Best Friends Not Allowed

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a child inviting his friends to his happy birthday party anywhere he is.
And to tell a child there is something mean and nasty about doing that is child abuse.

Or it could be telling that child to be aware of the feelings of other children and to discretely pass out party invitations to his or her friends.

One would think that the parents of the happy birthday child would teach their children such things, I wonder why they aren't?

glorydaz

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a child inviting his friends to his happy birthday party anywhere he is.

Oh, a kid can't be discreet while in class? Have schools changed that much from when we used to pass notes back and forth?

Don't be an old fight-picker. It's a good opportunity to remind your kid that they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings while they ask certain ones to their party. We managed to do it when I was in school, and I don't recall anyone being crushed by it.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh, a kid can't be discreet while in class? Have schools changed that much from when we used to pass notes back and forth?

Passing a buddy a note is different that passing out 15 envelopes to a select group of classmates.

Don't be an old fight-picker. It's a good opportunity to remind your kid that they don't want to hurt anyone's feelings while they ask certain ones to their party. We managed to do it when I was in school, and I don't recall anyone being crushed by it.

Children will have their feelings hurt as they grow older, and as the article stated, it's an important part of growing up. That being said:

Why would a parent purposely want to hurt a child's feelings?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to pay better attention. The policy is that unless the student invites everyone in the class, they can't pass out the invitations in the class.

They can still pass out the invitations on the bus, at recess, at lunch, or pretty much anywhere else.....just not in the class.
I was paying attention.
And the reason for it is dumb.
Just another example of extremists hunting for a tiny little mole hill to make a mountain of.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
It seems if one does not have the child make a class announcement, " these are the children invited", then invite those who you choose. Some of these weird ideas, are just that, ideas and impossible to put into practice.

glorydaz

Passing a buddy a note is different that passing out 15 envelopes to a select group of classmates.

Children will have their feelings hurt as they grow older, and as the article stated, it's an important part of growing up. That being said:

Why would you assume a parent would want to hurt a child's feelings?

Who throws a birthday party with 15 classmates? This is why having a small number of BEST FRIENDS is so important to a child.

Kids are not stupid. They don't all get to go rollerskating with Johnny, or to ballet class with Betsy, or the campout with Charlie. It's a good reason to be friendly to everyone so you might get invited to some other special engagement.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exactly.
Why would any parent want to purposely ruin their kids happy birthday party by making him invite someone he doesn't want to be around.
Do you just not care anything at all about your child's feelings?

glorydaz

I was paying attention.
And the reason for it is dumb.
Just another example of extremists hunting for a tiny little mole hill to make a mountain of.

It seems if one does not have the child make a class announcement, " these are the children invited", then invite those who you choose. Some of these weird ideas, are just that, ideas and impossible to put into practice.

Good old common sense. Leave it to the libs to overthink everything and make it into a PROBLEM.

Danoh

And Mr. "TOSSED TO AND FRO" gets in his little dig at the "fool woman".

I called you a fool woman; not Tam.

But you are a busy body, so it's expected you'd stick your nose into what I ribbed her about, towards distorting said ribbing :chuckle:

I might not agree with her here and there, but I have always thought highly of her on much.

GD, it's time you take your obvious "woe is me" to the Cross you claim your rest is in :chuckle:

Failing that once more, Romans 5:8 will nevertheless await your standing in by faith.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

In short, a little tribulation from yours truly, is good for ya...

:rotfl:

glorydaz

I called you a fool woman; not Tam.

But you are a busy body, so it's expected you'd stick your nose into what I ribbed her about, towards distorting said ribbing :chuckle:

I might not agree with her here and there, but I have always thought highly of her on much.

GD, it's time you take your obvious "woe is me" to the Cross you claim your rest is in :chuckle:

Failing that once more, Romans 5:8 will nevertheless await your standing in by faith.

Romans 5:3 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

In short, a little tribulation from yours truly, is good for ya...

:rotfl:

What? You actually fancy yourself a tribulation for me. That's a real knee-slapper, that is.

Danoh

What? You actually fancy yourself a tribulation for me. That's a real knee-slapper, that is.

Obviously, since you stick your nose in many of my posts - come to think of it, maybe I'm not a tribulation for you - some people are into that sort of thing.

If so, get help with that - pronto :chuckle:

By the way, those two pdfs are on Google; I forgot to mention that.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Why would you assume a parent would want to hurt a child's feelings?

Again: Take it up with this parent:

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora

Who throws a birthday party with 15 classmates?

I used the number as an example to make a point.

This is why having a small number of BEST FRIENDS is so important to a child.

