Biblical Flat Enclosed Earth and Firmament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everybody thinks we WANT the earth to be flat and that we're "in love" with the theory, when in fact, it's the other way around.
Everybody thinks we are "in love" {with} the earth to be flat and that we WANT the theory? :idunno:

You may need a wee bit more precision in what you are actually trying to say.

AMR

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Your two eyes plus the ability to think ought to tell you that the moon is not self-illuminating. If it was there could be no phases of the moon. There would only be a full moon at all times. Since that is not true your assertion that the moon is self-illuminating is proven false by reality.
Are you calling God a liar? God made two great lights, not one.

Isaiah 30:25-28

And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

27 Behold, the name of the Lord cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:

28 And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.

Genesis 1:13-19 KJV -

And the evening and the morning were the third day.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part

And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.

26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the Lord bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

27 Behold, the name of the Lord cometh from far, burning with his anger, and the burden thereof is heavy: his lips are full of indignation, and his tongue as a devouring fire:

28 And his breath, as an overflowing stream, shall reach to the midst of the neck, to sift the nations with the sieve of vanity: and there shall be a bridle in the jaws of the people, causing them to err.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

You have decided... apart from scripture... that the two lights must both be self illuminating. Nowhere does scripture say that.

P.S. Isaiah 30 is in the CONTEXT of judging a rebellious people and Isiah 30:26 is a SPECIAL case!

Isa 30:25-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(30:25) And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers [and] streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. (30:26) Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You have decided... apart from scripture... that the two lights must both be self illuminating. Nowhere does scripture say that.

P.S. Isaiah 30 is in the CONTEXT of judging a rebellious people and Isiah 30:26 is a SPECIAL case!

Isa 30:25-26 (AKJV/PCE)
(30:25) And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers [and] streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall. (30:26) Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.
Yes, I know it's talking about the future in those verses.

Gary K

Banned

LOL. Come on Patrick. Let's get off the high horse. Of course I'm not saying God is a liar. I'm saying your interpretation of God's word is wrong. Nothing more nor nothing less. Everything you quoted here can be applied to the global earth model too, and without taking scripture out of context. Your assertion that the moon is self-illuminating isn't required to make these passages truthful. The moon clearly illuminates the earth at times during the night. The fact that the moon uses reflected light in no way does violence to that passage of scripture. God isn't limited to using a self-illuminating object to produce a lesser light. He can use reflected light just as well as humans can. The phases of the moon weigh heavily in favor of the idea that God uses reflected light with His "lesser light".

The fact that the Bible mentions the phases of the moon is far more in alignment with the global earth model than the flat earth model. The flat earth model requires there to be either no phases of the moon, or that the light produced by the sun breaks the all the observable properties of light. I have seen nothing from you on that subject. In your model either the moon has been observed as doing something it cannot do if it is self-illuminating as the sun is, or God created the sun with the ability to produce light with properties that no other light known to mankind replicates. I find these things to weigh very heavily against the flat earth model. That plus the no gravity idea which has the stars producing an effect on earth that requires gravity to exist.

A little more along these lines. No astronomer has ever photographed the edge of a planet. All photos show exactly the same thing that photographing a ball does no matter the angle from which the photo is taken. A flat sun, moon, and planets would have to show the flat edge like that which occurs on a round table when photographed from anywhere but from above and from the exact center of the table. Now if you argue that all the planets rotate so that they are always pointed exactly towards the earth you are saying something that you say is an argument against a global earth--geocentrism. The earth would have to exactly in the middle of all the planets and they woud have to be facing the earth at exactly a 90 degree angle from anyplace on the earth. Otherwise we would see the edges of those planets and moons.

Also, your argument that the earth is flat because in your estimation photographs all show no curvature means that the earth is square, not round as the flat earth model says it is. Why? Because a round flat earth would show a curved edge, not a completely straight edge when photographed from high altitude.

I haven't looked into this before. I've only spent a few days looking at this, and yet I see a lot of logical contradictions with no explanations from the flat earth believers.

I like you, I just think you're wrong on this idea.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Flat earth supporters claim correctly that there are NO images of earth from space that are not CGI, photo shopped, artists renderings or altered in some way. Any footage from satellites or similar "cameras" are either fake, wide angle lenses or fish eye lenses (Go-Pro etc.) or they are from Fake NASA.

Google Earth images are from NASA. One unaltered image is all it would take to prove the globe and yet in 2018 we don't have one. Doesn't that seem peculiar? Archived photos and film footage are even easier to alter.

I am not aligned with Flat Earth Society or many other disinformation shills that preach flat earth. There are many divisions in the FE community and I do not hold to some well known and "popular" views, images and theories.

