of you based on what you say or wont say, then you do the same to that man you dont know, dont you?

So, correct me if im wrong, do you smoke pot?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Barbarian notes that the high-tech industries think Colorado is a good place to hire employees, but a halloween decoration maker thought otherwise:
Maybe it's that making halloween decorations is a job more suited for the deep south, and high-tech operations are more suited to Colorado workers.

Musty again blames the employers:

Maybe they aren't bigots, and just know what their needs are.

Tongue in cheek, escapes you.

He was being facetious with sarcasm. He doesn't think the employer is a bigot.

elohiym

Like you saying the man is lying, im saying you smoke it ...

I haven't claimed I don't smoke it. The man made a claim that I don't believe. The thread is about him, not me.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, you don't have any experience with the substance you are making claims about? You've never smoked marijuana, right?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I haven't claimed I don't smoke it. The man made a claim that I don't believe. The thread is about him, not me.

Then why are you bent that i think you do? If you think its evil that i think you smoke it, smoking it must be evil then right? Also if you are ashamed to admit you do, then something must be wrong with it, right?

Correct me if I'm mistaken, you don't have any experience with the substance you are making claims about? You've never smoked marijuana, right?

Ive smoked it before when i was younger and before being a believer. God wants us to have a sober mind.

elohiym

Ive smoked it before when i was younger and before being a believer.

Me, too. When I was in tenth grade I was high most of the time. In every class I was the star pupil and received straight A grades. The sober kids couldn't keep up. It doesn't fit the idea of pothead being pushed on this thread, but I was definitely a pothead.

My creativity improved when I was high, but I suppose even high it would be boring creating Halloween decorations for a living, especially breathing all those chemicals all day. Those chemicals will hurt them more than marijuana will, so maybe losing their job was good thing.

God wants us to have sober mind.

Do you believe it's a sin to smoke marijuana? What about alcohol? What about anti-depression medication? Pain killers?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Me, too. When I was in tenth grade I was high most of the time. In every class I was the star pupil and received straight A grades. The sober kids couldn't keep up. It doesn't fit the idea of pothead being pushed on this thread, but I was definitely a pothead.

My creativity improved when I was high, but I suppose even high it would be boring creating Halloween decorations for a living, especially breathing all those chemicals all day. Those chemicals will hurt them more than marijuana will, so maybe losing their job was good thing.

Subjective. Addicts always believe they are better and more focused when they are using something.

Do you believe it's a sin to smoke marijuana?
yes.

What about alcohol?
If using it to get high or be in a state of drunkeness, then yes.

What about anti-depression medication? Pain killers?

If abused or taken when not needed or well past needed or to get high, then yes.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian notes that the high-tech industries think Colorado is a good place to hire employees, but a halloween decoration maker thought otherwise:
Maybe it's that making halloween decorations is a job more suited for the deep south, and high-tech operations are more suited to Colorado workers.

Musty again blames the employers:

Barbarian chuckles:
Maybe they aren't bigots, and just know what their needs are.

Tongue in cheek, escapes you.

The conversation escaped you. Read it again, slowly.

He was being facetious with sarcasm.

Yep. You missed it. Take another look at what he wrote, and what I wrote. And then think for a minute.

He doesn't think the employer is a bigot.

Oh, wait, I forgot my Warning For The Humor-Impaired. Sorry, about that.

musterion

Oh, now it's a combination of factors.
Not least among them is the onerous policies that city reportedly has imposed on small businesses. Which is only to be expected...liberals run it. That, combined with an increasing number of legal sorcerers reporting for work, I don't blame him one bit. He'll probably have no trouble finding responsible people to hire in S.C.

shagster01

45 full-time employess
22 pot smokers
5 quality workers

That leaves 18 bad hires by this guy that has nothing to do with pot.

I believe his pot smoker numbers are WAY to large to be true, but even so, will moving to S.C. improve his ability at hiring quality workers? I doubt it. He probably got the employees he paid for.

Or he simply couldn't compete with Distortions Unlimited, which kicks his behind around here as far as halloween designs and latex are concerned.

Quetzal

45 full-time employess
22 pot smokers
5 quality workers

I believe his pot smoker numbers are WAY to large to be true, but even so, will moving to S.C. improve his ability at hiring quality workers? I doubt it. He probably got the employees he paid for.

Or he simply couldn't compete with Distortions Unlimited, which kicks his behind around here as far as halloween designs and latex are concerned.
I agree, it is a bit suspicious. At any rate, it's his company and he can do with it what he pleases. But something in his story doesn't quite add up.

shagster01

I think it's funny that the same people around here who argue that making guns illegal won't stop people from having them are usually the ones that think making pot illegal will stop people from smoking it.

elohiym

45 full-time employess
22 pot smokers
5 quality workers

Interesting, especially the Distortions Unlimited part.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what to think of the story.
And I wonder just how isolated this situation is among all the Colorado employers.

But I think the guy has the right to move his business wherever he wants to.