We're currently discussing if it's polite to hand out invitations to a birthday party in an indiscreet manner.

Kids are not stupid. They don't all get to go rollerskating with Johnny, or to ballet class with Betsy, or the campout with Charlie. It's a good reason to be friendly to everyone so you might get invited to some other special engagement.

But why would a parent purposely tell their child to hand out invitations in class knowing that other children's feelings will get hurt.

Exactly.
Why would any parent want to purposely ruin their kids happy birthday party by making him invite someone he doesn't want to be around.

That isn't the topic of discussion here, it's whether or not a parent should tell their child to discreetly hand out birthday invitations so that the other children's feelings don't get hurt.

Children will go through life having their feelings hurt for being "too short, too tall, too fat, too skinny, too dark skinned, too light skinned, etc. etc. etc.; why not teach children to be respectful of other people's feelings?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Here's what I think:

This is just one more reason, of more than a thousand other reasons, to get or keep your child out of the Godless public schools.

Call for the dismantling of the public school system, both here in the US and elsewhere in the world.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I can't believe that some of you so-called "adults" would dare to go so far as to demonize children

There are a few mean little kids who would do it to make others feel bad, but generally, it's the adults who play that game.

for wanting to have his friends over to share his happiness on his special birthday party day.

No problem. Just don't use the school to do it.

Are you so determined to turn everything you can into hatred so badly that you would start dragging children into your miserable ideology ???

Why is it so important to you, to make some kids feel bad? No matter what happened to you, making a little kid feel left out won't make you feel better.

Or maybe it will. That's downright low, and you would be a monster for doing so.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No problem. Just don't use the school to do it.
It's not wrong anywhere.
And the so-called 'adults' running that school should be ashamed of themselves for trying to convince little children it is.

Why is it so important to you, to make some kids feel bad? No matter what happened to you, making a little kid feel left out won't make you feel better.

Or maybe it will. That's downright low, and you would be a monster for doing so.
Because it's one-sided and unrealistic.
Kids are going to talk about their time at the party while at school anyway.
So everyone in class is going to find out who was invited and who wasn't invited anyway.
So that ridiculous little stunt of 'no invites at school' did absolutely nothing about 'saving' some kids 'feelings' for not being invited.

And what about the little child that complies to that stupid rule and does invite everyone (even though he doesn't want to).
The kids that already don't like him are gonna throw that invitation back at his face and laugh at him saying they wouldn't be caught dead at his stupid party.
You don't think that's gonna hurt his feelings??????

What about the other kid that invites the whole class and only 2 show up.
You think that is gonna make his day????

You dummies only want to look at one side of this.
And the side you picked makes no sense in reality.
It's a dumb rule that solves absolutely nothing.

The whole thing is a farce to further convince the sheep that they must all feel the same way about everyone or they are the mean ones.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Here's what I think:

This is just one more reason, of more than a thousand other reasons, to get or keep your child out of the Godless public schools.

Call for the dismantling of the public school system, both here in the US and elsewhere in the world.
Public education was instrumental in providing America with the literate population, the comparative needed to compete in a modern world and to participate in a functioning democracy.

What "JudgeRightly" advocates is a return to "the good old days" - The Middle/Dark Ages!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Is it true that it is illegal to homeschool in Germany? If yes, why?

... the Duchy of Zweibruecken was the first territory in the world to have a common (yes, girls and boys) compulsory school attendance law in 1592 .....It's generally seen as a cornerstone of equality and access (related to the fact that there are practically no private schools in Germany) to have all children educated at the same level in state schools. After WW2, the Allies did absolutely nothing to change that, it being an easy way to oversee education in the occupied Germany.

The prevalent opinion shared by the vast majority of German citizens is that - in Germany - only complete religious nut jobs dislike compulsory school attendance. These extremely rare cases you will usually hear all about in the media. From time to time, parents who don't see it fit to have their children educated about evolution and other things that irk their religious feelings, keep their children out of school, get fined for breaking the law and eventually sued by the state. In the worst case, they can lose custody. Every court up to the Supreme Court has upheld compulsory school attendance as compatible with the constitution and the European Convention on Human Rights.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-true-that-it-is-illegal-to-homeschool-in-Germany-If-yes-why

In Germany, the birthplace of compulsory public education, there is no broad based public support for reversing the nation's longstanding ban on home-schooling!

Home-schooling is perceived as an attempt by a few misguided parents to impose their own narrow religious views on their children and depriving them of their right to socialize with other children.

Compulsory public education in Germany is viewed as necessary for the child's right to develop into a fully functioning adult within a modern society - not just a carbon-copy of their parents' prehudices.

Last edited: