ECT Believers need to be repenting to keep their salvation!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi KRose, 2000 years ago God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing our trespasses unto us (2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV). Paul writes that the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV). All trespasses were forgiven then whether or not you believe it (Romans 3:3 KJV, Colossians 2:13 KJV), but in order for Christ's work to be put to your account, you must believe it (Romans 3:21-22 KJV, Romans 4:24-25 KJV).

Jesus did not teach "only believe".

Jesus taught--

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

One must rightly divide Gods Word.

Peter said--

2Pe 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
2Pe 3:17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.
2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

LA

Cross Reference

As to our salvation, those of us who have trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) have a Holy Spirit of promise seal which is a guarantee of our inheritance. That promise and guarantee seal is until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of His glory! It is a done deal!!!!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

"If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister"; Colossians 1:23 (KJV)

ZacharyB

Then he explains what the "armour" is and how it will protect us.
Why would we need protection if our salvation was a done deal?
Why would we need to even think about the wiles of the devil if we were all set?
Because there is more to living this life than our own salvation.
The enemy, Satan and his demons, are out to
destroy us, our lives, our health, our testimony, everything!
ALL believers are hampered in one way or other by their spiritual enemies
in one or more of these areas of our lives:
physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

Cross Reference

Because there is more to living this life than our own salvation.
The enemy, Satan and his demons, are out to
destroy us, our lives, our testimony, everything!
ALL believers are hampered in one way or other by their spiritual enemies ...
in one or more of these ways: physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually.

So what?? How can that not effect one's salvation?

Those who know don't use the word "hampered" but "tested".

ZacharyB

Please bear with me, I'm just getting used to this forum. I want to say that it is reasonable to take Jesus literally at what he said---praying DAILY that our heavenly Father "forgive us our trespasses." (Matt.6:9,10) We sin every day, and we ask God to forgive us. That is basically the same as "repenting" of whatever sin we committed.
Yes, thanks ... can you believe I left out the Lord's Prayer!
And all of this time I thought I wuz poifect.
Oh, well ... maybe in the next life. lol

ZacharyB

Where does someone get the idea that the "tares" will be part of the kingdom? That is not what Scripture says.
Until last week I agreed with thouself !!!
Jesus says BOTH are in the kingdom ... until they get separated out.
We both missed it ... How iz that possible? ... But it is.
Actually, probably just forgot it.

ZacharyB

Paul writes that the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)
is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV).
Back in those days: those who truly "believeth" were truly faithful, obedient, etc.
Not like today ... you've been bamboozled by Satan through man.
Hope this helps.

Cross Reference

Until last week I agreed with thouself !!!
Jesus says BOTH are in the kingdom ... until they get separated out.
We both missed it ... How iz that possible? ... But it is.
Actually, probably just forgot it.

Why don't you now explain how that can be possible?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus did not teach "only believe".

Jesus taught--

Mat 7:24 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

One must rightly divide Gods Word.
It's rightly divide the word of truth

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

You don't even agree with Paul as to what that is or how to do it.
Peter said--
Matthew 10:1-2 KJV, Matthew 10:5-6 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
"If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister"; Colossians 1:23 (KJV)
Colossians 3:24 KJV

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes, thanks ... can you believe I left out the Lord's Prayer!
just like the Catholics, eh?

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Matthew 6:8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Back in those days: those who truly "believeth" were truly faithful, obedient, etc.
You believe not the glorious gospel of Christ. What a shocker (not).

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Cross Reference

You believe not the glorious gospel of Christ. What a shocker (not).

2 Corinthians 4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

I hope you didn't quit your day job.

heir

TOL Subscriber
What makes you believe the "IF" means nothing and can be dismissed.
That's a slanderous report as I never said nor believe it means nothing and can be dismissed.

It's not about salvation, but about being grounded and settled!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Paul is addressing saints in Colosse (Colossians 1:2 KJV): those who have faith in Christ Jesus (Colossians 1:4 KJV), who are complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10 KJV) to know of the hope that is laid up for them in heaven having heard before the word of the truth of the gospel (Colossians 1:4-5 KJV).

To be grounded and settled and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel is to to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding.
Colossians 1:9 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;

God’s will is that all men be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth!

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Whereunto Paul was ordained a preacher, and an apostle, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity (1 Timothy 2:7 KJV), a minister, according to the dispensation of God which was given to him for us, to fulfil the word of God (Colossians 1:26 KJV)

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:
Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.