Benefit of trinity

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus said there is one true God.

Scripture says Jesus is his servant.

"The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified His Servant Jesus" (Acts 3:13)

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Practical Benefits of the Trinity

Practical Benefits of the Trinity

What is the benefit of believing it?
What is the benefit of not believing it?

The practical benefits (versus theological and soteriological) of the Trinity are numerous.

For me, a brief sentence or so answer would be:
A practical view of the Trinity impacts the way we worship, pray, relate to (or love) others, and how we are to deal with suffering.

No doubt someone on the pastor's search committee would then ask for some elaboration, given how a brief sentence or so would only tease the need for more elaboration.

Hence...

If we think about a Father, we necessarily think about a Son. Sons resemble their fathers, so God the Son resembles God the Father. God the Father possesses the divine essence, so God the Son must possess the divine essence. But God the Son is not God the Father. God the Father is not God the Son. Here then is where a practical view of the Trinity can teach us that there must be distinctions between the Persons of the Trinity: what each Person does, how each Person relates to the others, and so forth.

Accordingly, once we begin thinking about any one of the divine Persons, we immediately realize that two other Persons must exist as well. Scripture often describes the Son as the Word of God, and the Spirit as the Breath of God. If there is a Word (God the Son), then there must be a Speaker (God the Father). Likewise, if there is a Speaker (God the Father) there must also be a Word (God the Son). Yet there must also be a Breath (God the Holy Spirit), Who carries forth the Word that the Speaker says.

A practical view of the doctrine of the Trinity gives direction to our prayers, by reminding us that our prayers are founded upon the Trinitarian view of grace—access to God the Father that is freely ours by the God the Holy Spirit in the name of God the Son.

A practical doctrine of the Trinity teaches us to approach God in humility, as adopted children, purely by His grace. The doctrine of the Trinity also teaches us the true meaning of love, because it shows us the humility and sacrificial nature of God at work.

The doctrine of the Trinity drives us to the Cross, where the cross itself only makes sense to a Trinitarian eye. On the cross, an innocent Son is not being punished by an impassive Father for others' sins. The cross is a reminder to believers that they should not be surprised when (not if) they suffer. When we reflect on the achievement made actual by the suffering of God the Son, we gain perspective about our own suffering, enabling us to see that to suffer for God the Son is to suffer with God the Son. And when we are in the midst of despair and suffering, this knowledge is immensely practical.

Further,

The doctrine of the Trinity describes the name of our God, who is unlike any of the other pretenders to the throne.

The doctine of the Trinity names our God. This trinitarian name reminds the Christian of what the Father has done for me by the Son and does in me by the Holy Spirit.

In particular, understanding a little about the Trinity will encourage and help us to grow more like Jesus and to love one another.

But this raises a question: if the Father and Son both possess all the divine attributes, what is the difference between them? The answer is simple: they are distinguished by the relationship between them.

As to the practical benefits of not believing the Trinity, there are none. Those that vehemently deny this essential of the faith have no claim to the label Christian. To deny this is to deny Our Lord Himself at one's eternal peril.

AMR

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

jaybird

Jeremiah 29:13 Seeking Him fervently, is how we'd find Him. 1John 5:12 Matthew 7:23

We should read more (and more) opinionate less. We need to know the Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 2:2 John 5:23

when Yeshua teaches things such as we have to become like children to enter the kingdom, not everyone comes to the same conclusion of what Jesus is teaching. the conclusion i have i call an opinion.

i personally believe i should read less and do more. the pharisee leaders were very well read, but their actions were garbage, Jesus wqas very critical of this. do what they teach, dont do what they do.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
when Yeshua teaches things such as we have to become like children to enter the kingdom, not everyone comes to the same conclusion of what Jesus is teaching. the conclusion i have i call an opinion.

i personally believe i should read less and do more. the pharisee leaders were very well read, but their actions were garbage, Jesus wqas very critical of this. do what they teach, dont do what they do.