So far, nobody can prove flat earth but nobody can prove a globe either when it should be so easy to do. One unaltered image from today's times. I can elaborate on my theories, many of which I share with other flat earthers, maybe a few that I think I thought of or haven't yet heard others assert.

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Flat earth supporters claim correctly that there are NO images of earth from space that are not CGI, photo shopped, artists renderings or altered in some way. Any footage from satellites or similar "cameras" are either fake, wide angle lenses or fish eye lenses (Go-Pro etc.) or they are from Fake NASA.

Google Earth images are from NASA. One unaltered image is all it would take to prove the globe and yet in 2018 we don't have one. Doesn't that seem peculiar? Archived photos and film footage are even easier to alter.

I am not aligned with Flat Earth Society or many other disinformation shills that preach flat earth. There are many divisions in the FE community and I do not hold to some well known and "popular" views, images and theories.

So far, nobody can prove flat earth but nobody can prove a globe either when it should be so easy to do. One unaltered image from today's times. I can elaborate on my theories, many of which I share with other flat earthers, maybe a few that I think I thought of or haven't yet heard others assert.
Quote Edit

Simply because liars can only tell more lies to maintain credibility.

Gary K

Banned

HUH? I gave you a bunch of links to photos taken by amateur astrophotographers. Many of these people use nothing more than dslrs to take images of our solar system. I've known people to take images of the solar system using film with the old slr cameras. Do you consider all photos taken with a digital camera to be cgi, and thus not to be believed? You're getting extremely paranoid if that is the case. I own a dslr and I can tell you the pictures I've taken with it are just as realisitc as the slides I took back in the 70s. All photos can be manipulated, including non-digital photographs, but believing all photos to be manipulated is pretty much beyond the pale in my book. That's stepping beyond healthy skepticism and into the realm of paranoia. It's thinking that everyone is out to get you.

Here is a link to an amateur astrophotographer. Spend some time on it and then come back and truthfully tell me this guy is all about deception. Look at his equipment. Look at his love of astronomy and tell me this guy is going to doctor his images so that they don't reflect reality. Look at his images of the solar system and space. http://www.jareksastro.org/index.htm

Gary K

Banned
Simply because liars can only tell more lies to maintain credibility.

Yeah, right. If all I have said here are nothing more than lies it ought to be extremely easy for you to demonstrate that supposed fact. Instead you have run away from doing so. Demonstrate that i have lied about the properties of light. Demonstrate that I have lied about the phases of the moon. Demonstrate that God is required to use a self-illumnating moon rather than reflected light. Come on. You open up your mouth and call me a liar so prove your assertions. I double dog dare you.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yeah, right. If all I have said here are nothing more than lies it ought to be extremely easy for you to demonstrate that supposed fact. Instead you have run away from doing so. Demonstrate that i have lied about the properties of light. Demonstrate that I have lied about the phases of the moon. Demonstrate that God is required to use a self-illumnating moon rather than reflected light. Come on. You open up your mouth and call me a liar so prove your assertions. I double dog dare you.

You izz funny boy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So far I haven't seen any good responses to God stopping the sun and moon for about 23 hours in Joshua 10, but not the earth or anything else. No good answer about about moving the sun backwards in. again Isaiah 38 either. I'll post those again sometime with my input but they clearly show that the sun moves and the earth does not move.

There are also the dozens of scriptures that tell us the earth does not move and the sun does. The Bible combined with the growing evidence makes think it's possible. Can't remember if I've said it in this thread but I don't want or need for the earth to be flat. I'm not married to the possibility and I'm just fine with a globe like I always thought before.

I never thought at all about a geocentric earth but I do now. So, even if the earth is not flat, I believe the earth is the center of the cosmos and everything moves around us in the firmament. I still believe in a firm dome of some shape or fashion per scripture.

Last edited:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
So far I haven't seen any good responses to God stopping the sun and moon for about 23 hours in Joshua 10, but not the earth or anything else. No good answer about about moving the sun backwards in. again Isaiah 38 either. I'll post those again sometime with my input but they clearly show that the sun moves and the earth does not move.

There are also the dozens of scriptures that tell us the earth does not move and the sun does. The Bible combined with the growing evidence makes think it's possible. Can't remember if I've said it in this thread but I don't want or need for the earth to be flat. I'm not married to the possibility and I'm just fine with a globe like I always thought before.

I never thought at all about a geocentric earth but I do now. So, even if the earth is not flat, I believe the earth is the center of the cosmos and everything moves around is in the firmament. I still believe in a firm dome of some shape or fashion per scripture.

Just because I know the Earth is globe does not mean that I don't believe in the miracles of God.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Status
Not open for further replies.