ECT Believers need to be repenting to keep their salvation!

heir

TOL Subscriber
You just make sure you get it all correct, sonny Jim.
1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Pretty simple, but I fear for you...

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I moved those posts to the Spammers wasteland.

Reactions: Lon

Cross Reference

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Pretty simple, but I fear for you...

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

What do you believe the "simplicity" in Christ is, free grace?

heir

TOL Subscriber

the preaching of the cross/ Jesus Christ, and Him crucified/ as in the power of God to save!

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

1 Corinthians 1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

1 Corinthians 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

And yes, salvation is free by God's grace through the Lord Jesus Christ!

Romans 3:24 KJV, Romans 5:1-2 KJV, Romans 5:17 KJV, Romans 5:20-21 KJV, Ephesians 1:6-7 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV

musterion

Pretty much. All the work God wants done for and in the believer has been done in Christ. There's no work left to do to get there or to stay there. Insist that there's work yet to be done by the believer to attain or keep God's approval is to say Christ failed:

For by one offering He hath perfected forever them that are sanctified.

That's either true for you or it is not.

ZacharyB

Most believers keep quoting their favorite comforting verses,
and ignore the verses that are not comforting to them.

It's as simple as that ... and it simply just will not work.

One must somehow reconcile all verses so all of them make sense together.

In a word ...
God's grace (unmerited favor) just makes it possible that
some people can be with the Most Holy God in heaven.
Those striving to be part of this group must fulfill God's requirements,
which includes choosing (with their God-given free will) to co-operate with God.

musterion

It's as simple as that ... and it simply just will not work.

One must somehow reconcile all verses so all of them make sense together.

Liar. Heir has dealt with all the verses, in their contexts. You're the one ignoring the ones that disagree with you.

OCTOBER23

MUSTERION,

WHAT ABOUT GOOD WORKS ?

Do you believe that Christians need to continue those ?

---------------------------

Believers need to be repenting to keep their salvation!

REPENT MEANS CHANGE - YES

heir

TOL Subscriber
All deceitful workers (such as yourself) keep quoting verses that are not written TO us and ignoring to whom they are written and the context in which they are written.