I said
You could always just believe Jesus. Jesus said the Father is the only true God.

John 17:1-3

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Or you could believe Paul. When Paul said "yet for us there is one God the Father.

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Why you guys do not respect His word?

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

Why is that so hard to understand?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Trinitarians did exactly what Pharisees did; persecuting the spiritual enemy.

That is their fruit.

Lon

There, you said it: Do what they 'teach.' You have to 'know.' James, who focusses on works, also says, it is like one who reads scripture and doesn't do it as compared to a man who looks into a mirror. Both of them are gazing at something. Jesus told us that what comes out of us makes us clean or unclean. So, here is my thought: Do a LOT to know Him and you cannot help, but be like Him. We are like those we spend the most time with. The best way to do that with our Savior is reading His word faithfully.

jaybird

Jesus says we know them by their fruit.

this is one of my favorite teachings.

the Cathars were a group of Christians that lived in France in the middle ages, they loved Jesus, fed the hungry, helped the sick, they were even happy to live side by side with roman Christians, thats good fruit in my opinion, but they had different theology and therefore a crusade was ordered against them.

jaybird

There, you said it: Do what they 'teach.' You have to 'know.' James, who focusses on works, also says, it is like one who reads scripture and doesn't do it as compared to a man who looks into a mirror. Both of them are gazing at something. Jesus told us that what comes out of us makes us clean or unclean. So, here is my thought: Do a LOT to know Him and you cannot help, but be like Him. We are like those we spend the most time with. The best way to do that with our Savior is reading His word faithfully.

i agree, let our actions speak for us, let the example of Christ define our actions.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Fruit of spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control.

This is the most noble word of Paul which Jesus' core teaching.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
You could always just believe Jesus. Jesus said the Father is the only true God.

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

Or you could believe Paul. When Paul said "yet for us there is one God the Father.

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

You need to add verses 5-6

John 17:4-5 New International Version (NIV)

4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

Reconcile 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 with Colossians 1:15-20.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

4 I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

The promise was in Gods heart before the world began.

1Pe 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

LA

genuineoriginal

Benefit of trinity
What is the benefit of believing it?
You can handle the cognitive dissonance that happens when considering whether God would give a man so much power and authority that he becomes second to God Himself.
What is the benefit of not believing it?
You can base your beliefs on what the Bible actually says instead of trying to find isolated verses to use to make the Bible to fit your beliefs.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
lol Who is Jesus praying to ? The very same Father that He was praying to in John 17-1,3
The very same Father that Jesus called "the only True God"

(NKJ)

Who gave Jesus the work to do on earth. Who is Jesus answering to. God doesn't answer to anyone. And no one gives God work to do. It has always amazed me how you can miss that simple connection.

You can read one verse or 4 verses they all say the same thing. Verse 4 No other God but one. Verse 6 yet for us there is only one God the Father.

1 Cor 8:3-6
3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
one of the benefits i see in not believing it, a believer can pray and worship the same as Yeshua did.

I said

Matt 20:23
23 So He said to them, "You will indeed drink My cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with; but to sit on My right hand and on My left is not Mine to give, but it is for those for whom it is prepared by My Father."
(NKJ)

THE DEITY OF SATAN

xxxThe devil is a deity.

4567 Satanas (sat-an-as');

of Aramaic origin corresponding to 4566 (with the definite affix); the accuser, i.e. the devil:

KJV-- Satan.

1140 daimonion (dahee-mon'-ee-on);

neuter of a derivative of 1142; a daemonic being; by extension a deity:

KJV-- devil, god.

The only three in one trinity god in the bible is the dragon, devil, satan.

2316 theos (theh'-os);

of uncertain affinity; a deity, especially (with 3588) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very:

KJV-- X exceeding, God, god [-ly, -ward].

2 Cor 11:14-15
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

xxx There is only one three in one god in the whole bible. Satan is useing the trinity to mock the living God.

Rev 20:2
2 He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;
(NKJ)

Last edited: